Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Alternate Times of Troubles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brix
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  11:35:34  Show Profile Send Brix a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In our group we played the ToT triology during the 2E period. Now, many years later and in another campaign, we come close to this story again.
I would like to play through the ToT, however I want to tell another story, maybe with other grounded deities.
I'm already aware of the document that lists the location of some deities during the ToT.
Did you ever played such an alternate ToT?

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  12:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strategise a battle with Red Knight.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  16:02:26  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played in a ToT campaign in Unther, the GM merged Planescape Faction War with the Gilgeam-Tiamat conflict (Hoar was one of the Mercykillers). The history of Unther was changed a bit, Unther inherited a lot of Imaskari planar technology.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  14:51:17  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

I played in a ToT campaign in Unther, the GM merged Planescape Faction War with the Gilgeam-Tiamat conflict (Hoar was one of the Mercykillers). The history of Unther was changed a bit, Unther inherited a lot of Imaskari planar technology.

That must be something to witness. Sounds like fun.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2011 :  23:24:54  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am actually preparing to run a Time of Troubles campaign myself sometime this summer. I can't remember when or where I found it, but I have a pdf that lists the known locations of most of the major deities. The only existing web link I could find was on a rather sketchy eastern European file sharing site, so I uploaded the copy from my pc instead. You can grab it off my dropbox account here.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2011 :  00:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wintermute27

I am actually preparing to run a Time of Troubles campaign myself sometime this summer. I can't remember when or where I found it, but I have a pdf that lists the known locations of most of the major deities. The only existing web link I could find was on a rather sketchy eastern European file sharing site, so I uploaded the copy from my pc instead. You can grab it off my dropbox account here.

Thank you very much for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

MadCyric
Acolyte

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2011 :  07:55:51  Show Profile  Visit MadCyric's Homepage Send MadCyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm starting a new campaign prior to the ToT the next time my group meets and I'm playing around with an alternative ToT, too. I do have the Avatar Series Adventures but I don't like what came out of them - beside Cyric, that is (on the other hand I do like the 3 old gods, too - so mabye I give my players the chance to stop Cyric before he could become the new god of death, murder oder tyranny).

So what are you planning to do? What will be different to the official outcome?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000