Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Shade statistics
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dormcook
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  14:32:42  Show Profile  Visit dormcook's Homepage Send dormcook a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Were can I find the statistics for shades? I assume its a template similar to the old ad&d monster from Monster Manual II (orginal ad&d).

I was just hoping somebody has already converted it to 3.5 and posted is somewere.

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  14:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the shade template is in the 3e Campaign Setting book, which I'm pretty sure wasn't altered significantly for 3.5.

Also, welcome to the Keep!

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  15:16:34  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shade template is in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p 314. The only changes from 3.0 to 3.5 was to list the LA as +5.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Eye of Horus-Re
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Visit Eye of Horus-Re's Homepage Send Eye of Horus-Re a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ashe, I assume this was in the Errata?

Long live 1384 and that which came before....!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  22:21:36  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it was a web enhancement for the Player's Guide to Faerūn that detailed a lot of the books that came before.

Edit: Wow. A quadruple post to delete out...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 24 Mar 2010 23:59:53
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2010 :  00:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They also have the Shade as a race (instead of a template) in Races of Faerun (pp. 147-149).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2010 :  08:41:30  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Keep, dormcook!

Shade update?

Well, you might also want to take a look into the Dragon Magazine issue #322 (p. 46) where you'll find a 3.5 shade update as well as a level progression for this templete.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2010 :  22:55:27  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as the race of Shades go, they're all considerd shades and usually have the statistics of their base race (a shade elf would have elf stats but is a shade). What give them their shadoy powers is a specific ritual given to those who the Princes deem worthy.

At least, I think this is how it is. I could be wrong since I'm AFB right now.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2010 :  10:24:21  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

As far as the race of Shades go, they're all considerd shades and usually have the statistics of their base race (a shade elf would have elf stats but is a shade). What give them their shadoy powers is a specific ritual given to those who the Princes deem worthy.

At least, I think this is how it is. I could be wrong since I'm AFB right now.

That is how the TRaces of Faerun discribes it. In the Dragno article I mentioned above another way of 'shade-creation' is discribed. to quote form p. 46:

quote:
"There it says that such a transformation might take place when creatures from the Material Plane are exposed to the strange energies of the Plane of Shadows for an extended period of time, a process that usually takes centuries."

That article is not Forgotten Realms specific. However, I thought to add the info for completeness' sake.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2010 :  16:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Welcome to the Keep, dormcook!

Shade update?

Well, you might also want to take a look into the Dragon Magazine issue #322 (p. 46) where you'll find a 3.5 shade update as well as a level progression for this templete.
I did not know about that. Thanks, Ergdusch!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000