Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 [Art] Dark Sun - Wasteland
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silverblade The Enchanter
Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  17:09:34  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
not been doing much art lately due ot health issues, but still doing some ;)

Dark Sun and Spelljammer are my faves, sorry Realmsians, when I do "generic" D&D it's usually "Realmsian" as I see the Realms as "normal D&D" if that makes sense?

anyway, new piece for Dark Sun

What matters Man, in the face of such barren majesty?

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/darksun/darksun_wasteland2.jpg

www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Spelljammer & Dark Sun art, and much more!

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  22:51:12  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what's that on the sun, crust?

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  01:35:36  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The surface of a star has many hot spots...older stars have more...I think that is how it goes. LOL

Sweet picture though! Very sweet indeed!

I don't know much about the planets, moons and etc. of Dark Sun...what are the two on the left?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  02:18:32  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kno,
Dark Sun's "sun" is meant ot be like that ;)
It's not just a "red Giant", it's been warped by several acts that "tapped" it's power, but screwed it up as a result
it looks more like lava than a normal sun and is enormous

If you check some of the 4th and 2nd ed official art you'll see what I mean :)

Dalor
thank you! :) *bows*

Athas has two moons: Ral and Guthay, one may have green vegetation and water on it, though for my art I just leave it dry ;)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  03:40:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it an impressive bit of artwork.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  04:09:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. I can definitely see myself using this imagery for my "eventual" DARK SUN campaign that I plan to run early next year, with the new 4e books supplementing material I've extensively drawn from the older 2e DS sources.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  13:52:56  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly Rupert, The Sage,
cheers guys! :)
one reason I do this kind of stuff is to inspire folk to play so it's great when folk use it as inspiration in their games :)

and to maybe nudge WOCT into making Dark Sun and SPelljammer (my other fave art setting) as campaign settings again
well, one done, one to go! ;)

oh another tweaked version, joy of digitla art is it's easier to fiddle around with it ;)

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/darksun/darksun_wasteland3.jpg

Edited by - Silverblade The Enchanter on 29 Sep 2010 13:53:53
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2010 :  15:46:08  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blimey. That captures the Athas Atmosphere perfectly. I'm definitely going to hang on to that one. Hats off.
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  04:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tharamarth,
cheers! :)
been working for years ot get good atmospheres/skies for Athas, as it' snot easy since it's so weird!

one day I'll put these atmospheres up as freebies for Vue, on my site i.e. the skies I've designed, as fee items for anyone who uses Vue to make 3D art, doen same for Bryce
this is a freebie Bryce sky I did for Dark Sun about 8 years ago (display thumbnail)
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/artofadreamer/bryce_skies/darksun.jpg

Bryce freebie skies and materials for anyone who uses it:
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/artofadreamer/htm/bryce_items.htm

:)

Go to Top of Page

Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  19:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yet another version, trying to get the olive green look of the sky as it's described in the novels etc :)

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/darksun/darksun_wasteland4.jpg

Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  06:09:09  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This'd be a great template for a (mis)adventure in the Calim or Anauroch deserts. Or really any desert setting. Excellent work, Silverblade.

Edited by - bladeinAmn on 04 Oct 2010 06:09:52
Go to Top of Page

Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  11:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bladeinAm,
*boiws* thank you :)
Anauroch has always seemed more interesting/eerie than Calimshan, IMHO

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  12:29:31  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This image has inspired some great new things for my home Dark Sun campaign. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000