Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Pathfinding the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  16:58:07  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm currently going through some stuff and figured I'd post the Regional Traits that I created based off the Regional Feats from the Player's Guide to Faerûn. For those of you that are new to Pathfinder, traits are a 'half-feat' that can be chosen at 1st-level during character creation to give a small benefit and some flavor to the character. They are not as powerful as full feats, so I took the Regional feats and reduced their benefits a bit to make them into traits. For most Pathfinder games, the general rule is that PC's get two traits at creation in addition to the regular feat. I'd go a bit further and only allow a single trait for the characters at creation.

But enough of that:

Arcane Schooling: [Deep Imaskari, Human (Chessenta. the Golden Water, Halruaa, Lantan, Mulhorand, Nimbral, Unther, or the Wizards’ Reach), or Planetouched] Choose an arcane spellcasting class (Bard, Sorcerer or Wizard). You can activate spell trigger items as if you had 1 level in the selected class. The item’s caster level may not exceed ½ your character level.
Artist: [Elf (Sildëyuir or Snow Eagle Aerie), Gnome (Thesk or the Western Heartlands), Half-elf (the Dalelands), or Human (Chessenta, Waterdeep, or the Western Heartlands)] You gain a +1 bonus on checks with one Perform check and one Craft skill that involves art, such as calligraphy, painting, sculpture or weaving.
Axethrower: [Dwarf (the Great Glacier), Human (the Great Glacier, the Moonshae Islands, the North, or Vaasa), Lizardfolk (Surkh), or Orc (the Moonsea or Underdark – Northdark)] When you make a ranged attack with a thrown weapon (axe, spear, javelin, or the like), you may add your Strength bonus instead of you Dexterity bonus to the attack roll.
Blooded: [Centaur (the Plateau of Thay), Dwarf (Underdark – Earthroot), Elf (Cormanthor Drow, the Inner Sea, Menzoberranzan, or the Outer Sea), Gnoll (the Plateau of Thay), Grimlock (Underdark – Reeshov), Halfling (the Chondalwood), Human (the Dalelands, The Nelanther Isles, Silverymoon, or Tethyr), or Orc (Underdark – Northdark or Vaasa)] You get a +1 morale bonus to Initiative checks and a +1 competence bonus on Perception checks.
Bloodline of Fire: [Human (Calimshan) or Planetouched (Calimshan)] You receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against fire effects.
Bullheaded: [Dwarf (Underdark – Earthroot, Underdark – Northdark, the Great Rift, or the Spine of the World), Human (Altumbel, Damara, the Great Dale, Rashemen, or the Western Heartlands), or Taer (the Icerim Mountains)] You gain a +1 morale bonus on all Will saves.
Cosmopolitan: [Dwarf (Waterdeep), Elf (Waterdeep), Half-elf (Waterdeep), Halfling (Amn), or Human (Amn, the Golden Water, the Sword Coast, Waterdeep)] You gain a +1 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks.
Daylight Adaptation: [Dwarf (Underdark – Northdark), Elf (Cormanthor Drow), Kuo-toa (Underdark – Sloopdilmonpolop), or Orc (Chessenta, the Hordelands, the North, or Thesk)] You lose the Light Sensitivity or Light Blindness racial weakness.
Discipline: [Chitine (Underdark – Yathchol), Elf (Evereska or the Yuirwood), Gnome (the Western Heartlands), Halfling (Luiren), Human (Aglarond, Cormyr, Shadovar, Shou Expatriate, or Thay), Planetouched (Mulhorand), or Slyth (Underdark – Fluvenilstra)] You gain a +1 racial bonus on Will saves and a +1 competence bonus on concentration checks.
Education: [Elf (Evermeet, Silverymoon, or Snow Eagle Aerie), Gnome (Lantan), Half-elf (Silverymoon), or Human (Chessenta, Lantan, Silverymoon, or Waterdeep)] Select two Knowledge skills. These skills are now considered class skills and you get a +1 competence bonus on them.
Ethran: [Female, Human (Rashemen)] You gain a +1 competence bonus on Handle Animal and Survival checks while in your homeland. Furthermore, you can participate in circle magic.
Fearless: [Aarakocra (the Stormhorns), Elf (Elven Court or Snow Eagle Aerie), Gloaming (Sphur Upra), Gnome (Lantan), Halfling (Channath Vale or the Western Heartlands), Human (Anauroch or Impiltur), or Orc (the Hordelands)] You cannot become shaken, and you ignore the effects of the shaken condition. You still can be frightened or panicked.
Foe Hunter: [Dwarf (the Galena Mountains or the Spine of the World), Half-elf (the Dragon Coast), Halfling (the North), or Human (Chult, Cormyr, Impiltur, the Moonsea, the North, Samarach, Tashalar, or Thindol)] You acquire a favored enemy. This benefit functions like the ranger class feature of the same name, except the type of creature you oppose is determined by the list below.

