Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Downtime Imminent
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  17:18:21  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all

Just an advance warning that the site will be down for short periods (hopefully), over the next couple of days or so. This is for a server upgrade from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Enterprise Server (ooooohhh ).

Installation and configuration of the Web Server should only take a couple of hours but will require a number of reboots.

Apologies for an inconvenience, hopefully it wont cause too much disruption, please bear with it if it does.

Thanks

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  14:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Alas, a forewarning has been given to me to pass on to fellow Scribes at Candlekeep.....

The gates of the library will be closed temporarily on 9th Jan at approximately 07:00GMT and will remain closed for around 36 hours. Should yet more time pass and the gates still be locked, panic not.....for we shalt be panicking enough to cover everybody!

Forsooth, im sure you all have plenty tomes to be researching until the gates are reopened!

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 31 Dec 2003 14:08:02
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  01:27:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed .

Thank you for the warning wise Alaundo...I'm sure all of the collected scribes here in the library greatly appreciate all the hard work and effort from all of the staff of Candlekeep, in continually maintaining this valuable bastion of Realmslore.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 02 Jan 2004 01:30:02
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  08:05:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahhh, thank ye for the kind words Sage, although 'tis truly other scribes such as yourself who are the true maintainers of Candlekeep....without thee, 'twould be merely an empty hall of musty old tomes and scro...........erm, what am I saying?!

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 02 Jan 2004 08:05:50
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  05:41:34  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there is anything we can do, or at least that I can do, please let me know!

And good luck with the move, here's hoping it all goes smoothly

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  10:21:37  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks for the warning. It's much better to hear it from the powers that be before it happens than to try and log onto the site one day and it's not there!
Take as much time as needed also guys. I can handle being without access for a few days knowing that the site will be better once it's back up.
Here's to a hassle free move!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  04:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though it pains me to see the Halls closed, I'm sure when they open it will all be worth it. And as Yasraena said "I can handle being without access for a few days knowing that the site will be better once it's back up." Alaundo, do you know what 7:00GMT is equal to in U.S. Eastern Time? Not that I'm lazy or anything, well, maybe I am, lol, but I'm just asking. If its too much of an inconvienicence don't bother to reply.

-The Shadowlord

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  08:58:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Though it pains me to see the Halls closed, I'm sure when they open it will all be worth it. And as Yasraena said "I can handle being without access for a few days knowing that the site will be better once it's back up." Alaundo, do you know what 7:00GMT is equal to in U.S. Eastern Time? Not that I'm lazy or anything, well, maybe I am, lol, but I'm just asking. If its too much of an inconvienicence don't bother to reply.

-The Shadowlord

Well met

Damn Neverwinter waterclocks were never a favorite of mine....far too unreliable!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  09:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 AM EST, Shadowlord.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  21:54:25  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, thank you Arivia. Well, I won't have to worry about logging on then Alaundo, I bought one of those Neverwinter clocks, and could never even get the damn thing set properly. I understand completely

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  07:22:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Alas, just a reminder that the gates to the library will be closing within the next 30 minutes.....so could all scribes currently at their desks place down their quills and depart from the library.

...and anyone drinkin ale in the inn at this ungodly hour should also begin to 'sup up'

Candlekeep will hopefully (assuming the gremlin infestation has been handled this time) be reopened back to normal in around 36 hours.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  07:29:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::"Confound it" replies the Sage after reading Alaundo's printed message-scroll.

Placing his rare cockatrice quill down on the left side of his desk, the Sage slowly rises from behind the ornate table. Looking disappointedly down at his latest addition to his Travelogue, he hopes the disruption to his work will not be for long.

Closing the chamber door behind him, the Sage exits the halls of Candlekeep...
::

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2004 :  11:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::grunt:: Heeeeeeeeeaave ::grunt::

Phew! Ahhhh, Well met Scribes

Once again the gates to the library are....finally.....reopened.

Apologies for the lengthy period in which they were closed.....still, no time for idle chat....youve a lot of work to be catching up on

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2004 :  14:20:57  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I haven't mocked anyone for days and days!
I can't wait to find someone to taunt!

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2004 :  20:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I know of a likely candidate, Mr. Lee. Here, look in this scrying glass.

Bookwyrm hands Mr. Lee an ordinary mirror.::

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2004 :  00:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Apologies for the lengthy period in which they were closed.....still, no time for idle chat....youve a lot of work to be catching up on

True, very true, Alaundo. Still, it is good to have the gates open again. I was beginning to worry I might have to begin sending in work by raven...
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2004 :  04:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quote by Bookwyrm:

Ouch, thats cold Bookwyrm, and I'm trying to promote my website, would you care to take a look and offer your opinion? Any feedback would be welcome. The site is still under construction but enough of it is done so that you can formulate an opinion. In case you havent noticed, the link is located in my signature.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun

Edited by - Shadowlord on 13 Jan 2004 04:21:53
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2004 :  11:45:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Indeed, you are correct most humble and wise Alaundo...

The 'Great Work' here at Candlekeep, continues...

Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2004 :  13:09:18  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

It takes a minute before he finds out what this strange device is .... "Haha! Poked you in the eye!" Lee squeals exitedly while indeed poking himself in the midst of his eyeball. "Ouch! That hurts!" "I will get you back for this, Dragon!! ....
DRAGON!?!? AAAAH!!!"
Runs out the door, and hides in behind a a large pine tree out in the grounds, muttering madly "How did a DRAGON get inside here?"

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.

Edited by - mr.lee on 13 Jan 2004 13:16:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000