Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Wards
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2010 :  01:16:26  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was talking to one of my friends about his new tower and what wards to put on it. As of now he wanted to put Consecrate, Hallow and Forbiddance(with a password) on the entire tower building. Comments on this and ideas would be great. Im thinking that Forbiddance with a password might be too complex, becaruse it would have to be given to every guest he has. I was thinking that perhaps the password could be laid into a token like the ward tokens of silverrymoon???

Any comment or idears would be greatly welcome!

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2010 :  01:21:04  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I agree on the Forbiddance. He'd need ward tokens or to just have it on a certain area, like his personal room or study, or perhaps a floor or two he'd need safeguarded. It should be some place few people would be invited.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2010 :  01:37:22  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have looked at Hallow recently, and it is a somewhat effective effect.
Paswords for Forbiddence clearly could be a problem, because any that turns (that is purchased, tortured, etc. gives up the password) could give it to many.

As to actual size of tower, it effects the area effects that can be put in place.

Looked up, http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/forbiddance.htm and there appears to be another problem - RAW allows only those of same alignment to enter, the password appears to be in place to prevent some of the same alignment.

Of course 60 foot cube clearly applies to tower size, or more then one needs to be used.

As to Consecrate, if you have enough Clerics I do suppose you could maintain it - it is a short term spell that lasts only "2 hours/level"

Hallow clearly useful,because of the one year duration. The only problem with this spell are what effects can be used in a zone - many of them strike me as weak.

Oh I do support building a defense, just one really has to consider all the risk one takes with such.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2010 :  14:01:03  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that i will allow ward tokes for his tower like the ones in silverymoon. They shouldnt be to har to create. Thx for the comments!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000