Cormyr — Humanoid (goblin)
Chult — Humanoid (goblin)
The Dragon Coast — Dragon
The Galena Mountains — Humanoid (goblin)
Impiltur — Outsider (demon)
The Moonsea — Humanoid (orc)
The North — Humanoid (orc)
Samarach — Yuan-ti
The Spine of the World — Humanoid (orc)
Tashalar — Yuan-ti
Thindol — Yuan-ti

Forester: [Elf (the Chondalwood, the Forest of Lethyr, the High Forest, or Sildëyuir), Gnome (the Great Dale), Half-elf (Aglarond or the High Forest), Halfling (the Chondalwood), Human (the Dalelands or the Great Dale), or Volodni (the Forest of Lethyr)] You gain a +1 competence bonus to Perception and Stealth check when in a forest terrain.
Forgeheart: [Dwarf (the Smoking Mountains or the Sword Coast)] You gain a +2 racial bonus to Fortitude saves on environmental dangers regarding heat or smoke.
Horse Nomad: [Human (the Hordelands, Nimbral, the Ride or the Shaar)] You gain +2 competence bonus on all Ride checks.
Luck of Heroes: [Elf (Elven Court, the Forest of Lethyr, or the Yuirwood), Gloaming (Sphur Upra), Half-elf (Aglarond), Halfling (Channath Vale or the Western Heartlands), or Human (Aglarond, the Dalelands, Tethyr, Turmish, or the Vast)] You gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws.
Mercantile Background: [Dwarf (the Sword Coast or Underdark – Darklands), Gnome (Lantan or Underdark – Northdark), Halfling (Amn), or Human (Amn, Lantan, Sembia, Shou Expatriate, Tashalar, Tharsult, Thesk, Turmish, the Vast, or Waterdeep)] When you sell goods and items, you get 75% of the list price instead of 50%. Once per month, you can buy any single item at 75% of the offered price.
Militia: [Half-elf (Aglarond), Halfling (Lantan), or Human (Altumbel, the Dalelands, Impiltur, Samarach, Thindol, or Turmish)] You gain proficiency with all martial weapons.
Resist Poison: [Bugbear (the Earthfast Mountains), Chitine (Underdark – Yathchol), Dwarf (Underdark – Northdark), Goblin (the Earthfast Mountains), Hobgoblin (the Earthfast Mountains), Human (Dambrath or Lapaliiya), or Orc (the Moonsea or the North)] You gain a +2 racial bonus to Fortitude saves against poisons.
Silver Palm: [Dwarf (the Great Rift, Turmish, or Waterdeep), Halfling (Amn), or Human (Amn, the Dragon Coast, the Golden Water, Sembia, Tharsult, Thesk, the Vilhon Reach, or Waterdeep)] You gain a +1 competence bonus on Appraise and Bluff checks.
Spellwise: [Elf (Evermeet) or Human (Calimshan, Halruaa, Nimbral, Samarach, Shadovar, or the Wizards’ Reach)] You gain a +1 competence bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. You also gain a +1 morale bonus against illusions and their effects.
Strong Soul: [Dwarf (Oldonnar), Elf (Elven Court or Silverymoon), Gnome (Underdark – Northdark, or the Western Heartlands), Half-elf (Dambrath, the Dalelands, or Silverymoon), Halfling (Channath Vale or Luiren), or Human (the Moonshae Isles)] You gain a +2 racial bonus on Fortitude and Will saves against death effects, energy drain and ability drain attacks.
Thug: [Centaur (the Plateau of Thay), Dwarf (Underdark – Northdark or Waterdeep), Gnoll (the Plateau of Thay), Grimlock (Underdark – Reeshov), Human (the Dragon Coast, the Moonsea, the Nelanther Isles, Unther, the Vast or the Vilhon reach), Orc (Amn, Thesk, or Underdark – Northdark), or Planetouched (Impiltur, the Silver Marches, Unther, or the Western Heartlands)] You get a +1 morale bonus to Initiative checks and a +1 competence bonus on Intimidate checks.
Thunder Twin: [Dwarf (the Galena Mountains, the Great Rift, the Smoking Mountains, the Spine of the World, the Sword Coast, Turmish, Underdark – Old Shanatar, or Waterdeep)] You have a twin and may attempt a DC 12 Wisdom check to sense their direction if they are still alive and one the same plane. You also gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
Treetopper: [Elf (the Chondalwood, the High Forest, or the Yuirwood), Half-elf (Aglarond or the High Forest), Halfling (the Chondalwood), or Human (Aglarond)] You gain a +1 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Climb checks.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  22:12:42  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey thats pretty cool, are you going to do the entire list of regional feats or no? nice job Ashe :)

