Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 "Original?" Book of Villains/Heroes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  06:46:29  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok...way back when there was a book that had TONS of pregenerated 1st Edition characters in it...TONS!

Also, in the back, there were several cool characters given a larger write-up...I only remember two of them. One was a reincarnated Lizard Man that had formerly been a warrior, and the other was an Assassin who kept magical rings held fast by chains in a wrist-guard contraption that allowed him to quickly slip one ring on and put the other away.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Can anyone give me a name, product number or anything so I can look this thing up and maybe buy it?

Was it called Rogues Gallery?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 31 Jul 2010 06:48:42

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  07:02:49  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you thinking of the original Lords of Darkness (TSR 9240)?

Edit: AH-HAA! The Rogues Gallery, TSR 9031. It's the book that includes all the PCs that were run by Gary Gygax, David Cook, et al.

DOUBLE EDIT: HURRY! That eBay auction ends in just under 12 hours!!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 31 Jul 2010 07:08:31
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  07:09:45  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, thanks!

I'm on it!

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  11:55:16  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Edit: AH-HAA! The Rogues Gallery, TSR 9031. It's the book that includes all the PCs that were run by Gary Gygax, David Cook, et al.

I seem to remember reading a comment from Gary that his characters and some others were made up from scratch though, as they refused to give their character sheets to the Blooms or something like that. But for the life of me I cant find the quote right now. Any one else remember seeing this?

And PS. stay away from the 2nd ed. Rogues Gallery as it one of the more useless products I have seen.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  17:11:35  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't touch the 2nd Ed of Rogues Gallery with a ten foot dragon's horn.

That is why I was having trouble remembering if the 1st Ed. version actually had that name...

I've bid on the one Ashe linked. It has tape on the edges and such; but I'm only after the information; not how pretty the book is. With just over an hour to go, I'm the only bidder...hopefully I won't get outbid at the last moment.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  18:37:45  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got it, $2.49 U.S.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  14:02:54  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

I wouldn't touch the 2nd Ed of Rogues Gallery with a ten foot dragon's horn.

I usually try not to criticize published products to much, but that one I cant understand how made it into print. The only thing I liked about it was the cover and that was a reuse of the one for Needle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000