Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 # of posts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  01:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My picture/profile, etc, isn't recording the number of posts I'm making. I must have made at least 30 by now I'm thinking, and it's still hovering at 15. I'm not sure why, perhaps Sage Alaundo could assist me with this? or explain the why of it.. thanks.

Edited by - Alaundo on 01 Nov 2003 11:31:17

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  01:20:52  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, now it's gone up, does it not record the posts you make in candlekeep? mainly the main room and the grounds?

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  01:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The inn and the grounds don't record posts. Oh the 'Welcome to Candlekeep' and site content don't either...

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  02:09:15  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked that also when I joined. The "Welcome to Candlekeep", as Dantrag mentioned, don't count as posts towards the counter. All the other fourms do though.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  06:09:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This practice was discontinued mainly due to the once-present insistance of a number of forum users only posting greetings to newcomers and so forth in the various 'Welcome' and 'Inn' sections of Candlekeep because it granted them another point on their post counts.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  06:37:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the Inn was zero-credit from the start. Then our fine Head Scribes extended that to all of that section of the forums. They didn't announce the latter change, but Alaundo tells us it wasn't long before sharp-eyed sages noticed it . . . .

You're looking sharp-eyed yourself. You're the first newcomer to have suspected the cause, if not the reason, for the post-count question.

We really need to put this up on the board at the front desk or some other such place so that people are told this up front . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000