Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Undead - Unholy 100 year gap??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lumo
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  16:23:08  Show Profile  Visit lumo's Homepage Send lumo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find any info using search. I just finished reading the haunted lands book 2, Undead. I picked up the 3rd book and saw it jumps 100 years into the future but it has the same characters returning. This is the second trilogy in the FR universe I'm reading, so I'm not sure why it jumped forward.

Upon reading FR wiki, I know that the Spellplague happened, but again why does it jump forward with no characters aging and or dying?

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  17:43:25  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lumo

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find any info using search. I just finished reading the haunted lands book 2, Undead. I picked up the 3rd book and saw it jumps 100 years into the future but it has the same characters returning. This is the second trilogy in the FR universe I'm reading, so I'm not sure why it jumped forward.

Upon reading FR wiki, I know that the Spellplague happened, but again why does it jump forward with no characters aging and or dying?

Yes, FR has been in a transition phase to post spellplague and some series were happening during.

Bareris is undead after events that transpired(Thus does not age). Aoth has a spellscar, and the Zulkir's are high level wizards and certainly have access to things like potions of Longevity and other things to extend their lives.

Edited by - Firestorm on 29 Jan 2011 17:46:42
Go to Top of Page

lumo
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  13:57:36  Show Profile  Visit lumo's Homepage Send lumo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, FR has been in a transition phase to post spellplague and some series were happening during.

Bareris is undead after events that transpired(Thus does not age). Aoth has a spellscar, and the Zulkir's are high level wizards and certainly have access to things like potions of Longevity and other things to extend their lives.

So does everyone around them that doesn't have these abilities die? What happened during these 100 years? Should I just stop asking and read the third book and it will all be explained in there?

Edited by - lumo on 30 Jan 2011 13:58:45
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  18:54:31  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So does everyone around them that doesn't have these abilities die? What happened during these 100 years? Should I just stop asking and read the third book and it will all be explained in there?

There is a LOT of unanswered questions about what transpired with our beloved heroes and villains in the 100 year gap, most of them will probably not be answered, at least not yet. Some of the novels set post-spellplague has some tidbits about certain famous people and what happened to them. Drizzt and company, El, Storm etc. And yes, in Unholy you get some information on what the characters were up to in the 100 year span between the novels.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  10:11:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Should I just stop asking and read the third book and it will all be explained in there?

Yes. Less spoilers for you, too.

As Firestorm noted, the characters in the series are not your ordinary mortal wizards. Ergo, the time jump hardly matters to them.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

lumo
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  23:08:17  Show Profile  Visit lumo's Homepage Send lumo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I'll just dive right into the third book.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  04:48:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I suggest you post a review of the trilogy once you're done.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000