Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Eye of the Beholder
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pdesbois
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2010 :  03:58:41  Show Profile  Visit pdesbois's Homepage Send pdesbois a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi there,

Even if you are not playing it now (how come!!!) or have played it like 10 years ago... I am curious: What is/was your EOB Party?
I loved the fact that you could carry your original EOB I party all the way to Dark Moon and Myth Drannor (well, I have not even finished DM, but plan to, coz I have them savegame files :)).
Anyway, if anyone still has in his memory, just bring in what you had. My party is like this:

1-Human Female Neutral Good Cleric
2-Human Male Lawful Neutral Mage
3-Elven Male Chaotic Good Ranger
4-Dwarven Male True Neutral Fighter/Thief

I've always been curious that apparently I was the only one to have a Ranger - even more, an Elven! - as the 'party damage dealer / tank'. Dwarven Fighters would rise faster in levels, have a lot more HP's and be resistant to poisons (oh, the dreadful Spiders from back then...), while Human Paladins would be wearing any Plate, have an aura vs Evil for the whole party plus cast a few beneficial low level Cleric spells. All excellent options.

But my reasoning for having the Elven Ranger was highest damage output. As you are there to seldom take damage and often deal it, I thought from the start that the no penalty-dual-wield would allow me to equip tah +5 Longsword and that +3 Short Sword with higher accuracy + being an Elf would give an additional +1 to both weapons (to hit for sure, to damage don't remember). I believe the Ranger retains the no-penalty wearing Chain, right? (Leather anyway).

The Dwarf Fighter/Thief wielded that horror-show Halberd ('Chieftain' I believe),wore Plate and so was an awesome front-ranker. In my game conception, you MUST have a Thief, and I am sure I entered a couple of good item areas just because I had him there.

So there you go for starters. Hell, I do not expect answers to such an old game, but feels good just writing about it.

"Ze VÖRLD ist changing..."

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  13:03:21  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Have finished the series for 7 times with different parties !!!and i have kept all the savegames!!These was the games that i first played in Forgotten Realms... And i love them....

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Silverblade The Enchanter
Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  02:39:03  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved that game to bits, it's why I got a computer ;) (Amiga)

Paladin
dwarf fighter/thief
elf mage
half-elf cleric

www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Spelljammer & Dark Sun art, and much more!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  13:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only ever played the first one (and beat it) and it was on the SNES. I don't remember much about my party other than I had a mage and a cleric in the back row, at least one dwarf npc, and definately a Paladin cause at a certain level he no longer needed to eat any rations, which was my pet peeve of the game lol.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  22:23:30  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had the Gameboy version, and I had a human pali, halfling thief, elf wizard, and a cleric (can't remember the race.) I also kept the drow you pick up in my party after I got him. Loved that game!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  12:28:04  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I had the Gameboy version, and I had a human pali, halfling thief, elf wizard, and a cleric (can't remember the race.) I also kept the drow you pick up in my party after I got him. Loved that game!

I have the gameboy version also but never got far in it. Might try to play that again.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000