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  23:19:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they aren't on the list above, it's because they were too powerful to make into the 'half-feat' traits. So if it's not above, I'd recommend keeping it as an actual feat.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  23:47:33  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did you decide to adjust the feats?

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  01:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good work, Ashe! I have nothing to criticize there, but I'd like to ask something: why did you choose to use the "original" bonus types? I thought all traits were supposed to grant trait bonuses or general bonuses so that they would (purposefully) stack with spells and feats.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm

Edited by - Asgetrion on 22 Oct 2009 01:15:18
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  02:48:47  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done, Ashe...
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  02:58:13  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

How did you decide to adjust the feats?

Basically, I looked at the Pathfinder character traits (Available Here) and did my 'best guess' judgement as to how to trim the feats back to a trait. Most of the time, I reduced the bonus given (usually from a +2 to a +1) and actually 'named' the bonus. For instance, most of the regional feats were written that they gave a flat +2 bonus to a skill/save and it stacks with everything since it was labeled 'competence', 'racial', etc. By adding that label in, it makes sure that it doesn't stack on top of other effects.

The only feat that is pretty much 'as-is' from the PGtF is the Axethrower trait which I didn't feel was overpowering as it was written.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  03:01:13  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

Good work, Ashe! I have nothing to criticize there, but I'd like to ask something: why did you choose to use the "original" bonus types? I thought all traits were supposed to grant trait bonuses or general bonuses so that they would (purposefully) stack with spells and feats.

As I mentioned above, the Traits are meant to be a 'half-feat' where they are supposed to be more of a flavor/story feat than something that actually is a real mechanical benefit.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  03:33:18  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Next up, the Genasi:

Air genasi Characters
Air genasi are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Air Genasi have the following racial traits.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Air genasi are quick of hand and sharp of wit, but arrogant.
Normal Speed: Air genasi have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Air genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Child of the Elements: Air genasi receive a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws againt air-based spells and effects.
Obscuring Mist: Air genasi can cast obscuring mist once a day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to one-half their class level (round down, minimum 1).
Elemental Sorcery: Air genasi sorcerers with the Elemental bloodline treat their Charisma score as two points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. They must choose air as their bloodline element.
Languages: Air genasi begin play speaking Common and Auran. Air genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.

Earth genasi Characters
Earth genasi are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Earth Genasi have the following racial traits.
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Earth genasi are strong and tough, but stubborn.
Normal Speed: Earth genasi have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Earth genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Child of the Elements: Earth genasi receive a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws againt earth-based spells and effects.
Entangle: Earth genasi can cast entangle once a day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to one-half their class level (round down, minimum 1).
Elemental Sorcery: Earth genasi sorcerers with the Elemental bloodline treat their Charisma score as two points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. They must choose earth as their bloodline element.
Languages: Earth genasi begin play speaking Common and Terran. Earth genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.

Fire genasi Characters
Fire genasi are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Fire Genasi have the following racial traits.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Fire genasi are have bright minds and quick to action, but are impatient and quick to anger.
Normal Speed: Fire genasi have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Fire genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Child of the Elements: Fire genasi receive a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws againt fire-based spells and effects.
Animate Fire: Fire genasi can cast animate fire once a day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to one-half their class level (round down, minimum 1).
Elemental Sorcery: Fire genasi sorcerers with the Elemental bloodline treat their Charisma score as two points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. They must choose fire as their bloodline element.
Languages: Fire genasi begin play speaking Common and Ignan. Fire genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.

