Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Another casting call for a live-action FR film
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  01:31:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Matthew Goode as Khelben...In Leap Year (not so in Chasing Liberty) he looks like Khelben.

I always thought Goode had a certain Khelben-vibe to his character as Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias in the Watchmen film.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  01:42:52  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

If you mean Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess, then that actress's name is Hudson Leick. If you mean the Marvel Comics character that appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand, you mean Dania Ramirez.
Since I was discussing PotC actors, I thought it would be rather obvious who I meant - although I msspelled it.

Calypso - in her human form she was known as Tia Dalma - she would make a very cool Qilue.

And since we are looking for actors with some SciFy/Fantasy chops - the two actors from the Higlanders series/movies...

Christopher Lambert
Adrian Paul

Don't know where to use them - they'd both make rather cool Elves or Drow.

Christopher Lambert - Kane
Adrian Paul - Gareth Dragonsbane

'nuff said.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  02:09:33  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]

Christopher Lambert
Adrian Paul

Don't know where to use them - they'd both make rather cool Elves or Drow.

Christopher Lambert - Kane
Adrian Paul - Gareth Dragonsbane

'nuff said.
[/quote]
I like CL as Kane, but Gareth is blonde. Adrian Paul would be perfect for Riordan Parnell.
Frankly, I like Daniel Craig as Gareth.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 15 Jun 2010 02:11:15
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  02:15:19  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Matthew Goode as Khelben...In Leap Year (not so in Chasing Liberty) he looks like Khelben.

I always thought Goode had a certain Khelben-vibe to his character as Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias in the Watchmen film.

Didn't watch that movie. I'm not really a fan of visionary films. Nightwatch and Daywatch frustrated me, and my friends who watched it told me Watchmen would do the same to me.

I checked Matthew's pics in the movie, and yes, I agree, he does look like Khelben there.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  06:20:53  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tom Cruise as an Elven bard who likes jumping on couches and prancing about in his small clothes?
<chop>

Nah... Tom Cruise as Regis.

On a related note... yes, it's typecasting, but I like John Rhys-Davies for Bruenor.

Wulfgar... hrm...

And really, after thinking about it, Vin Diesel would have to be Erevis Cale. No argument against his other suggested roles; I just think he'd be perfect as Cale.

Or... Vin Diesel as Wulfgar, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Cale...

I'll second Markustay's nomination of Jack Nicholson as Halaster.

Sean Bean as Lord Aumry... other than Sharpe, his characters always seem to die early anyway...

Christopher Lee would be awesome as Manshoon... and I think that's all I've got for the moment.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 15 Jun 2010 06:35:45
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  11:19:33  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woody Allen as Garl Glittergold

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  12:32:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I agree with Red Walker and those who say that Kate Beckinsale should play Alassra. Just perfect!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  12:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David Warner to play ANY bad guy in the FR campaign history.

For those that don't know him, he's the guy who did the voice acting for Jon Irneicus in BG2 and he is an absolutely brilliant actor!

Going out on a limb here: Olga Kurylenko to play Qilue. Strong and sexy and with that Drow look...brrrrr she'd be smokin' hot!

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Talwyn on 15 Jun 2010 12:41:35
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  16:57:22  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wulfgar should be played by Vladmir Kulich -

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474520/

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  17:06:32  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Val Kilmer could play Eliath Craulnober! Or maybe Zaknafein....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  18:15:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Wulfgar should be played by Vladmir Kulich -

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474520/

Depends on the year - that guy is kinda middle-ages looking.

IF they ever did do a movie, it would almost definately be a Drizzt movie, which means they would probably start with the earlier novels, maybe even The Crystal Shard.

Which means we need someone to play Akar Kessel - probably half the actors on our list would work; anyone who could play a wizard and a jerk. I could throw a new name out there - i think Jimmy Smits has both the talent and the look.

Hmmm... looking at that pic, I think he'd make a great Khelben as well.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  21:15:25  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... Jimmy Smits is the last name that would have popped into my head, but is just about perfect for Khel.
Speaking of Crystal Shard characters, I think that Akar Kessel has to be Steve Buscemi.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  21:22:26  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG Steve Buscemi!!!

How could I/we have forgotten HIM?

He'd even make an amazing Halaster... or half a dozen other bizarre realms characters.

I also think the two 'Highlander guys' I mentioned earlier would both make great finder Wyvernspurs.

Or better yet, let the older guy play Finder and Adrian play Giogioni - that ought to pull in that IP's fanbase for our movie.

Edit: Nvmd - both are good Finders, but even Adrian is too old for Giogioni - how about Shia LeBouf for that part? He's young and quirky enough, and he's been with robots and a demon-hunter, so he has the chops.

Edit2: And now that i'm thinking about him, the girl who played his sister in Even Stevens - Christy Carlson Romano - has the right look (and body) for an Elf or half-elf.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Jun 2010 22:33:26
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  21:47:36  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for Wulfgar, there is one and only one choice: TECHNOVIKING

Also, how about Chris Cooper as Cassius?

