Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A new instalment for a classic realms novel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  17:40:55  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What "classic" realms novel would you like to see have a new instalment? By classic I mean a novel published last millennium!

My choice would be a sequel to Shadow Stone by Rich Baker. It would be great to find out whether Aeron survived the Spellplague...

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  21:41:47  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'd like to see a new book about Liriel Baenre. I really want to know what has become of her.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2011 :  22:53:46  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like an updated version of Evermeet. I'm ithching to find out what happened to various characters from that lovely book by Elaine Cunningham. Namely, the two lost twin princes, Prince Lamruil, the queen and others. I would also love to get to know what became of Artus Cimber, Alias and Dragonbait etc. The list is simply too long
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  01:00:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything providing new details on Danilo's future would indeed be welcome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  01:35:57  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would personally like a novel about Wulfgar alone...no dark elf, no dwarf, and no former love.

Something showing his later years, probably in his fourties or so. I can only imagine that he was one bad-ass by then.

Let us see the real barbarian in him, tempered by the civilizations he has lived in...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  04:14:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

I would like an updated version of Evermeet. I'm ithching to find out what happened to various characters from that lovely book by Elaine Cunningham. Namely, the two lost twin princes, Prince Lamruil, the queen and others. I would also love to get to know what became of Artus Cimber, Alias and Dragonbait etc. The list is simply too long

Pretty much all of these. Though I'd add one other thing to the list... In the Finder's Stone books, we met Alias and three of her sisters. I'd like to read a Novak and Grubb book that focused on yet another member of that sisterhood (though hopefully not the Waterdhavian courtesan; I used her in one of my Lords of Waterdeep articles ).

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  05:08:27  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Personally, I'd like to see a new book about Liriel Baenre. I really want to know what has become of her.

Agreed.

Also, I'd like to "see" how the surviving enclaves of Old Netheril (other than Shade) fared after the Fall. The sourcebooks revealed what happened to them, but seeing them in novels makes it more interesting.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  08:49:20  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i really want to know what happened to kymil nimesin after evermeet.another trilogy focusing in or around the moonshaes would be nice as well.great topic by the way.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  15:34:45  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pretty much all of these. Though I'd add one other thing to the list... In the Finder's Stone books, we met Alias and three of her sisters. I'd like to read a Novak and Grubb book that focused on yet another member of that sisterhood (though hopefully not the Waterdhavian courtesan; I used her in one of my Lords of Waterdeep articles ).

I concur Wooly. I have wondered much about the sisters of Cat and Alias.
You mentioned a Waterdhavian courtesan, where could i read more about her, or others? Aside from The Finder's Stone trilogy?
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  18:04:17  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about another Maztica based trilogy focusing on the problems caused by the swap of Maztica with Returned Abeir...?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  18:12:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You mentioned a Waterdhavian courtesan, where could i read more about her, or others? Aside from The Finder's Stone trilogy?

Officially, the only ones appearing as named characters in Realms fiction are Cat, Zhara, Alias, and the late Jade More.

Unofficially, I used the Waterdhavian courtesan clone (mentioned in the end of Azure Bonds, when Alias sees all of her sisters, and mentioned again in passing in Song of the Saurials) in one of my Lords of Waterdeep write-ups. I named her Sapphire, made her a psionicist, and connected her to one of my own Lords, Sierkan Dahl. He's described in Volume 8 of the Candlekeep Compendium. It's all about Sierkan, though, so Sapphire is mostly a supporting character.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  18:51:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed with a lot of what has already been said.
A follow up to The Shadow Stone (with regards to the Shadow Weave and then through to the spellplague).
A novel about Wulfgar after he leaves the companions and rejoins the barbarians.
More about Alias' clones.
Reclamation by Elaine Cunningham
Another novel taking place in the Moonshaes to follow up some more from there.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  19:01:45  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I second most of what has been said.

quote:

And Arilyn!

Kymil Nimesin would be nice too.
and Reclamation.
and Kael & Aliisza!

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:20:42  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Officially, the only ones appearing as named characters in Realms fiction are Cat, Zhara, Alias, and the late Jade More.

Unofficially, I used the Waterdhavian courtesan clone (mentioned in the end of Azure Bonds, when Alias sees all of her sisters, and mentioned again in passing in Song of the Saurials) in one of my Lords of Waterdeep write-ups. I named her Sapphire, made her a psionicist, and connected her to one of my own Lords, Sierkan Dahl. He's described in Volume 8 of the Candlekeep Compendium. It's all about Sierkan, though, so Sapphire is mostly a supporting character.

