Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Picture of Yawning Portal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

profdestynova
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  21:47:35  Show Profile  Visit profdestynova's Homepage Send profdestynova a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello there

I can't find from which book this picture comes from, can you help me ?

http://www.candlekeep.com/images/gallery/mueller_yawning.jpg

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  00:10:19  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, it was not in a book, but from a poster here, DruidBarymore?

And if I'm correct he had also done portraits of the Zulkirs and picture of Shadowdale and Elminster tower
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  00:58:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. Lord Nemes has the right of it.

That particular image is the handiwork of one of our more notable graphical artists who sometimes visit Candlekeep. He's got an email here somewhere, if you wish to contact him about this, or any, of his other Realms imagery.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  19:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is currently set as my desktop background

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  20:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's exactly how I envisioned it when I wrote that scene in Downshadow where the characters pass through (however briefly).

Nice work, DB!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  21:08:40  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, really nice. Pretty much how I envisioned it after reading the Undermountain Dungeon Crawl.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  20:44:13  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a very nice illustration!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  01:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, it's great!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000