Water genasi Characters
Water genasi are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Water Genasi have the following racial traits.
+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Water genasi have high endurance and are very patient, but are cold and emotionally distant.
Normal Speed: Water genasi have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Water genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Child of the Elements: Water genasi receive a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws againt water-based spells and effects.
Animate Water: Water genasi can cast animate water once a day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to one-half their class level (round down, minimum 1).
Elemental Sorcery: Water genasi sorcerers with the Elemental bloodline treat their Charisma score as two points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. They must choose water as their bloodline element.
Languages: Water genasi begin play speaking Common and Aquan. Water genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 22 Oct 2009 03:34:21
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  07:09:57  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff Ashe.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  08:03:49  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance you might do fey'ri, Ashe?

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  17:20:34  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Working on it... The key is that Pathfinder no longer has Level Adjustments, so the more powerful races have racial hit die. For instance, they split the Drow into Drow and the Noble Drow subrace. The regular drow does not have racial hit dice and no level adjustment, and cut the more powerful innate abilities. While the Noble Drow has better starting stats, abilities and such and it balances this power by giving them 3 Racial hit die.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  17:30:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait -- is that it for genasi abilities under Pathfinder? I always liked the extra stuff for air genasi, like not needing to breathe, or the fact that water genasi could breathe water...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  23:33:24  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Working on it... The key is that Pathfinder no longer has Level Adjustments, so the more powerful races have racial hit die. For instance, they split the Drow into Drow and the Noble Drow subrace. The regular drow does not have racial hit dice and no level adjustment, and cut the more powerful innate abilities. While the Noble Drow has better starting stats, abilities and such and it balances this power by giving them 3 Racial hit die.

Ok, thank you. I ordered my copy from Amazon, so I'll hopefully be seeing it soon. I'm really wanting to know how they worked aasimar.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  00:21:06  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Wait -- is that it for genasi abilities under Pathfinder? I always liked the extra stuff for air genasi, like not needing to breathe, or the fact that water genasi could breathe water...

I did pull those abilities from the races so they wouldn't require racial hit die. I just felt that the breathless and water-breathing were a bit too powerful for a zero-level race.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  09:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

As I mentioned above, the Traits are meant to be a 'half-feat' where they are supposed to be more of a flavor/story feat than something that actually is a real mechanical benefit.

Sure, but many of the traits (e.g. those granting morale bonuses) wouldn't stack with real feats or spells, which I think is the reason Paizonians decided to make all (?) of them grant either untyped or trait bonuses. I also think it's simpler that way (from everyone's perspective -- even that of the designers), because you always know that whatever feats or spells PCs have, traits are a totally separate "resource pool" (that has minimal synergy with other PC resources and does not overlap them). It's not a big issue, but I wonder if some traits granting "traditional" bonuses will make certain feats less lucrative, balance-wise, and some feats may also make certain traits seem less worthwhile than others. As a player, I'm personally less concerned about mechanics and more interested in picking traits that fit my character's background, but I'm fairly sure that the players in my PF campaign would make careful mechanical calculations with this stuff.

Still, very good job on those traits and the Genasi -- I'm definitely going to steal them!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  20:07:15  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have wanted to convert many things from FR over to Pathfinder. I think we should try to get a concentrated thread for conversions. Is this possible?

Maybe a new forum where we can post our conversions of different aspects. This way we are not all redundant, and we may be able to convert our campaigns even faster.

As it stands I know longer have to convert Genasi thanks to ashe.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Edited by - Mournblade on 23 Oct 2009 20:10:08
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  21:41:39  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, if you all want to post conversions on this scroll, that's fine with me. Keeps everything in one nice, neat bucket.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  21:44:10  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and a little something to 'whet your blades':

Elminster Aumar                                                                                     CR 39

Male fighter 1/rogue 2/cleric of Mystra 3/wizard 24/archmage 5
CG illuskan Chosen of Mystra
Init +9; Senses Detect Magic; Perception +3

Defense

AC 25, touch 13, flat 25   (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +0 Wis, +3 deflection, +5 natural)
hp 378 (1d10+5d8+29d6+245)
Fort +27, Ref +23, Will +29
Defensive Abilities Evasion; Immune aging, disease, disintegration, and poison; Spell Immunity Magic missile, Detect thoughts, Fireball, Evard’s black tentacles, Feeblemind, Finger of death, Sunburst, Temporal stasis; SR 21

