Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Free dowloads
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  21:54:57  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First I maked a dowload of a Maztica Caimpaingn set, after the Al Qadim, after Lands of Intrigue, in a few time I maked dowloads of a lot of books of second edition FR, they aren't a third edition's books, but they are FREE! I've a "book of conversion second to third edition" but, it doesn't like a third edition's book, I ask to Wizard the coast, did the old books have new versions?
What do you think about this?
I'm learning english, sorry if I maked some error...

"Gods protect children and drunks"

Edited by - Zimeros on 26 Sep 2003 22:01:26

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  02:15:09  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I understand but are you saying that you downloaded 2e
FR e-books that were free and upgraded them to 3e but they aren't the
same as 3e or there was an error with the 3e upgrade? Keep trying,
someone,if not myself will figure it out.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  09:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's my thoughts:
We know that Zimeros downloaded the free FR e-books from Wizards' website. There is a conversion manual for converting 2e to 3e on the CD that came with the 3.0 Player's Handbook. It's the sentence after that that is confusing, "it doesn't like a third edition's book". What is this sentence referencing, Zimeros? Sorry if I confused you...
In response to your actual question, no, these books do not have new versions. The various 3e supplements produced so far have done a good job on the conversion, but there is still much more crunch(for lack of a better word)to be converted...
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  15:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right, I want new books of third edition, Maztica for ex., I think it's a wonderfull expansion, but I think it never will exist in a third edition. I really hope that WotC will create any version of the old books to new edition of D&D.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  15:43:11  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously Wizards is not going to make new editions of 200+ sourcebooks, since it would be (1) less profitable than new books and (2) completely pointless, since those books are available, and 3Eized versions would have, if anything, less content to make room for roolz toys.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  00:29:01  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Obviously Wizards is not going to make new editions of 200+ sourcebooks, since it would be (1) less profitable than new books and (2) completely pointless, since those books are available, and 3Eized versions would have, if anything, less content to make room for roolz toys.

Very good points...I wouldn't buy them if they did make all new and as
you pointed out in #1 most people wouldn't = less profit.I do like the
downloads! I think you may have been the one to suggest the ebooks to
me from SVgames.They aren't free but cheaper than buying a used copy
+ shipping charges.Then burn them to a disk.Looks like someone would
sell them on cd or dvd though.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  16:18:18  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I understand what you don't understand in my words, I'm sorry, when I said "it doesn't like third edition books" I want to say "it isn't like third edition books". I'm sorry, some day I will speak english correctly...

Edited by - Zimeros on 30 Sep 2003 22:06:18
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  16:38:48  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey,don't worry about it!!I think you are doing great!!!
I can't speak or write any language other that english and I really
should do a better job with it, since it is my 1st. Language.
I know a few words in Spanish but none In Portuguese!
You try and thats all that matter!!!!

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 01 Oct 2003 00:26:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000