Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Second Darkness (Pathfinder) for FR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2010 :  10:17:22  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A short list I used for my own game to convert the Pathfinder-Adventure-Path 'Second Darkness' for the Forgotten Realms.
I played it after the Elven Crusade retook/built Myth Drannor/Cormanthor, but it will work in the 4ed as well.

Second Darkness for the Forgotten Realms

Shadow in the Sky
Riddelport / Waterdeep
Gold Goblin Gambling Hall / Gentle Mermaid Gambling Hall
Cyphergate / Aboleth artifact from Umberlee’s Cache?
The Star / one of Selûne’s Tears

Children of the Void
Creatures of the star / Spelljammer creatures

The Armageddon Echo
Celwynvian / Myth Glaurach
Mierani Forest /High Forest
Armageddon Echo / the mystical, time-magic related place within the Star Mounts of the High Forest
Crying Leaf / Elven Settlement at the border of the High Forest

Endless Night
Zirnakaynin / Menzoberranzan

A Memory of Darkness
Kyonin /Cormanthor
Iadara / Myth Drannor (this is the Myth Drannor after the Elven Crusade)
Winter Council / Eldreth Veluuthra
Allevrah Azrinae/ a Fey’ri ?
Treerazer /Aspect of Moander

Descent into Midnight
Land of Black Blood / Place within the Lower Dark
Starfall / War between Primordials and Gods: Asgoroth the World-Shaper’s moon /the Twelve Nights of Fire*
*Five millennia after the arrival of the first elf of Elven
Court. A star fell from the heavens, tearing across the sky and
crashing upon the center of Uvaeren.s settlements and librariums.
The falling star brought with it a widespread meteor
shower, all of which set the trees of western Arcorar aflame
for twelve days. The fires decimated the western forest, splitting
Rystall Wood from Arcorar and clearing a wide gash into
the main forest along the direction of the meteor. Between
the impact crater and the fires, the Lorelands of Uvaeren
were destroyed beyond repair. About one-quarter of its
people survived and later migrated either to Jhyrennstar or Semberholme
Maybe the destruction was no accident and was brought about by the aboleths? Against the local Keeper’s of the Cerulean Sign?

Azlant / Uvaeren

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2010 :  16:52:39  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the last few months we played the Burnt Offerings (from the Rise of the Runelords AP) around 200 DR in the Western Heartlands and the North. I merged Varisia and the Sword Coast, kicked out the disliked parts from both worlds.

Riddleport is similar to Luskan, tough I kept them both, Riddleport being north of Tavaray at that time. If I remember there is the Gold Goblin in Arabel too, but that would fit for Riddleport only during the Gondegal times.

The Star Mounts are a good choice for chronomancy in the Armageddon Echo.

Uvaeren is also a nice idea if you don't want to stray from canon a lot, another option is the rock that made the Sea of Fallen Stars, there is an also a sunken civilization around the Shipgrave Isles in Halruaa. My version of Azlant was destroyed during the Sunderings, and one of the remnants are the Moonshaes. The survivors were the people of Talfir and Taldor (who later became the Tethirians). Varisians are the Gurs. The Kellid are in Anauroch wastelands, they are related to Talfir and are like Howard's Cimmerians. The Shoanti are a mix of Talfir/Taldan, Rus, Mir and Calishite peoples.

The Mierani forest is an extension of Iliyanbruen (the Neverwinter woods today).

I used homebrew gods, but most gods are easily adaptable, Desna (Varisian/Gur name)-Selune, Abadar-Waukeen, Gozreh-Silvanus, Shelyn-Sune, Sarenrae-Lathander, Erastil-Malar/Herne, Gorum-Tempus, Torag-Moradin etc.

The Thassilonian (renamed Thulsa, the seven colonies of the Collosal Kingdom) ruins are placed all over, Darchar was Haruka, Grunfesting Gastash, Shalast was named Hertegul (from Giantcraft), Cyrusian Rangfjell.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000