Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which race (or subrace) would you like to become?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  07:17:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jarlaxle_

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Read Races of Faerun. Shade is listed [pp. 147-149] as one of the minor races.

Just checked it and its something you can become not something you are born. So its a template like chosen or lich

Born or not, it's still a race. I'd be born human then become a shade.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 08 Apr 2011 07:18:07
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  09:02:38  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dagnirion- there aren't any celestial devas now. Angels have been completely reworked. The different types are refered to by title; "Angel of Vengeance, Angel of Battle," etc. Devas/aasimar(the name change was due to the developers thinking assimar was a stupid/silly name, they say as much in as many words in one interview) aren't the product of breeding between mortals and celestials. They are celestials who have bound themselves to a mortal form. They don't reproduce sexually; rather they reincarnate constantly.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  09:03:50  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also since we're bringing dragons into it, I'd go with hellfire wyrm.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  09:26:47  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol. Good choice.

I'm thinking stick with Red. You can't go wrong with Red.

I could go adventuring to get treasure fast, or chill out with barmaids and slowly accumulate it. Theres nothing that says I *have* to eat people. :P

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)

Edited by - Sylrae on 08 Apr 2011 09:32:20
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  12:06:46  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leaving anything non-humanoid, like a dragon, out of it, I'd have to say either a half-elf or Aasimar. A half-elf would be nice because of the slightly longer lifespan and slightly exotic appearance, while still being basically human in build and appearance. An Aasimar, on the other hand, has the same lifespan of humans but has a couple minor abilities and the angelic appearance and serenity would be nice to have.

For any race at all I'd go with a dragon, bronze or silver, just because they're dragons and being able to shapechange to a human form would be nice.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it weren't for the whole, turn into an unholy cat spirit with reverse hands if you go evil thing, I could go with devas. Just from an aesthetic point of view they look amazing.

Still, think I'll stick with half orc, assuming all of this includes keeping one's own mind(even then, since 4e half-orcs don't suffer intelligence or charisma penalties), the increased physical strength and agility would be appreciated.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  13:34:54  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

quote:
Originally posted by Jelennet

Which race (or subrace) would you like to become in FR if you were born there? And why?

Elan.

No longer will there be any risk of dying from old age. Ever.

Elans do not have sex, not because they can't, but because they don't care about it. I'd rather die young than this.

That's not something I've ever heard before.

In any case, my second choice would be a Time Dragon (Dragon #359 - you can hit Great Wyrm status in days, if not faster), followed by a Gold Dragon. (I chose not to make them my first option largely because "be a dragon" seems a little bit over the top.)

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster

Edited by - Eldacar on 08 Apr 2011 13:37:36
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  15:53:56  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halfling for sure, the rest of the races are too "typical", humans, elves (I'm tall and cool you are not folk), dwarves, ... and the rest are perhaps too "rare" for my tastes, Aasimar, Genasi, Tieflings, ...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 08 Apr 2011 16:05:30
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  17:47:38  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think being an Orc could be skads of fun...if not for the short life-span...

But for all intents and purposes, I think I'd choose either a Storm Giant or (most likely) I'd have to be a Steel Dragon (also known as Greyhawk Dragon) because they are the most "human-like" of dragons.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Gouf
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  22:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Gouf's Homepage Send Gouf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shield Dwarf

"Why is the torch burning blue?"
Go to Top of Page

AleksanderTheGreat
Seeker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  01:16:17  Show Profile Send AleksanderTheGreat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Inccubus.

Fighting for order! - Join me in the battle!
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  22:27:55  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sarrukh because they are awesome! Also because they formed the first empire on Abeir-Toril.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  03:06:15  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to be a Moon elf, Avariel or Drow. Or alternately, a half-dragon(2nd ed!). You get a longer life-span, really cool abilities, (Come on, who wouldn't love to torch the rears of those who annoy you?) and you still have a humanoid form- not to mention you're stronger, tougher, and have excellent senses.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  20:12:17  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
agree with the elans, tough a stupid name
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  00:23:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If I can't be a shade, then I'd be a githvyrik. Though I better start making potent healing potions so as not to suffer from a fate like Vhostym's.

Go to Top of Page

Starsinger
Acolyte

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2011 :  18:46:16  Show Profile Send Starsinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmm, if I could choose a dragon it would be a song dragon. I can't sing to save my own life, so it would be nice to be able to hold a tune. Not to mention being able to fly.

But as for the standard races, probably an elf. Just think of all the time you will have to sit back, relax and read books! And for a subrace I would probably choose a star elf, just because they seem so mysterious.

The elan race would be really great, except that I keep thinking of Elan from the Order of the Stick and suddenly the whole race seems rather silly.

Edited by - Starsinger on 11 Feb 2017 12:31:11
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2011 :  09:15:44  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,

definately a Hobgoblin, eventually one with draconic or Fiendish Blood ( Half-Fiend )

And then show all of 'em wut the greenskins can do....

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2011 :  12:13:41  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bearded Gnome.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2011 :  14:30:03  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fey'ri. I find their history and that of the Crown Wars amazing.

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2011 :  15:36:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Bearded Gnome.

Should I just save myself the trouble and start calling you "Flint?"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2011 :  21:07:41  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A kobold that is a psion.

Then gain a few levels and become more powerful then even AO.

If that was out of the question though, likely a feyri or an sun-elf.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2011 :  04:59:15  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Perhaps I'd be Ao himself. I'll amuse myself with my underlings' (the gods') ever changing schemes and their lackeys' (the faithful's) inevitable involvement.

Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2011 :  09:13:11  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh heh. Dennis being my underling would be pretty awesome. I'd be like "So Mr. AO... why ya make us Kobold's such adventurers slaughter playtime hmm? I should make you a mortal and send you down there to be beaten by your gods. See how ya like being mistreated from stronger creatures"

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2011 :  11:13:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

A Kobold more powerful than Ao? Unlikely.

Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2011 :  13:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

A Kobold more powerful than Ao? Unlikely.

In forgotten Realms it's been done.

Pun-Pun.

While not offical, by the rules it is possible for a lowly kobold to become more powerful then even AO at level 5 in the Forgotten Realms campagin.

Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  13:55:23  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erinyes

z455t
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  14:09:18  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Gulguthra!

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  15:31:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A human.

I've always wanted to know what that felt like.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  17:05:50  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
moon elf

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2012 :  18:24:54  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baernaloth

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000