Offense

Spd 30 ft
+5 Longsword [thundering] +24/+19/+14/+9 melee (1d8+6, 19-20)
   or ranged touch +22
Special Attacks Sneak Attack +1d6, Channel Energy (save DC 11, 2d6, 6/day), Hand of the Apprentice (11/day),
Spell-like Abilities (CL 29th)
   1/day - Dispel Magic, Lesser Ironguard (DC 23), See Invisibility, Shapechange, Simbul's Synostodweomer, Spider Climb (DC 20), Thunderlance, True Seeing (DC 24)
Cleric Spells (CL 3rd, +5 to overcome Spell Resistance)
   Per day - at will/3/2; Base DC 14 + spell level
Wizard Spells (CL 30th, +32 to overcome Spell Resistance)
   Per day - at will/6/6/6/6/4/5/3/4/3/1; Base DC 18 + spell level

Statistics

Str 13, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 27, Wis 18, Cha 17
Base Atk +18; CMB +19; CMD 36
Feats Blooded, Combat Expertise, Craft Wondrous Item, Delay Spell, Empower Spell, Endurance, Enhance Spell, Eschew Materials, Exotic Weapon Proficiency [Shuriken], Forge Ring, Greater Spell Focus [Evocation], Heavy Armor Proficiency, Heighten Spell, Improved Initiative, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity (10th), Light Armor Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Maximize Spell, Medium Armor Proficiency, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Shield Proficiency, Silent Spell, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Skill Focus [Spellcraft], Spell Focus [Enchantment], Spell Focus [Evocation], Spell Penetration, Still Spell, Tower Shield Proficiency
Skills Acrobatics +10, Climb +7, Diplomacy +40, Disable Device +8, Fly +36, Handle Animal +12, Heal +12, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (Arcana) +40, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +19, Knowledge (Geography) +35, Knowledge (History) +38, Knowledge (Local) +37, Knowledge (Nature) +35, Knowledge (Nobility) +35, Knowledge (Planes) +40, Knowledge (Religion) +19, Linguistics +21, Perception +43, Perform (Dance) +8, Ride +13, Sense Motive +41, Sleight of Hand +10, Spellcraft +49, Stealth +10, Survival +10, Swim +5
Languages Aglarondan, Celestial, Chondathan, Common, Dwarven, Damaran, Elven, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Halruaan, Mulhorandi, Orc, Seldruin, Shou, Thorass
SQ Skilled, Trapfinding +1, Rogue Talent (Quick Disable), Aura, Magic and Spell Domains, Spontaneous Cure spells, Orisons, Arcane Bond, Cantrips, Scribe Scroll, Metamagic Mastery (7/day), High Arcana (Arcane Fire, Arcane Reach, Mastery of Elements, Mastery of Counterspelling, Spell Power), Name and Song Attunement, Silver Fi
Combat Gear +5 Longsword [thundering], Bracers of Armor +7, Ring of Protection +3, Ring of Regeneration, Mantle of Spell Resistance (Same benefits as a Cloak of Resistance +5 as well), Amulet of Natural Armor +5, Elminster's eversmoking pipe

