Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dark Ways and Darker Secrets OOC Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2009 :  18:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I posted, but right before hoon's update. Not sure where everyone else is, cos i was gonna wait for them to reply.
Go to Top of Page

Jocepi
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  05:42:03  Show Profile  Visit Jocepi's Homepage Send Jocepi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry been a busy week, daughter's birthday and such I'll post tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  17:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries. I just get anxious when people seem to disappear for a long time.

Joran: Good to see you again! I hope your computer problems have straightened themselves out.

Ghost Knight: Fair warning; I'm going to God-mod your return to the party if you haven't posted something by this evening.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  00:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

No worries. I just get anxious when people seem to disappear for a long time.

Joran: Good to see you again! I hope your computer problems have straightened themselves out.

Ghost Knight: Fair warning; I'm going to God-mod your return to the party if you haven't posted something by this evening.

Thank you, Hoon. They're still here, but are more managable. I picked up a new Dell catalogue today when I went out and grabbed a copy of Transformers II (sadly on Blue ray, and Wal-Mart won't take it back. Jerks.) So with some luck, I'll have a new one soon, if I can find one that I like.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  00:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best of luck. And hey, Apple announced new laptops and desktops today on the consumer side, some of which are looking quite nice.

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  00:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I'll look into that.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  06:59:46  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just waiting on others to respond first, but you pretty much had Mal do exactly what he would have done anyways. Move forward whenever you are ready.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  14:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gah, group inertia strikes again.

I need one person to post something along the lines of "And we all head up to the castle," at which point you'll all appear on the map I posted.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  00:50:19  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be getting a new post up with everyone at the entrance to the castle soonish, but before I did, I wanted to ask Jocepi what he's doing with the mule. Bringing it along? Tying it somewhere? And is there any change to what's on the mule vs. what he's carrying?

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  01:53:45  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New version of the map uploaded, complete with little boxes with your character's name's first letter. Take a look, tell me what you think.

Castle Kraal Map

edit: Changed the pic because the letters were too small (oops. My first version was right, but my computer nuked it, and I forgot to reset the settings on take 2. It's fixed now). Also added the link to the map to my sig.

Edited by - Hoondatha on 22 Oct 2009 02:14:36
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  22:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I've been MIA. Time has just gotten away from me. Posting soon.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  23:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem. Welcome back.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2009 :  13:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jocepi, Tyr? You guys around? If not, I'll roll your attacks and move the combat forward.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  14:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just fyi, I realize I haven't been awarding XP for your earlier fights. I've got it in my notes, and I'll be lumping it together with the spider fight when I get home tonight. Soon your rightful XP will be yours.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  04:50:59  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
XP's up and current. Feel free to double check my math.

Go to Top of Page

Jocepi
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  18:25:16  Show Profile  Visit Jocepi's Homepage Send Jocepi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry the posts have been spotty been dealing with a household of flu.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  20:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2009 :  02:57:11  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like how Joran's managed to talk Lorelei out of starting a fire by mentioning smoke coming out at them... when there isn't a roof to block the smoke. Of course, sending smoke signals into the air probably isn't the smartest thing to do either...

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2009 :  03:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL!! I thought there was a roof!! I keep forgetting there isn't! Kind of funny, and totally my fault.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2009 :  03:35:48  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
S'ok- Lori doesn't like smoke anyway and even a slight change in the breeze can bring it right at you... AND the thought of smoke made her realize that things were damp and she should wait until she has a chance for a HUGE conflagration.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2009 :  15:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated the map with new positions. Also, after some searching Burt and Gorme have managed to find most of a silver tea set. The other pieces are gone, but what's left, if it can be cleaned up, should be worth something once you get back to town. It's been added to the pack mule's list of gear.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2009 :  00:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Invisible Castle has been down for a good 48 hours or more now. Options I see:

1) Anyone know of an alternative dice roller?

2) If not, perhaps we can roll actual dice at home and post results on the honor system?

3) Or we can declare actions and Hoondatha can roll all necessary dice on our behalf?

Option 3 has been my previous experience for pbp rpgs. It causes extra work for the DM/GM, but what is that to me?
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2009 :  00:29:24  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't the SRD have a dice roller on it we could use? I'm pressed for time, and can't check right now.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2009 :  01:02:18  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does, sorta. I can't seem to get it to work, and it doesn't appear to save rolls. It seems to be set up to help people who are gaming at the tabletop, but who foolishly forgot to bring their dice.

I'm looking to see if I can find a substitute for Invisible Castle. Until I do, or until IC comes back online, let's go with Cardoc's option 3. It'll at least give me an excuse to dig out my dice. So everyone please post your actions, and we'll get the battle started again.

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2009 :  01:14:41  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've got it, Hoondatha. I'll do that right away.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2009 :  15:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just fyi, I've updated the spreadsheet with the XP from this battle. Consider it penance for taking so long with the others.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2009 :  21:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's alright, Hoon. So far I'm enjoying the campaign so keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2009 :  02:17:49  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen Jocepi recently? I can play Gorme for the moment, if need be.

Also, just a general DM plea: if you're going to disappear for a while, that's fine. Life happens, and I completely understand. Just let me know, so I can run your character and the game doesn't just trail off as we wait. ((Yes, I'm facing just that problem with another pbp game I'm in right now... sorry if it makes me a bit touchy))

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2009 :  05:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We understand completely, Hoondatha. And I'm sure that the holidays are going to slow us down even further, sadly.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2009 :  19:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries, Hoon. If such an event arises I'll make sure to send you a PM or post on this forum. However, I don't see that happening in the forseeable future.

Hmm, yeah Joran has a point. Holidays always cause people to become less reliable due to family obligations. Probably going to be a rough patch for the campaign for a little while, but I'm sure once they have passed things will settle back to where they were.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000