Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 What does FOR stand for in the Black Cover series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  07:42:10  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's WOTC's reasoning for retaining long numeric sequences with "The Legend of Drizzt, Book I" through "XIII", and the recent re-release of "The Cleric Quintet", then?

They actually increased the numbering in order to throw so many of the Drizzt books into one single series.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  15:23:47  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

As for DiTerlizzi's Monstrous manual work. The illustrations in that book is what keeps me going back to the two 1ed. books and the 2ed.Compendiums. How can you top the Killmoulis in Compendium 2?

I have to agree with you there, on all counts... but the one that immediately springs to my mind is the Orc from Compendium 1.

Anyway, returning to topic... in response to BEAST: You must remember that it's Drizzt we're talking about here. The rules (at least prior to 3E) had always gone out the window for him, and will probably resume doing so under 4E. I don't actually dislike the character, despite some earlier (~6 months to a year ago) posts on the topic, but when I think about the characters who should have survived into 4E, his name does not appear on the list. If 4E is about putting the spotlight on new NPCs, then logic dictates that Drizzt had to die. The same could be said of Elminster, if we're talking novels... but it's my understanding that Elminster is still alive because if he dies, the rights to the Realms revert back to Ed... imho, that's another compelling reason to kill him off in Wizbro canon (whatever that means now). Then we can have a real Realms reboot back to circa DR 1369... or, better yet, go right back to 1357 and kill off Ao before the RSE that started them all.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 29 Jul 2009 15:27:38
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  15:58:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummmmm.... Jakk?

The topic was about the abbreviation/prefixs used to denote older products...

Which lead to some of waxing nostalgic about them, and then the artists that contributed to them.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Jul 2009 15:58:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000