Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 New AD&D clone.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ateth Istarlin
Seeker

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  12:33:02  Show Profile Send Ateth Istarlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone else heard anything about a new 2ndAD&D "clone" from New Haven Games called "Myth & Magic"

I remember reading something about it on Dragonsfoot - But I'm in work & our system blocks Dragonfoot (as a gambling site!).

The more I read about 4FR, the more depressed I am.
Politician - An elected official who tries to be all things to all people, while always looking out for his/her own interests first.

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  14:56:02  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They released a Starter Kit for Myth & Magic for members of the community. They call it an update and slight expansion. It seems to be going over well with those who have tried it.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  18:27:02  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also the OSRIC game that is fully useful with 1st Ed. AD&D too.

I love these sorts of things...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dreyrugrulfr
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2010 :  17:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Dreyrugrulfr's Homepage Send Dreyrugrulfr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just took a look-over of Myth & Magic. It sure seems to borrow a lot from 3rd, but also from 1st! (Assassination anyone?) I like the idea of allowing Priests and Mages to get spells back with re-memorization, as the penalties are fairly harsh but potentially make low level casters much more viable. That said, I've never been at a loss for what to do when I run out of my one spell; start hurling daggers!

I will probably pick up the book to incorporate some of the rules when it comes out, but we'll likely stick to basic 2E with the usual slew of house rules.

No man is so good as to be free from all evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2010 :  01:25:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If Dungeons & Dragons is shortened to D&D, then Myth & Magic is M&M!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2010 :  10:44:35  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dreyrugrulfr

I just took a look-over of Myth & Magic. It sure seems to borrow a lot from 3rd...

That doesn't sound so promising, what parts are rewritten/changed?

Anyway, I have more than enough 2nd edition books, so the rules in themselves have limited appeal. But it would be interesting to see if any future products were compatible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000