Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Gaming Snacks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  06:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What is the favorite gaming snack of your table?

For my gamers, it tends to be something called "peachies"...little circular candy things that are entirely too sweet for my taste...

I like a bottle of Merlot and a whole box of Bavarian pretzels....gets the blood flowing just thinking of it!!!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  10:23:38  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have never played, but if i did, I would either eat a club sandwich with water, or if i was feeling decadent, some pringles and coke..

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  10:34:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ArionElenim said -
quote:
I like a bottle of Merlot and a whole box of Bavarian pretzels....gets the blood flowing just thinking of it!!!
I usually prefer Cormyrian Rice Wine (Edain knows what I am talking about ), or failing that, a nice cabernet red. I don't particularly like pretzels, so I would normally go with something that would complement the particular beverage I am drinking.

My absolute favorite gaming snack though would have to be a nice simple bowl of select fruits - oranges, pears, apples (both green and red), grapefruits, and banannas...and whatever else we can fit in that bowl.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  13:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lets see im on a hobbits eating time due to the lifting I do. So lets list what all I eat a lot during a good game, because i don't sticka round for the bad ones, I up and leave to go have a good meal and get some sleep heh.

The Peach-e "o"s Other wise known as the peach rings *listed above heh*
Dinner <--- When played at my house.
Sammiches <--- Spelled like a lil kid heh.
Popsickles.
Pizza!!!
Honey Mustard prets.
Combos ( the cheese kind, dont matter which, but pizza ones are nasty).
Pringles, the cheese type, or plain.
We once roasted a pig on a spit while we played a three day in a row game. It was good.
C. Milk.
Water.
KoolAid <---- Cause its the bomb.
Apple Juice <---- Again cause this is holy stuff.
151 Rum <--- On X-Mas night games.
Everclear <--- Games that involve my friend Doug.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  16:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All must say that if there is one snack that we all have had at some session, which is accepted as the universal meal of gammers.

Pizza-Dorritos-Mountain Dew

These are basic food stuffs for a game we can almost all agree on this

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  21:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Generally, I usually prefer a bag of Doritos, multiple cans of either Coca-Cola, Jolt Cola or Mountain Dew, and donuts.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  21:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doritos and dips always went down well, along with coke. Break would involve a chinese take-away or pizza.

Nowadays, id go for root beer (by the gallon!), probably a few glasses of baileys as the game goes on.......then a shot of two of absinth to finish the night (boy thatll finish the night off alright! )

Pizza is probably the easiest gaming meal (snacks aside) as you can continue gaming whilst holding a slice and munching

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 16 Oct 2003 21:51:17
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  21:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We usually prefer little breads filled with chopped meat or cheese. It is called pide in Turkish but there is no word in English for it.
It is cheap, easy to eat and you can eat it very fast.
But if it is not avaible Döner(meat roasted on a revolving vertical spit) is the best option.ıt can be found almost everywhere easily.
I prefer coke or ice tea to drink but I cannot say no to a free beer(a drunk dm, man this can be very disturbing)

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Blacksage
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  00:39:53  Show Profile  Visit Blacksage's Homepage Send Blacksage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best snack is free snack,
like your friends mothers cooking,
like your friends meal (stealing to sate your hunger must not be a crime :)).

If you can't find these try the cheap "pide".
I must add to jander's description;
pide is turkish lembas :)))
(or it feels like it, when you are hungry)
(if this "pide" propaganda is succesfull, i can make good profit
by expanding worldwide

till the daggers part...
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  00:52:52  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

All must say that if there is one snack that we all have had at some session, which is accepted as the universal meal of gammers.

Pizza-Dorritos-Mountain Dew

These are basic food stuffs for a game we can almost all agree on this

Thats pretty good but some people only drink Coca-cola,Dr.Pepper or Pepsi?Ahh,those were the best days nights of life.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 17 Oct 2003 00:54:06
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  00:53:46  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah lembas Turkish elves inveted it. Their extinction was very bad for our nation but there are romours that still some live it the forests of Belgrad and Star

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Blacksage
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  01:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Blacksage's Homepage Send Blacksage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

Yeah lembas Turkish elves inveted it. Their extinction was very bad for our nation but there are romours that still some live it the forests of Belgrad and Star

Rumour say that they were assimilated.
They are living among us with fake beards, mustaches and elvish prayer beads.
Some say they are the inventors of heel-press shoes.

till the daggers part...
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  01:34:53  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha
they even secretly took over the goverment and they are planning to overthrow our so called democrasy and replace it with their Corellon Larethian theocracy.
They are the cleansing blade of people I think, they really hate humans

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  05:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey hey...no Larethian-bashing in my presence, thank you....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Daryen
Acolyte

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  10:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Daryen's Homepage Send Daryen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the gaming snack I like the best, has actually wore off to my players as well!! now we all eat cashew nuts, have our own bottle of beverage (mine is sprite, others like coke or pepsi), and a huge bowl of popcorn and a pizza! the best a man can get!