Special Abilities

Arcane Bond (Su): Elminster has bonded his sword. Casting without his bond forces him to make a concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) or lose the spell. He can cast one spell a day that is not prepared by using the bond.
Arcane Fire (Su): Elminster has the ability to change arcane spell energy into arcane fire, manifesting it as a bolt of raw magical energy. The bolt is a ranged touch attack with 600 foot range that deals 5d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage per level of the spell used to create the effect.
Arcane Reach (Su): Elminster can use spells with a range of touch on a target up to 30 feet away. He must make a ranged touch attack.
Evasion (Ex): If Elminster makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage, he instead takes no damage.
Hand of the Acolyte (Su): Elminster can cause his melee weapon to fly from his grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning. As a standard action, he can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that he adds his Wisdom modifier to the attack roll instead of his Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. He can use this ability 7 times per day.
Hand of the Apprentice (Su): Elminster can cause his melee weapon to fly from his grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning. As a standard action, he can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that he adds his Intelligence modifier to the attack roll instead of his Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. He can use this ability 11 times per day.
Mastery of Counterspelling: When Elminster counterspells a spell, it is turned back upon the caster as if it were fully affected by a spell turning spell. If the spell cannot be affected by spell turning, then it is merely counterspelled.
Mastery of Elements: Elminster can alter an arcane spell when cast so that it utilizes a different element from the one it normally uses.
Metamagic Mastery (Su): Elminster can apply any one metamagic feat that he knows to a spell he is about to cast. This does not alter the level of the spell or the casting time. He can use this ability 9 per day. Any time he uses this ability to apply a metamagic feat that increases the spell level by more than 1, he must use an additional daily usage for each level above 1 that the feat adds to the spell. Even though this ability does not modify the spell’s actual level, he cannot use this ability to cast a spell whose modified spell level would be above the level of the highest-level spell that he is capable of casting.
Name and Song Attunement (Su): Whenever Elminster's name or the Rune of the Chosen is spoken, he hears it along with the next nine words that person speaks.
Quick Disable (Ex): It takes Elminster half the normal amount of time to disable a trap using the Disable Device skill (minimum 1 round).
Silver Fire (Su): Manifesting as a beautiful silver-white flame that surrounds Elminster and fills the area into which it is projected, silver fire can be used for different effects, both beneficial and revitalizing to the wielder or as a weapon upon their foes.
Spell Power: This ability increases Elminster's effective caster level by +1 (for purposes of determining level-dependent spell variables such as damage dice or range, and caster level checks only).
Touch of Calm (Sp): Elminster can cause his hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing him to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a +3 bonus on a single Spellcraft, Use Magic Device or concentration check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. He can use this ability to grant the bonus 7 times per day.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 08 Nov 2009 01:40:38
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  21:57:02  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another little gift:

Drizzt Do’Urden                                                                                     CR 19

Male fighter 10/barbarian 1/ranger 8
CG drow
Init +9; Senses Darkvision 120'; Perception +2

Defense

AC 21, touch 11, flat 20   (+9 armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 155 (17d8+2d6+46)
Fort +17, Ref +14, Will +8
Defensive Abilities Bravery +3, Drow Immunities; Immune sleep; SR 25

Offense

Spd 40 ft
+3 Scimitar [Icingdeath, frost] +22/+17/+12/+7 melee (1d6+8 plus 1d6 cold , 18-20) and +2 Scimitar [Twinkle, defending] +25/+20/+15 melee (1d6+7, 18-20)
   or +3 Longbow [Taulmaril , force, keen] +28/+23/+18/+13 ranged (1d8+4, 19-20/x3)
Special Attacks Rage (+4 STR/CON, +2 Will, -2 AC, 8 rounds/day), Favorite Enemy (Goblins +4, Magical Beasts +2), Favorite Terrain (Cold, Forest), Poison Use, Drow Weapon Familiarity,
Spell-like Abilities (CL 5th)
   1/day - Dancing Lights, Darkness, Faerie Fire
Ranger Spells (CL 5th, +5 to overcome Spell Resistance)
   1st—Detect Animals or Plants, Endure Elements (DC 14)

Statistics

Str 13, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 14
Base Atk +19; CMB +20; CMD 36
Feats Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Daylight Adaptation, Dodge, Double Slice, Endurance, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Light Armor Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, Mobility, Quick Draw, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Spring Attack, Tower Shield Proficiency, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Rend, Weapon Focus [Scimitar], Weapon Specialization [Scimitar], Whirlwind Attack
Skills Acrobatics +17, Climb +13, Handle Animal +14, Intimidate +15, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +24, Knowledge (Nature) +15, Perception +27, Ride +17, Stealth +27, Survival +24
Languages Common, Drow, Dwarven, Elven, Undercommon
SQ Keen senses, Armor training 2, Weapon Training 2, Fast Movement, Track +4, Wild Empathy, Endurance, Hunter's Bond (3 rds), Woodland Stride, Swift Tracker
Combat Gear +4 Elven chainmail, +3 Scimitar [Icingdeath, frost], +2 Scimitar [Twinkle, defending], +3 Longbow [Taulmaril , force, keen], Figurine of Wondrous Power [Onyx Panther]

