Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Whale Bones?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  03:16:49  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, so I have found some old notes from a couple years ago about a Campaign i was going to run on the "Whale Bones" island chain...except, now I can't find out where that is? So, my question is...is this something I made up and shoved somewhere and didn't mark where, or is it something actually noted in a book? If it is, can anyone tell me the location of the bones/the page in the book? Thanks a ton!

"It means only one thing, and everything: Cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. THat is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. THere is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut." - Richard
"The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisevely, resolutely. Cut into his strength. FLow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  03:43:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaizokuVizard

Ok, so I have found some old notes from a couple years ago about a Campaign i was going to run on the "Whale Bones" island chain...except, now I can't find out where that is? So, my question is...is this something I made up and shoved somewhere and didn't mark where, or is it something actually noted in a book? If it is, can anyone tell me the location of the bones/the page in the book? Thanks a ton!

The Whalebones are indeed an official location within the Realms. Most of the more relevant [but brief] info on the islands can be found in FR5 The Savage Frontier [pg. 38] and The North boxed set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  03:51:27  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrm, of which I have neither...i don't think. I'll have to double check

"It means only one thing, and everything: Cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. THat is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. THere is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut." - Richard
"The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisevely, resolutely. Cut into his strength. FLow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  04:06:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaizokuVizard

Hrm, of which I have neither...i don't think. I'll have to double check

Considering the info on the Whalebones in FR5 amounts to little more than a paragraph, I may just be able to quote it here... paying particular attention to the dictates of the site's Code on Conduct when it comes to re-producing information from an officially published source.

Go to Top of Page

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  04:11:40  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The primary info I'm looking for is where they're located. Like, Moonshae? Next to Nelanther Isles?

Go to Top of Page

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  04:16:34  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, finally, looking on a map online it's noted on the Offical Faerun map...it's next to Ruathym, in the Sword Coast. Finally. Oh, if you can post the info, that'd be great Sage, if not, it's alright, I understand the rules :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  10:14:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's fine. And I've already quoted the page number earlier, so that's a satisfied condition also.

Go to Top of Page

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  17:53:59  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, thanks for the info :)

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  18:40:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very old map I had been working on

Thats mostly the official 3e map with canon locales pasted on (except for Arylon, which isn't canon). I have since corrected quite a bit of the terrain, but that map was never finished (and neither was that one I just posted).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

KaizokuVizard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  03:47:43  Show Profile  Visit KaizokuVizard's Homepage Send KaizokuVizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Map could be useful too, thanks for that, I'll put it in my notes folder

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  05:20:37  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my sig is a link that will lead you to a pdf of the North Box Set!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly