Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cormyr Adventuring Charter Layout
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2010 :  20:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, for my forthcoming game, I'm hoping to make up an adventuring charter for my PC's to have and use, and I'm curious as to what sort of things one would expect on it. Seals of the Throne, signatures from local officials? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2010 :  20:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the charter I used for my Cormyr game. I got some of the wording from another scribe in another scroll on one of these shelves.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 15 Jul 2010 20:24:36
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2010 :  12:42:44  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Here is the charter I used for my Cormyr game. I got some of the wording from another scribe in another scroll on one of these shelves.

Thanks for providing this for everyone. This is so much better than any I ever devised.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2010 :  16:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wish I could remember which scribe did most of the work, so they could get credit. I mainly just formatted the text and created a pdf document out of it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  17:31:03  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the charter from the current game I am running.

Most of the wording was worked out using the information in this scroll.

The seal at the bottom was just some jpg I pulled off a google image search. It turns out that wax seal clip art is surprisingly hard to find (for free). I can send it over to you if you'd like. As for the font, it is Lucidia Calligraphy. I think it came with Open Office since I don't remember downloading it specifically. Aside from the fonts found here on Candlekeep (in Alaundo's Library) I've also found that The Cumberland Fontworks has some rather nice, free fonts available to use.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000