Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Mistress of the Shadow Weave
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  06:40:23  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Leira was betrayed by Mask, and slain by Cyric. That is what the religious writings say; except for the church of Leira. Those that lie perhaps are best at perceiving truth.

When Godsbane struck Leira down, it (Mask) did not absorb Leira's soul. Mask was not fully comfortably betraying Leira, some attribute it to romance but the truth most likely will never be known. Though as far as Mask knew, godsbane did indeed slay Leira, Mask allowed her soul to freely travel to the Astral plane. He later searched for her divine corpse, yet he could never find it. The reason of course was Leira's last act of deception. While Cyric thought Leira's soul destroyed, and Mask thought her floating in the silvery void of the Astral plane, Leira in truth hid within the shadow weave. She was content to allow both Mask and Cyric to believe their respective untruths.

Leira knew the game was lost and freely gave her divinity, but this may have just been an illusion. Leira's divine essence fled, and found succor hidden within the Shadow Weave. The Mistress of Mists deceived even the Mistress of the Shadow Weave, for she never realized Leira was lying within the mesh.

Leira learned how to use the Shadow Weave independent of Shar. When the citizens of Samarach prayed for help she heard their prayers but did not have the power to answer their prayers directly. She was able to manipulate the Shadow weave, and so gave her faithful in Samarach the power to manipulate shadow magic, by altering the weave over that nation. Shar was able to cut them off it was true, but always Leira would manipulate the shadow weave with divine deception.

When Cyric's plan of revenge, and Shar's plan of ambition was foiled by Tyr, Kelemvor, and Bane, Cyric destroyed himself in insane divine fury. Dweomerheart was destroyed, Mystra was teleported by Shaundakul, and all the surviving gods were ejected into the astral plane. The Shadow Weave and the Weave both started to unravel, yet Mystra still conscious, though teleported out of Dweomerheart, was able to grab the strands and prevent another incident like Karsus' Avatar in the Year of Sundered Webs. The Shadow Weave collapsed, and Shar floating in the Astral Plane unconcious, was unable to save the Shadow Weave from sundering. The unraveling was temporary; Shadow Magic went dead for a few minutes but soon all was restored. Though, Shar was floating unconscious in the Astral, the Shadow Weave was saved.

Cyric destroyed himself, and his portfolios were all released. Leira who existed in the Shadow Weave recovered her old portfolios of Deception, Lies, and Illusion. When her full power was restored moments later, she mended the sundering, and fixed the Shadow Weave.

When Shar recovered, she realized her creation was no longer under her control. The loss made her furious, and she immediately sought out Leira to take the Shadow Weave back. Though Shar lost much of her power, Leira was still no match for her.

Shar confronted Leira in the Plane of Limbo, Leira stood her ground, but was no match for Shar. Shar was about to recover the Shadow Weave, when Mystra appeared. Mystra was furious about Shar's attempt to seize the weave, and immediately demanded her surrender. Shar refused, but now, Shar was no match for the might of the Greater Goddess Mystra. Mystra struck her down, and seized the shadow weave as her own, sealing herself as the goddess of all magic.

Mystra revived Leira, and captured Shar so that she may answer for her crimes. Mystra, fully in control of the Shadow Weave, offered Leira a place in her new house. In exchange for her service, Mystra offered her stewardship of the Shadow Weave. Leira accepted, and agreed to become Mystra's steward.

Leira's temples have re-established themselves in the last 15 years. The loss of Leira caused an upset, but the length of her disappearance was short enough that her church could easily recover. Her former worshipers swarmed back to her, and she gained those illusionists that followed Azuth. The Lady of the Mists suffered from a setback, but her divinity is now as powerful as ever it was.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Edited by - Mournblade on 22 Aug 2010 03:17:04

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  17:30:15  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again Mournblade you raise lore to a new level. You have just one problem........ Can you keep it up? ...... I believe you can!

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  19:11:49  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frogglegg! I might have a bit more for fixing the pantheon, but Other than the trial of Shar, most of that has come to an end.

I am not sure if I want to stick with bringing Abadar into my realms game or not. I have to figure out how much I am attached to Waukeen.

Zon Kuthon I made a demi god, a follower of Loviatar. He was once the High Patriarch of Ilmater, that prayed to Loviatar for guidance when he was being tortured by enemies.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
572 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  01:32:10  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds pretty good overall, but my only discrepancy is such: The text is so large, it actually rather hurts my head trying to read it.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 22 Aug 2010 01:32:24
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  02:26:39  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More excellent work, Mournblade! I suppose I'll have to get busy on my own Realms reboot and timeline-advancement-redo that I've recently begun... but I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

glitter
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2010 :  10:52:46  Show Profile Send glitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade
Mystra revived Leira, and captured Shar so that she may answer for her crimes. Mystra, fully in control of the Shadow Weave, offered Leira a place in her new house. In exchange for her service, Mystra offered her stewardship of the Shadow Weave. Leira accepted, and agreed to become Mystra's steward.

Just a question about that. In the 3.xl Forgotten Realms handbook, isn't it written that Leira let a "trap" on Faerun, something that could be so powerful that no new invention would be possible ? I thing that this details shouldn't be appreciate by Mystra.

(sorry, I don't have the book with me right now, I don't have more accurate information)

-The black knight is invincible!
- You’re a looney.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2010 :  15:24:22  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just gotta know... What is "Godsbane?"
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2010 :  15:36:56  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

I just gotta know... What is "Godsbane?"

Godsbane was an avatar of Mask, where he appeared as an intelligent sword to be wielded by Cyric, allowing Cyric to be able to kill gods and 'step-up'.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000