Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Some ridiculously un-canon Realmswork
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2012 :  18:59:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AbracaJorkens! *resurrects thread*

I just found this fabulous collection of ideas, while searching for mentions of shanat (a futile endeavor, since every post with Shanatar or Ashanath comes up too) and there's too much to read in one sitting while holding my previous task in mind but I was going to ask if you were still working on this... until your last post. So instead I'll ask: have you changed your mind and returned to working on this?
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  07:37:50  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the compliment.

Quite honestly I cant say for sure. It irritates me a bit that I quit (not as much as it annoys me that I never finished the Birds of Faerun, but still), but its just been to hectic in addition to just feeling it was a bit pointless to do in the first place. I just started it because I was pretty angry at a few things here at Candlekeep at that time. I don't really follow Candlekeep that closely any more, so I had some plans about maybe continuing it on the Piazza forums, but I am a bit weary because a complete rewrite of the Realms might get the site in trouble (I am a bit paranoid about this, but I more or less figured that it was safer here at Candlekeep as I would quickly get a message to stop).

So it doesn't seem like I will do anything in the nearest future, especially as have been busy with goofing around a homebrew world on the Piazza, but it might happen at one point.

No Canon, more stories, more Realms.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  17:03:58  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. I'm somewhat less concerned about backlash from WotC over what we do here, but I can understand your hesitation. I've often thought it wiser to apply my creativity toward writing my own publishable world rather than repealing the undesirable developments in the Realms, but... it seems I just like the Realms too much to focus on anything else for long.

Best of luck with your new projects. And thanks for what you've shared here. I'll be among those hoping to see more, some time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000