Ah nice, thanks. I'll go ahead and download it and check it out.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:25:14  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

2nd that.....and since were talking about Elaine... seeing what happened to Tsigone and Matteo(sp?) along with Halruaa.

Best case would be Reclamation somehow completed and published in any form.(preferably free download)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 14 Feb 2011 21:26:06
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:27:35  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ring of Winter....love to read more Artus Cimber tales.....did I read somewhere he is now an exarch of Auril???

Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  22:20:01  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Ring of Winter....love to read more Artus Cimber tales.....did I read somewhere he is now an exarch of Auril???

What the... Didn't see that one coming! Is this from some new rulebooks or?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  23:04:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was in one of the web articles.

It's not something I understand the logic of, myself. Yeah, Auril is winter, and Artus has the Ring of Winter, but it's been explicitly stated that it's an artifact for good, and Artus himself was a Harper. So I'm personally thinking it's not a good fit.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  00:24:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

'Twas "Hall of the Frostmaiden," by Brian James, from DRAGON #367. Inside, we're told that both Iyraclea and Artus Cimber are Exarchs of Auril.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  02:46:50  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

'Twas "Hall of the Frostmaiden," by Brian James, from DRAGON #367. Inside, we're told that both Iyraclea and Artus Cimber are Exarchs of Auril.

Hey Brian!

You got some 'splainin to do

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  03:13:53  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Must've turned to the Dark Side. They have cookies, y'know....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  03:33:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  03:58:42  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RECLAIMATION! Hands down, this is the book I want.

A sequel to City of Ravens would likewise make me overjoyed.

I also want the Zaknafien/Jarlaxle book...or a book about Cadderly's children.

Paul Kemp could write more about Shade enclave and I wouldn't be too disapointed either.

A follow-up to Silverfall post spellplague (and if any of the seven sisters dead then a story about their demise)

I would also really enjoy another book along the lines of Prince of Lies/Cruicble/Avatar Trilogy. Get a sense of the politics of the heavens now.

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  04:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a relative newcomer, most of my reading has been post-2000 books. Of the classics that I have read I would like to see some kind of follow up to the Shandril trilogy to see what happens to Narm and to elaborate on Shandril's fate. Maybe a novel (pre Transitions) following the Sea Sprite, or perhaps detailing the early days of Robillard while he was still with the Hosttower in Luskan.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  04:24:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe the Brothers' James are like the Qel-Droma brothers. Brian can be Ulic.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  05:18:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I want to see what became of Lauzoril's daughter after the events in The Simbul's Gift. Did she grow to be a Red Wizard? Perhaps Lauzoril's 'backup' or 'waiting replacement' in the event of his death/murder?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  06:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Brian! You got some 'splainin to do
Alas, that's one lore conundrum that may never have an official explanation. Just know that there is method to my madness and that I am an uber Artus Cimber fan.

So to answer the OP's question, please add me to the list of fans that who would love to see any new Realms fiction at all penned by James Lowder.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  07:10:28  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

quote:

Hey Brian! You got some 'splainin to do
Alas, that's one lore conundrum that may never have an official explanation. Just know that there is method to my madness and that I am an uber Artus Cimber fan.

So to answer the OP's question, please add me to the list of fans that who would love to see any new Realms fiction at all penned by James Lowder.

I will second that notion Brian. I was always a fan of his realms fiction.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  16:18:18  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

You are going to like this quote from Jan 25th by Richard Baker:

"It’s been a busy start to the year already! I’m now engaged in writing the first draft of a new Jack Ravenwild novel, and I’m trying to reestablish the work habits that let me find a few thousand words a week in my evenings and weekends. So far, so good: I just finished Chapter 2 last night."

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  18:09:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:

"It’s been a busy start to the year already! I’m now engaged in writing the first draft of a new Jack Ravenwild novel, and I’m trying to reestablish the work habits that let me find a few thousand words a week in my evenings and weekends. So far, so good: I just finished Chapter 2 last night."

Really? Jack Ravenwild was a 3E character... Is this novel being set in the 1370s, or has Jack somehow survived to the 4E Realms?

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  19:03:10  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:

Really? Jack Ravenwild was a 3E character... Is this novel being set in the 1370s, or has Jack somehow survived to the 4E Realms?

Sorry Wooly, this is the only information available at the moment.

Maybe Gomez or Erik could dig up some more information for us.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000