Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Unusual half-fiend twins
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AleksanderTheGreat
Seeker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  04:47:33  Show Profile Send AleksanderTheGreat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm pondering creating a pair of NPCs which would be half-fiendish twin sisters. The unusual part about them is that one is half-demon and the other half-devil. How did this happen isn't important for this scroll. What IS important are your opinions about such an idea and suggestions on what childhood could those two girls have (assuming that they would not get separated).

Fighting for order! - Join me in the battle!

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  04:55:26  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, on rare occasions, a woman (or female humanoid, in this case) could copulate with more than one male and produce twin offspring with genetics from both fathers, so your unimportant detail is sound.

I was curious, though, if you had seen the two web enhancements that were released a few years ago dealing with half-fiends with specific fiend traits (Half-Demons: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a; Half-Devils: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070209a}

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

AleksanderTheGreat
Seeker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  05:01:53  Show Profile Send AleksanderTheGreat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know this web enhancements.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  06:10:25  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-What are the backgrounds of said twins, other than the fact that one is Half-Demon, and the other Half-Devil?

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

AleksanderTheGreat
Seeker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  06:44:44  Show Profile Send AleksanderTheGreat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Their mother was an aristocrat. She died during birth (couldn't handle TWO half-fiends). Her family was serving the church for generations as secret agents and spies (officialy) and also as assassins (not officialy). Well... at least something like that, I don't have this thought out yet.

Edited by - AleksanderTheGreat on 19 Apr 2011 06:45:26
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  07:28:10  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful idea. Just use those Web Enhancements... BTW I've got my own addition to them, yet never got round to translating it.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  16:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There have been RL cases where two different dads. So it is possible.

I think the main issue is the disposition of each twin. I try to maintain that as long as you are half mortal (i.e. dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, human, et cetera), then while you may be drawn toward certain tendencies (Evil and Law or Chaos) it is really the choices you make that determine your alignment and who you are.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

chamber101
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  16:53:20  Show Profile Send chamber101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They could have been kept secret by some church/sect/order/cult et.al. and maybe they don't even know their own true heritage.
They may have grew up in some isolated monastary far away from 'real life' so they could be conditioned, tutored and prepared for whatever purpose they have. This conditioning also teaches them to use their alter self abilities (or they wear special amulets) that hide their true appearance.
They would have no concept of other people, villages, towns other countries and cultures and are 'fish out of water' and this is where the pcs come in when one or both of the girls escape adn end up in some sort of trouble. Both the cult and opposing forces are after them and even the girls don't know why but now they are out and ahve seen that there is more world out there they want dont want to go back (at this point the pcs dont even know they are half fiends).

I quite like the idea that they are part of some plan by the cult to infiltrate demonic and devil power bases - maybe related to the blood war in some way.
Here is an interesting concept - their mother was part of the plan and gave her life knowing she could not survive the birth to give her cult these daughters. The cults aim is to infiltrate powerful demon and devil power bases on the blood rift in order to somehow end the bloodwar. The twist is that the Cult in question are good and are doing this for the greater good (so they beleive).
sorry, i'm streaming...
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  17:03:12  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definately both knowing evil (unless it was a double rape of their mother, one by a devil the other by a demon) but either way, they might both be scarred. Look at the Law vs Chaos axis in the pre-4E alignment systems for an idea on how they might have had sibling rivalries as a result.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  15:49:07  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just make it a curse or a blessing.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic