Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 WotC Novel Survey
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  03:30:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This path has been walked many times before, I guess?

I don't see the problem, personally. It's like arguing endlessly whether a Roman campaign or a Viking campaign has better stories and characters. Whatever.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  03:57:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

This path has been walked many times before, I guess?

I don't see the problem, personally. It's like arguing endlessly whether a Roman campaign or a Viking campaign has better stories and characters. Whatever.

The problem isn't in the discussion, the problem is when people start being dismissive of other people's opinions. We've seen far too much of that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  05:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I for one will take grievous offense if my thread turns into a "true fan" debate thread.

As far as I'm concerned, we're ALL true fans, whether we love the 4e FR or stick to the old stuff or both.

As for me, speaking only for myself as I always do (though I think many of my fellow authors would likely agree), I'm going to go ahead and keep writing what I think is good and what I legitimately think people will enjoy to the best of my ability. And that's good enough for me.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 22 Oct 2010 05:55:29
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  07:19:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I'm going to go ahead and keep writing what I think is good and what I legitimately think people will enjoy to the best of my ability. And that's good enough for me.

Cheers

As are the other FR authors. And that's precisely one of the reasons the Realms is still ALIVE.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  16:41:24  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

As for me, speaking only for myself as I always do (though I think many of my fellow authors would likely agree), I'm going to go ahead and keep writing what I think is good and what I legitimately think people will enjoy to the best of my ability. And that's good enough for me.

Cheers

You better do that, or IŽll have to hop on a plane and force you to...

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000