Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Can't wait till Wednesday
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  17:00:04  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My copy of "The Thousand Orcs" comes in.

Did he name it this on purpose so everytime I say it
out loud, people think I said The Thousand Dorks?

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  17:14:39  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe you just talk too fast

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  17:20:21  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, now I have to e-nun-ci-ate when I go
to the book store.
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  17:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otherwise you might return with the wrong book

No, just kidding.

What kind of book is it anyway. I have never heard of it. Could you give us a preliminary review of the book? (I assume it is a book)

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Edited by - Ditalidas on 11 Oct 2002 17:39:38
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  18:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's R.A.Salvatore's new Drizzt trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2002 :  17:27:42  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished first War of the Spider Queen Book.
Alas--There shall be no reviews of this book or any others.
It seems my user name is already taken, and I can't
change it or create a new account. So to alleviate any further
confusion,I shall be logging off and not posting again.
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2002 :  19:39:56  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There must be another way... don't give us up so easily Drizzt.

Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2002 :  20:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I'm over my attitude from after
I read his e-mail to me. I had always
wondered this about the Realms. Wouldn't
people name their children after famous
warriors and such? Seems plausible that
one of them would go on to to something
great and somebody would write about them.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  03:40:01  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i will be at work all day tomorrow right down the road from a Borders books, and i will be hearing it laugh at me the WHOLE time as The Thousand Orcs sits there....taunting me, laughing at me...i dont think i will make it, my lunck break may be interesting...i may have to make a run for it... lmao a "Run for the Borders" as it were.

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  23:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool--stopped at the bookstore after 5 and they
got it out of the box for me. Don't know if I should
read it now or wait. Don't know if I want to wait a
year for the next one to come out.

Yeah right--who'm I kidding? Where's a blanket
and my cat?
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  16:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started reading it last night. Lots of Dwarves.
Cool. All the companions of the hall are
in it, so far.
Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  16:39:52  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To top it all off, the book looks really cool. Not necessarily the dust cover, but the actual book's cover. I hope the other two (when they come out) are made in the same way... would look really neat on the bookshelf.
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  20:18:02  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay... i just started reading it this past week... and i got to page 267 where a few words have been blanked out... rubbed out or something... down towards the bottom in the middle of the 4th paragraph UP from the bottom... where it says "Shingle's dwarves pounded on.......... an orderly fashion" i'm missing most of what's between that... got a few letters... but not enough to let me know what's written :P if someone can add the words so i can lightly pencil them into my book, it'd be nice

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  21:36:25  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're gone in my book too. Now we know what to look for in a first edition.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000