Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 who would you follow on twitter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  20:03:03  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
just a bit of fun.which realms hero,heroine or villain would you follow.maybe manshoon although all his clones would end up accusing each oyher of being imposters.or what about elminster.tweeting what hes having for breakfast and then going on to say how he has to go and take out an army of zhentarim agents working undercover in waterdeep.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  20:14:31  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would follow me, *G*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  20:31:01  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd follow El or Drizzt. Or Danilo, lol!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  20:34:46  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This reminds me of the Facebook shenanigans done by Legend of the Seeker fans, when several of them took on various personalities in the book/show and roleplayed them out on Facebook. Darken Rahl threatening Richard in their wall updates, Cara noting that she was in a "complicated" relationship, it was all really funny.

Might be fun for a group of us devoted Realms fans to do the same, playing various famous characters in a Facebook repartee.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  21:00:17  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt would feel too constrained by Twitter. He's definitely a blogger.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  21:03:18  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL!! You may be right, Ashe. Could definitely see Regis Twittering, though.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  00:26:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I imagine Drizzt would be an entire online multimedia experience -- DVDs with special codes that unlock content online, books, games, CDs, magazines... etc. Kind of like what LucasArts did with their Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed products. Saturate the market with Drizzt-related products.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  01:21:30  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I imagine Drizzt would be an entire online multimedia experience -- DVDs with special codes that unlock content online, books, games, CDs, magazines... etc. Kind of like what LucasArts did with their Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed products. Saturate the market with Drizzt-related products.

Yeah at least they haven't went crazy and did like 20 Drizzt novels

I don't twitter, but if I did who in the realms would have more fun content than Danilo?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  01:27:07  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't twitter, but if I did who in the realms would have more fun content than Danilo?

Volo might.

I think that Laeral or the Simbul's twitterfeed might be fun. "Red Wizards tried to breech the borders. AGAIN. I should put the leftovers where the next batch can find them. XD"

Rants and reviews that interest no one may be found here.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  06:13:12  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Liriel
Danilo Thann
Laeral
Elminster
Lhaeo
Manshoon
Szass Tam

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

D1Nonly
Acolyte

Norway
15 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  10:22:38  Show Profile  Visit D1Nonly's Homepage Send D1Nonly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha! thats a fun thought. well done, i laughed out loud :D
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  11:37:47  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL good one.

I would read his blogs.
And the nefarious schemes hinted at by Manshoon on his Twitter for sure.
Maybe the mad ramblings of Cyric.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

D1Nonly
Acolyte

Norway
15 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  17:49:41  Show Profile  Visit D1Nonly's Homepage Send D1Nonly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
at cyrics' current state i bet he would be updating alot about nothing
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  17:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D1Nonly

at cyrics' current state i bet he would be updating alot about nothing

Isn't that what most celebs really do anyways?

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Enwy
Acolyte

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  20:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Enwy's Homepage Send Enwy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would totally be following @Mask. <_<; If he could be arsed to tweet from his stolen futuristic technology, imagine the snark that would ensue.

Bran thought about it. "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"

"That is the only time a man can be brave," his father told him.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  23:29:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Telamont and Karsus. And most probably Volo.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  05:01:39  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon, before the creation of the multiple clones.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  05:12:28  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

quote:

I think that Laeral or the Simbul's twitterfeed might be fun. "Red Wizards tried to breech the borders. AGAIN. I should put the leftovers where the next batch can find them. XD"

Indeed.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000