Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Chosen of Lurue, Sune, Sharess and Liira
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  18:38:53  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello All!
Firstly - Are there any canon Chosen of Lurue, Sune, Sharess and/or Liira?
Secondly - How should I play such an NPC? What should this NPC be like to be deserving of the Chosen status.
Thirdly - Any suggestions on their powers?

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  20:52:11  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What rules are you playing?

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  21:07:15  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  21:21:51  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh... okay makes it a bit easier.

1) I don't think there's been any published. You may want to pop over to Ed's thread to see if he had any in his home-campaign that he could discuss.

2) Well, they'd be pretty close to their goddess' outlook and work towards making the world more how their goddess would want to see it. Remember, just because they are Chosen, doesn't mean that they are a cookie-cutter of their goddess. Look at all of Mystra's chosen as an example. Khelben and Elminster both work towards the same goal (most of the time), but in entirely different ways.

3) I'd make sure they get a bonus to Con and Cha first off. Then make them immune or highly resistant to mind-effecting magic. They'd probably have some charm spell-like abilities as well. After that, figure out what would suit them in serving their goddess.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  22:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chosen are Mystra's thing only, in Ed's Realms -- though other churches may have their own somewhat comparable special divine stations, including beings categorizable as (Planescape-terminology) proxies. They wouldn't necessarily be magically long-lived, or have any overt powers at all. They might not even know of their status! Their ethos would be similar to the god's but they might serve somewhat outside the clerical structure, like Cormyr's highknights in relation to the Purple Dragons.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  01:29:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: 1 -- There are no official Chosen for Lurue, Sune, Sharess, or Lliira.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000