Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventure/Campaign Ideas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  16:43:46  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a thread collating adventure/campaign ideas? Can't see that there is one but just wondered if anything like this had been suggested before? Anything from a brief synopsis to something more detailed would be fun, and could serve as inspiration for those looking for some.

I'll get the ball rolling. I was re-reading an old issue of Dragon (Issue 312) and was reading about a demon lord presented in it Turaglas, The Ebon Maw, The Hunger Eternal, The Insatiable, The Devourer. It got me to thinking how you could plant him in the realms, as he struck me as being cool. For whatever reason he reminded me of Moander in his aspect as the Jawed God, and his form as Abomination the avatar was similar to the Turaglas' gigantic many mouthed form. Apparently he is stuck in-between planes. Well what if his prison was in-between the Prime Material Plane and the Astral Plane, and from a Planar perspective just so happened to be adjacent to remnants of Moander's corpse adrift on the Astral Plane. Apparently there is an infinitesimal sliver of Moander's divinity still residing in his corpse. What if a Moander cultists in there attempts to awaken/revive their dead god, rattle the chains so to speak of the imprisoned demon lord. Seizing upon this the imprisoned demon lord dupes the Cultist's into thinking he is Moander, and has them perform a summoning ritual to allow him to escape his prison. This idea has been percolating in my head for a couple of days now. I decided to do a little bit of research, refreshing my knowledge about Moander(Faiths & Avatars), it appears that Lolth is masquerading as Moander in efforts to gain some surface dwelling worshippers. This was a cool development. Metaphysically speaking all the prayers she answers, are routed via Moander's corpse. So it's easy to justify Turaglas being able to "intercept" the prayers as they pass by him on their way to Moander's corpse. He can subvert a group of Cultists (the Dalelands/Moonsea area obvious place being Yulash and its surround environs) to free him. It's up to the PC;s to stop Turaglas being inadvertently summoned to the realms to wreak havoc. Additional plot points that occurred to me, Lolth becomes aware of Turaglas's subversion of some of her surface worshippers. She can get some other cultists to try and interrupt the summoning ritual/kill the heretics or have some Drow come up the Underdark to slay. SO you can have 2 groups of Moanders cultist running around and or some Drow involved as well if that's your thing.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  08:06:22  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tamsar

Is there a thread collating adventure/campaign ideas? Can't see that there is one but just wondered if anything like this had been suggested before?

There is one such thread here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13493&whichpage=1

z455t
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000