Special Abilities

Bravery (Ex): Drizzt has a +3 bonus on Will saves against fear.
Favored Enemy (Ex): Drizzt has bonuses on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against creatures of his selected type. Likewise, he gets bonuses on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. He may make Knowledge skill checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures.
Favored Terrain (Ex): Drizzt gains bonuses on initiative checks and Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival skill checks when he is in his favored terrain. A ranger traveling through his favored terrain normally leaves no trail and cannot be tracked (though he may leave a trail if he so chooses).
Track (Ex): Drizzt adds +4 to Survival skill check made to follow or identify tracks.
Wild Empathy (Ex): Drizzt can improve the initial attitudes of an animal. This functions just like a Diplomacy check, but Drizzt makes a check with a +10 bonus to determine the check result.
Woodland Stride (Ex): Drizzt may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect him.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 08 Nov 2009 03:49:34
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  22:10:04  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the last for this afternoon:

Elaith “the Serpent” Craulnober                                                                      CR 12

Male fighter 3/wizard 9
CG moon elf
Init +8; Senses Low-light; Perception +3

Defense

AC 15, touch 12, flat 15   (+2 armor, +1 shield, +4 Dex, +0 Wis, +2 deflection)
hp 76 (8d10+5d8+24)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +10
Defensive Abilities Bravery +1

Offense

Spd 30 ft
Longsword [MW] +10/+5 melee (1d8+5, 19-20) and +2 Dagger +13 melee (1d4+5, 19-20)
   or ranged touch +11
   or +2 Dagger +13/+8 ranged (1d4+7, 19-20)
Special Attacks Hand of the Apprentice (6/day),
Wizard Spells (CL 9th, +11 to overcome Spell Resistance)
   5th—Cone of Cold (DC 18)
   4th—Dimension Door (x2) (DC 17)
   3rd—Dispel Magic, Fireball (x2) (DC 16), Fly (DC 16)
   2nd—Cat's Grace (DC 15), Darkness, Invisibility (DC 15), Knock, Web (DC 15)
   1st—Feather Fall (DC 14), Identify, Magic Missile (x2), True Strike
   Cantrips— (at will) Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Ray of Frost

Statistics

Str 17, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 17
Base Atk +7; CMB +10; CMD 26
Feats Arcane Armor Training, Arcane Strike, Blind-Fight, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Heighten Spell, Improved Initiative, Light Armor Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, Scribe Scroll, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus [Longsword]
Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +9, Knowledge (History) +15, Knowledge (Local) +15, Perception +8, Profession +15, Ride +10, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +15, Stealth +18, Survival +9, Swim +10
Languages Chondathan, Common, Elven, Illuskan, Tethyrian
SQ Armor training 1, Arcane Bond, Cantrips, Scribe Scroll, Metamagic Mastery (1/day),
Combat Gear Longsword [MW], +2 Dagger, +2 Dagger, Bracers of Armor +2, Ring of the Ram, Ring of Protection +2, Cloak of Elvenkind, Craulnober Moonblade, Spellbook (73 pages, worth 10,170 gp): 0 - All; 1st - animate rope, burning hands, comprehend languages, feather fall, identify, magic missile, shield, sleep, true strike; 2nd - cat's grace, darkness, darkvision, invisibility, knock, mirror image, web; 3rd - dispel magic, fireball, fly, lightning bolt; 4th - dimension door; 5th - cone of cold

Special Abilities

Arcane Bond (Su): Elaith has bonded his ring of the ram. Casting without his bond forces him to make a concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) or lose the spell. He can cast one spell a day that is not prepared by using the bond.
Bravery (Ex): Elaith has a +1 bonus on Will saves against fear.
Hand of the Apprentice (Su): Elaith can cause his melee weapon to fly from his grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning. As a standard action, he can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that he adds his Intelligence modifier to the attack roll instead of his Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. He can use this ability 6 times per day.
Metamagic Mastery (Su): Elaith can apply any one metamagic feat that he knows to a spell he is about to cast. This does not alter the level of the spell or the casting time. He can use this ability 1 per day. Any time he uses this ability to apply a metamagic feat that increases the spell level by more than 1, he must use an additional daily usage for each level above 1 that the feat adds to the spell. Even though this ability does not modify the spell’s actual level, he cannot use this ability to cast a spell whose modified spell level would be above the level of the highest-level spell that he is capable of casting.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 08 Nov 2009 01:49:35
Go to Top of Page

Hellkeepa
Seeker

Norway
61 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  07:46:45  Show Profile  Visit Hellkeepa's Homepage Send Hellkeepa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELLo!

