Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Tiamat and Domains
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elglanto
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  21:13:21  Show Profile  Visit elglanto's Homepage Send elglanto a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,

This might be a silly question but which domains could a priest of Tiamat have?

There are not the same in the Draconomicon or in the FR book about gods.
So i would like to know if maybe one of this book is 3.0 and the other one 3.5 si it could explain why.

Does someone has an answer for this?

Saer Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

124 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  22:05:14  Show Profile Send Saer Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I were playing in the FR, I would us the FR source. If a Core game, Draconomicon. At my table, I would allow a player their choice of any combination of domains from both sources, offered by Tiamat

Brace Cormaeril
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2011 :  23:11:55  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would probably use the Draconomicon because it came out after Faiths and Pantheons and Table 1-2 on pg 31 includes all of the domains listed in F&P for Tiamat, in addition to new domains. Also, it references dmoains from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (the domains listed in parenthesis are from the FRCG). Also, you should note that some of the domains that are listed in Table 1-2 have been updated in the Player's Guide to Faerūn.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2011 :  15:08:22  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
these domains below are "compiled canon" from every source FR has produced on Tiamat up through 3.5ed

TIAMAT –

Manifestations: The Chromatic Dragon, The Dragon Queen, The Dark Lady, The Nemesis of the Gods, The Undying Queen

(sources : FR Faiths and Pantheons, FR Powers and Pantheons, FR Campaign Setting, FR9 The Bloodstone Lands, FR10 The Old Empires, H4 module The Throne of Bloodstone)

Symbol: Five-headed dragon
Alignment: LE
Allies: none
Foes: Ilmater, Bane
Domains: evil, law, scalykind, tyranny, chromatic dragons, greed, necromancy, protection, animal, combat, divination, healing, time, wards, weather, guardian, charm, summoning
Worshippers: Chromatic dragons, Evil Dragons, Cult of the Dragon, fighters, sorcerers, wizards, thieves, assassins, blackguards, clerics (many clerics multiclass)
Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
Favored weapon: dragon head (heavy pick)
Other weapons: all bludgeoning, longsword
Armor: any
Bonus skill: can speak draconic
Affiliated orders: Serpent Guard, Knights of the Talon, Wyrmkeepers, The Pentagon

Tiamat's sacred things (source : web enhancement Deity Do's and Don'ts from wizards.com)

animals - reptiles, snakes

monsters - evil dragons, abishai, dragonkin

gems - precious gems and metals of all kinds

colors - black, gold

manifestation - thunderbolt from the heavens

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

elglanto
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2011 :  06:48:30  Show Profile  Visit elglanto's Homepage Send elglanto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank for your answers.

Edited by - elglanto on 23 Jun 2011 06:48:44
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2011 :  05:33:39  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on whatever the DM says is logical in my opinion. If you want to follow the deities having a certain number of specific domains only then i'd go with the Forgotten Realms source because Tiamat is slightly different in different worlds.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2011 :  05:43:10  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I would probably use the Draconomicon because it came out after Faiths and Pantheons and Table 1-2 on pg 31 includes all of the domains listed in F&P for Tiamat, in addition to new domains. Also, it references dmoains from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (the domains listed in parenthesis are from the FRCG). Also, you should note that some of the domains that are listed in Table 1-2 have been updated in the Player's Guide to Faerūn.

-Agreed. I'd go with the later source, as it would include more Domains. The Domains Tiamat has wouldn't particularly alter anything else about her, and is more a D&D mechanics thing than anything else (for the most part, since there aren't any major, major differences in portfolios and dogma between 'Core' Tiamat and 'Forgotten Realms' Tiamat). With that in mind, more options makes things more interesting.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000