Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which race (or subrace) would you like to become?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  19:32:59  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obyrith.

Barring that (in no particular order), elan, sun elf, or shade.
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
270 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  20:03:56  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goblin riding a worg...

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  21:18:59  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Star Elf! We're the most beautiful, the most musical, and the all time best of the Tel'Quessir! :D
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
238 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  21:33:28  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sun elf, moon elf, half-elf, drow or fey'ri. :p
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  22:11:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mur-Zhagul (demon troll), but one with enough intelligence to become a great wizard. I'd take a couple levels of fighter first, then go eldritch knight/spellsword. Can't beat an armor wearing mage, who regenerates, has acid and fire resistance, spell resistance, plus a dancing weapon and a animated shield. Plus, whenever you want the ladies... you just polymorph

and if you found a lady who didn't need you to polymorph... with regeneration 10... just think of the kinky stuff you could do without worry of pain.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  23:29:58  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Dwelf.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  01:21:30  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Human, maybe Half-Elf. The class it what matters to me.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  05:23:42  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aryalómë

A Star Elf! We're the most beautiful, the most musical, and the all time best of the Tel'Quessir! :D

Will you have one of those cool head-lamps?

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  06:35:11  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aasimar. or Deva in 4th edition...but without being blue and weird looking.
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  16:30:36  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Human through and through. For me, the key part is being in the Realms, different races are just candy. Lol.

Understandably, all the players in my cross Realms 'play yourself' games over the years have also been humans. Some have sought transformations into other races over time (most notably people seeking cross blooded status to become sorcerers or such), but most have gained a new appreciation for simply playing humans! It's one of the things I like about playing a game where the characters are heroic in action, but not 'heroes' in terms of their statistics.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2012 :  17:01:15  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure, I'm for human-centric worlds, but in this case definitely something different. Storm giant are fun, or githzerai, marid.

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  21:43:14  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doppelganger, Solar, male Alu-Fiend, Wemic, Divine Minion of Sharess, Cloud Giant, Lyrathyi (werewolf elves).
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2012 :  15:36:43  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind being an Aasimar, extended life span and cool powers or perhaps a Sun elf. Of course being a dragon is also pretty cool. Hmm I don't think i can pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Abeir
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2017 :  11:51:24  Show Profile Send Abeir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon. Not sure on the subrace, probably a trickster like copper, mercury, or deep. Probably deep.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2017 :  18:54:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
an incubus

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2017 :  20:53:46  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Illithid

Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2017 :  04:58:48  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By Type:
Aberration: Elan
Animal: Bear
Celestial: Ursinal Guardinal.
Construct: Mithral Golem
Dragon: Crystal Dragon
Elemental: Earth
Fey: Pixie or LeShay
Fiend: Ultraloth.
Giant: Storm
Humanoid: Dwarf.
Magical Beast: Cranium Rat Swarm
Monstrous Humanoid: Gargoyle.
Ooze: Psychic Grey Ooze
Outsider: Mercane
Plant: Treant
Undead: Demilich
Vermin: Large Monstrous Scorpion

I think that covers my preferences.

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2017 :  12:56:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkmeer

By Type:

Demilich? Really? Beware what you ask for... that one sounds boring.... powerful but boring.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2017 :  03:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Darkmeer

By Type:

Demilich? Really? Beware what you ask for... that one sounds boring.... powerful but boring.

Powerful but Boring sounds wonderful. I could use that now. And being undead means no more headaches.

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Bumbleknot
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2017 :  20:47:29  Show Profile Send Bumbleknot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rock Gnome
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2017 :  00:23:52  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Male Llewyrr elf. Considering that they're outnumbered 3-1 by the females, I would have a pretty good time I think.....
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2017 :  02:26:17  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sun or moon elf. Yeah, sun elves can be arrogant, but I love the elven race as a whole. Their history is sad, but they persevere. I have always had an affinity for them.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2471 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2017 :  02:29:21  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A dragon, maybe a silver one. Or a dragonborn if dragons aren't allowed.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  11:10:40  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Either an elf, for the lifespan, or a water genasi, for the ability to breathe water.

Why not a water elf, then?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  12:38:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Either an elf, for the lifespan, or a water genasi, for the ability to breathe water.

Why not a water elf, then?

I'm not interested in spending all of my time in the water. I just want it as an option.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000