Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Honor Among Thieves
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  13:29:43  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chapter 3 is now online.

http://www.elainecunningham.com/
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  14:50:58  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome...
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  02:14:17  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll have to figure a method for translating to SagePhone, but I'm definitely eager to set my electronic-claws on this.

Sage, are you telling me you couldn't leave well enough alone and now have some crazy homemade concoction OS running on your smartphone?!

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  02:48:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:

I'll have to figure a method for translating to SagePhone, but I'm definitely eager to set my electronic-claws on this.

Sage, are you telling me you couldn't leave well enough alone and now have some crazy homemade concoction OS running on your smartphone?!

Sage does strange things with all of his SageDevices. Even the SageCar runs by principles not fully understood by its creator... Or by modern science!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  03:07:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not yet. Though a version of SageOS for smartphones will undoubtedly feature on my "To-Do" list at some point.
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Sage does strange things with all of his SageDevices. Even the SageCar runs by principles not fully understood by its creator... Or by modern science!

When SageCar is working, of course. Currently, its only succeeding in acting as an attractor for dust and other particulate-muck during periods of wintry rain and storms.

And just to note... I stand by the quality and reliability of all of my SageDevices. Or at least I will.

It's on my list too.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Jun 2011 03:11:52
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  03:37:59  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is either extremely brilliant or somewhat arrogant, foolhardy and needlessly complicated. Either way, props for trying, I couldn't do it.

Sorry for the side-chatter, Elaine. I'm not a big e-book reader, but if you wrote it, I'll read it, eventually.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  12:50:45  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is either extremely brilliant or somewhat arrogant, foolhardy and needlessly complicated. Either way, props for trying, I couldn't do it.

Sorry for the side-chatter, Elaine. I'm not a big e-book reader, but if you wrote it, I'll read it, eventually.

Side-chatter is no problem.

Informal poll here. I'd be interested to hear from people who aren't e-readers but would read Honor's story in hard copy. Once the trilogy of short e-riginals is finished, I might have all three bundled into a print book.

Yes? No? Maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  15:25:58  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  15:42:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Informal poll here. I'd be interested to hear from people who aren't e-readers but would read Honor's story in hard copy. Once the trilogy of short e-riginals is finished, I might have all three bundled into a print book.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Myself, the Lady K, and a number of other friends who are new readers of Honor's story all heartily proclaim... "YES!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Jun 2011 15:43:52
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  17:28:15  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DEFINITELY!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  18:27:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Yes? No? Maybe?

I'd buy it. I'm enjoying this tale.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2011 :  22:52:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed. You are one of the few authors who can sell me a book without my having to read the jacket. Of course I always do because I'm impatient, but that's besides the point.

Are the first two chapters still available online? I couldn't find them on your site. All links brought me to chapter three.

Any chance of a preview of The Serpent's Daughter on the horizon?

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 14 Jun 2011 23:01:53
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2011 :  00:06:00  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes indeed. You are one of the few authors who can sell me a book without my having to read the jacket. Of course I always do because I'm impatient, but that's besides the point.

Are the first two chapters still available online? I couldn't find them on your site. All links brought me to chapter three.

Any chance of a preview of The Serpent's Daughter on the horizon?

On the upper right side of the website is a Category pull-down menu. All the preview chapters, Prelude through chapter 3, can be accessed as Excerpts and Honor Among Thieves.

More news on TSD as soon as I can pass it along.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2011 :  15:11:08  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're gunpowder-curious, today's Tales of Sevrin post offers a quick overview of what it is and how it was made.

www.elainecunningham.com

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2011 :  14:15:24  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chapter 4 is online. :)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2011 :  13:56:11  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chapter 5, scene 1 is now online.

www.elainecunningham.com
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2011 :  15:02:37  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Possible hard copy? I'd buy that...
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  12:08:04  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GRYPHON

Possible hard copy? I'd buy that...

Not at present, GRYPHON.

Honor Among Thieves is the first story in the Starsingers trilogy and, at 35,000 words, the shortest. While I think this length works as an ebook, it's not a length that readers are accustomed to buying. Once the entire trilogy has been e-published, it might make sense to do a printed omnibus.

It'd be nice to have hard copies for conventions and other events, and, of course, for the folks who don't use e-readers and don't like to download Smashword PDF copies to read on-screen.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  17:03:48  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chapter 6 is online, posted in 2 parts. :)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  21:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! I purchased this from Smashwords in hopes that you would receive a better cut than on Amazon. Also, I like the idea of having the DRM free version of it, which totally made it worth paying $1 more for it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000