You may believe there is a all good and loving god who tells you: love everyone, even your strongest enemies! bah! can the torn and bloody victim love the bloodspattered jaws that rend him limb from limb?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  10:38:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arivia said -
quote:
Generally, I usually prefer a bag of Doritos, multiple cans of either Coca-Cola, Jolt Cola or Mountain Dew, and donuts.
uhh......Being a programmer, I am all too familiar with the evils of 'Jolt Cola'...so many nights...

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  00:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a natural insomniac(24 hours of sleep in the past 144 hours), so the 150 ppm caffeine content doesn't really affect me.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  00:28:29  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you Ariva, I wouldn't want to sleep it is a waste of time but I like to sleep very much.
But if you want to sleep, a bottle of vodka will be usefull. But a terrible headache will be waiting you in morning.
Long live painkillers!

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  05:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holds up sign:"14-No alcohol"
There isn't any in my house anyway, knowing my mother, and I wouldn't know where to find it anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  05:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

uhh......Being a programmer, I am all too familiar with the evils of 'Jolt Cola'...so many nights...

I would have thought a magical programer such as yourself would be guzzling black moss tea . . . (And if you don't know what that is, shame on you.)

Myself, I would have as my junk foods of choice: Mountain Dew, Doritos (nacho flavor), pizza (solo pizza margarita, per favore -- that is, cheese only; and it has to be made well, not processed 7-11 fare), and fudge brownies with milk. Yum.

There are other things, depending on my mood of the day -- I'm highly elclectic in my tastes. Some are even good for me. But those are the core junk foods I'll pig out with on just about any day.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  05:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is black moss tea?*Ducks blow*I'm in training!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  08:12:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm said -
quote:
I would have thought a magical programer such as yourself would be guzzling black moss tea . . .
Actually no, I do not particularly like the taste .

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  23:54:00  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Holds up sign:"14-No alcohol"
There isn't any in my house anyway, knowing my mother, and I wouldn't know where to find it anyways.

Your not missing anything believe me.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  21:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree William.I was an example why alchol is bad. Before your body(it takes long time) your relations die.
So keep on wlking on the right path.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  02:22:05  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jundar,each to their own but if you will avoid some of these
things you will be in better health.The food we eat and air we breath is bad enough so why punish yourself.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  23:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Punishing or forgetting.
I used to think a lot about the world I m living in.My int wasn't able to give answers or create solutions.I wish I had time for cheerful laughter.But I wasted my time with eternal grief. Hopeless I suppose. Maybe I wasn't loved enough.
For u Arivia, u are too young to go insane. So there is no problem for you.
We better carry on, avoid bad habits and friends.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  03:29:31  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

Punishing or forgetting.
I used to think a lot about the world I m living in.My int wasn't able to give answers or create solutions.I wish I had time for cheerful laughter.But I wasted my time with eternal grief. Hopeless I suppose. Maybe I wasn't loved enough.
For u Arivia, u are too young to go insane. So there is no problem for you.
We better carry on, avoid bad habits and friends.

Hey if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on Arivia is
over there.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  06:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm willing to be a shoulder...
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  07:00:44  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to game with Sage!!!

Seems cool with the cabernet. Prolly my favourite after a Stein and I could totally go in for the sophisticated approach to gaming. On the other hand, some of the snacks mentioned seem wonderful.

The clincher would be if Sage had some sort of pipe weed (and no not that kind) to blow smoke rings into the evening with

As for the programming. Im surprised, programmers have this stigma of living off the coke/smoke combo...

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  07:09:28  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, I see a kindred spirit in Jander... yet... he stands upon another edge of the coin. Oh well, don't mind me, just more meaningless inane babble.

Snacks? Coke and Chips! YUM!!!..... NO NOT THAT KINDA COKE!!!!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  14:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are right Cardinal, maybe. Don't be evil though, resist temptation of money and power. Life is a challenge we have to accept. Life is a danger we have to dare. Life is a game we have to play. Life is a laughter we have to share.
My name is Jander, I m an alcholic and today is the first day of my remaining life.
Just kidding I m not that pathatic, yet

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000