On an unrelated note, I think Anne Hathaway would make an excellent Syrumstar (or other elf/half elf).

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 15 Jun 2010 21:59:01
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  22:34:54  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

As for Wulfgar, there is one and only one choice: TECHNOVIKING

Also, how about Chris Cooper as Cassius?

On an unrelated note, I think Anne Hathaway would make an excellent Syrumstar (or other elf/half elf).

Technoviking! That's one trippy dude.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  01:04:26  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<snip>How about Christian Bale for Erevis Cale?

Vin Diesal is all wrong for Manshoon - a Wizard is basicaly a weakling in a dress. That's why they learn magic - to keep the other kids from taking their lunch money.

Christian Bale could work for Cale... but I'm still liking Vin Deisel for that role. Although... mentioning Christian Bale makes me think of Reign of Fire... and Matthew McConaughey demonstrates in that flick that he could do a good job of Cale as well...

I'm thinking that Christian Bale would be great as Florin Falconhand... but maybe that's just me. Other thoughts?

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 16 Jun 2010 01:04:47
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  01:53:52  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sean Bean would be my first choice for Florin: With Scarlett Johansson as Dove.

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 16 Jun 2010 02:09:37
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  06:50:51  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, KotG... not sure that Sean's tall enough to be Florin... but Viggo Mortensen comes to my mind for the role now that I'm thinking about LotR actors...

However, your choice for Wulfgar is brilliant! I missed that earlier. And no argument from me against Scarlett as Dove.

Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  10:06:09  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think:

Ian Mckellen: Elminster
Chris Walken: Halaster Blackcloak
Robert Downey Jr.: Khelben Blackstaff
Bill Nighy: Gromph Baenre

And the movie shall be titled: Four Archmages walk into a pub.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  16:12:44  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ian Mckellen as El? Brilliant!! And yeah, Walken is perfect for Halaster. Downey could DEFINATELY be Khelben- actually, I like ALL your choices, Sylrae.

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  16:42:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow... Jimmy Smits is the last name that would have popped into my head, but is just about perfect for Khel.
Speaking of Crystal Shard characters, I think that Akar Kessel has to be Steve Buscemi.

I think Steve Buschemi should be one of the Harpells! Along with Rob Schnider and Micheal Cera.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  19:49:41  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, definitely a Harpel! Harkel, is my guess. Shnider would be great, too. Don't know Cera. But I bet micahel Chickliss(sp?) would be great as Dorn Greybrook.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  19:59:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think Steve Buschemi should be one of the Harpells! Along with Rob Schnider and Micheal Cera.

NICE

Robin Williams, Howie Mandel, and Alec Baldwin all as older Harpels.

If you haven't seen Mr. Baldwin be zany, you should watch some of his Saturday Night Live sketches. His 'Shweaty Balls' Christmas sketch is probably only out-done by Christopher Walken's 'Cow Bell' - true classics.

Hmmmm... Walken would make a great Harpel as well...

We have any part for Jack Black? A bit young for Volo and certainly too young for Mirt (plus he no-longer has quite the girth he used to).

Dione Warwick as a Drow High Priestess - the Psychic Friends Network is really just a front for her channeling Lolth.

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Jun 2010 20:00:49
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  21:22:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

NICE

If you haven't seen Mr. Baldwin be zany, you should watch some of his Saturday Night Live sketches. His 'Shweaty Balls' Christmas sketch is probably only out-done by Christopher Walken's 'Cow Bell' - true classics.

We have any part for Jack Black? A bit young for Volo and certainly too young for Mirt (plus he no-longer has quite the girth he used to).

Dione Warwick as a Drow High Priestess - the Psychic Friends Network is really just a front for her channeling Lolth.

All the Baldwin bros could be Harpells....they are all nutso.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  21:22:30  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

NICE

All the Baldwin bros could be Harpells....they are all nutso.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  23:04:17  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I could maybe even see Robin Williams as El. He does serious, too, don't forget! And his sense of humor would do the Sage proud! Jack Black.... Danilo? He might have to work out a little to tone up for it, but I could see it.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  02:19:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking maybe Tom Hanks possibly as El - he's done wacky and he's done dead serious, but even with the list we got going here I think he might be a bit too over-used.

Sometimes lesser-known actors and actresses help immerse people in a movie - big names sometimes detract from your suspension of disbelief.

Brad Pitt as Florin.

Winona Ryder as The Shadowsil (maybe Shannen Doherty... she's pretty hateful but still good-looking).

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Jun 2010 02:26:18
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  02:51:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No no no! No Rob Schneider! Putting him in a movie guarantees I won't be in the theater.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  02:52:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We need a role for Samuel L Jackson, too.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  03:12:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

No no no! No Rob Schneider! Putting him in a movie guarantees I won't be in the theater.
Agreed. He even managed to make the already awful Judge Dredd film, even worse.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000