Very nice, indeed. Just a couple of Copy-Pasta errors in "Favored Enemy (Magical Beasts)" and "Favored Terrain (Forest)" for Drizzt.

Happy playin'!

Dealing with 3.5 only. Refusing the reality of 4.0, and substituting it for my own.
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2009 :  16:42:05  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked the Genasi, but have to agree i liked their abilities to breath water, and not need to breath as well. I was thinking having looked at the Bestiary if something like this would work better perhaps.

Air Plane-touched:
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength
Air Elemental plane-touched tend to be quick of wit, and limb, but are typically not strong.

Darkvision: 60ft

Spell Like ability: Levitate 1/day as a spell-like ability, the caster level for this ability equals the Air plane-touched’s level. Air Plane-touched do not need to breath.

Elemental Sorcery: Air plane-touched sorcerers with the Elemental bloodline treat their Charisma score as two points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. They must choose air as their bloodline element, if they are of the elemental bloodline.

Child of the Elements: Air plane-touched receive a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws against air-based spells and effects.

Elemental Resistance: Electricity 5

Language: Air plane-touched begin play speaking Common and Auran. Air plane-touched with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Terran, Aquatic, Ignan, and Sylvan.

And yes I liked the Child of the elements part you did so I added it in, was having a problem with figuring out what skills a Air elemental would be good at. And the Elemental Sorcery just makes sense. If you wish to see the rest of them I would be happy to post them.

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2009 :  17:34:19  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, I'm not so sure about the Elemental Sorcery when they don't have a penalty to Charisma. Much like Tieflings, the penalty is to reflect the "outsider" nature of the character in dealing with others.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2009 :  18:57:18  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See I can understand that, and it makes sense when you say it that way, but depending on the element is what I would say. After all some of them have to have that exotic look about them, I think Tieflings get it also because they are related to the evil planes, where the elementals come from a more exotic, and neutral based group. I could see it for a few of them, but not all. Of course it depends on where the elemental bloodline comes from, I like the expanded Tieflings in the Pathfinder adventure path #25.

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2009 :  07:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new format is very nice, Ashe. Well done!

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  20:14:37  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all, figured this next comment should go here so, here it goes:

Still working on my game set in cormyr and trying to get things up to date for pathfinder and i was wondering if anybody had updated the shades to PF. I mean i could just use them as is, but im hoping somebody has modified them.

So, Does anybody have any ideas??

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  20:34:01  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you mean specific characters or just the Shade template from FRCS?

The template should be easy to use as-is, the only modifications are for the skill bonuses. Instead of +4 to Listen/Spot and +8 to Hide/Move Silently, it should be +4 to Perception and +8 to Stealth.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  20:39:41  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah reread through it again and you right ;), as for specific characters im pretty sure i can get that good. Thanks again Ashe.

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  22:17:45  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to throw it out their... A Revamp of Fzoul Chembryl would be cool... ;)

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  00:54:30  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First things first:

Hatred Domain
(Same spells as listed in Spell Compendium)
Domain Power:
Hated Foe (Sp): Choose one opponent. Against that foe you gain a +1 profane bonus for every two cleric levels (minimum 1) on attack rolls, saving throws and AC for 1 round. You can use this ability 3 + Wisdom modifier times per day.
Battlecry (Su): When the cleric reaches 8 levels, he can give a powerful warcry against his hated foes. All enemies within a 30' burst must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 class levels + Wis modifier) or be panicked (<1/4 class levels worth of HD), frightened (<1/2 class levels worth of HD), or shaken (< class levels worth of HD). This effect lasts for up to a number of rounds per day equal to his class levels. These rounds need not be consecutive.

Tyranny Domain
(Same spells as listed in Spell Compendium)
Oppressive Touch (Sp): The cleric can imbue a creature as a melee touch attack, giving it a -1 penalty for every two class levels (minimum 1) on Will saves for 1 round. He can use this ability to grant the bonus 3 + Wis modifier times per day.
Dominating Presence (Sp): When the cleric reaches 8th level, he can use dominate person at will as a spell-like ability at caster level equal to his class level. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to his class level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 12 Nov 2009 00:55:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000