Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Map of Skuld
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  12:40:10  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,

I find myself in dire need for a map of Skuld! I can't find anything online that suits my need. I will be running Monte Cook's The Banewarrens in Mulhorand, with Skuld as the primary location, and as such, a map would be really useful!

I suck at drawing and thusly would rather avoid drawing my own.

Any sources of additional information about Skuld (the campaign setting is rather weak at this point) would also be very nice, though a map is a clear primary concern.

I hope you sages can help me! :D

EDIT: I found a map in a 2nd Edition Supplement called Old Empires. It suits my needs, but it's not very good though, so if anyone has something better, do tell :)

"And on the pedestal these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair!" - Percy Shelley

Edited by - Grunker on 11 Apr 2011 13:37:16

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  15:42:19  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was some fan made map of Skuld on the wizard boards a while back. Let me see if i find it.

EDIT: Found it. Link!
(alas, my skills with this damnable contraption is lacking, so you'll have to do with the insanely long link)

Mod edit: Cast shrinky link

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 11 Apr 2011 19:39:37
Go to Top of Page

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  15:51:47  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perfect!!! It may lack in graphical style but it's perfect in terms of practical use. A print-out of that on A3 or bigger paper and I'm set :)

Thanks.

"And on the pedestal these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair!" - Percy Shelley
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  18:47:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

There was some fan made map of Skuld on the wizard boards a while back. Let me see if i find it.

EDIT: Found it. Big Link

Actually, that map was taken directly out of the FRIA, which means there had to be a hand-drawn version somewhere that it is based off of.

I'll look around.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  18:57:13  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Big Link

Show off.
Go to Top of Page

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  20:00:04  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Markus: Are you sure that's not the map I found in Old Empires? I only have a .pdf version of it, and it looks pretty bad in that scan.

However the other map is great, mainly because of the HUGE resolution. I'll print it out in A0 and stick it to some cardboard.

Unless of course, I find a better map before that :)

By the way, Old Empires is SOOO much better than Lost Empires of Faerūn. It had all the detailed information about Mulhorand I needed, where as Lost Empires was extremely shallow.

Edited by - Grunker on 11 Apr 2011 20:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  20:27:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The map from the FRIA is more useful (cleaner, and better size), but the one from OE has that '1e charm' about it.

Thats one of the few sources I don't own a hard-copy of, and my pdf map isn't such a great resolution either.

I pasted it together, you can see it HERE. My own copy is only slightly larger then that (so not much better) - damn Photobucket always shrinks things. I won't post it to my DeviantART because it isn't my work.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Apr 2011 20:27:58
Go to Top of Page

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  20:32:25  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picasa allows pretty huge resolutions I think :)

But does it compete with the resolution in the home-made one? Because that one is pretty awesomely big :D

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  20:43:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, not even close. If I could scan it myself I could do better, but as I said, I don't own the original hard-copy.

And that other one isn't "home-made", it is taken directly from the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, and those maps were made with an old version of Campaign Cartographer by Profantasy, the same company that produced the atlas.

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Apr 2011 20:43:39
Go to Top of Page

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  20:45:18  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that makes sense.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000