Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Wailing Tower from Swordmage
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capnvan
Senior Scribe

USA
592 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  20:28:16  Show Profile  Visit capnvan's Homepage Send capnvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

"Saving a life, though regrettable, is a small price to pay for a whole lifetime of unfettered killing."

Edited by - capnvan on 11 Oct 2010 21:35:26

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  21:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No scribe seems to have read Swordmage ? I did but I must admit that the name of "Wailing tower" remind nothing for me.
It does not mean that it is not quoted in the novel. I read it when it has been released, several months ago. So I'm not sure at all that this Tower is not in the book.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  21:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Fillow. I bought the book when it came out but if the Wailing Tower is mentioned it I don't recall. Maybe there's something in the third edition sourcebook The Mysteries of Moonsea?

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  21:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Capnvan, why don't you ask directly to Rich in his CK's thread ?

Hi Christopher, hapy to read you back. It's a long time we did not discuss in the same thread.

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  22:25:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Capnvan, why don't you ask directly to Rich in his CK's thread ?

Rich Baker prefers to only answer questions in his thread on the WotC forums.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  00:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Fillow!

So, capnvan, when I went to the shop tonight to pick up my reserved copy of Monster Manual 2 I did my usual run through the used stuff, and one thing that wasn't there last week was a very good copy of John Terra's 1995 Moonsea supplement. I'll give it a look-through later and see what I see.

Cheers,

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  00:45:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Hi, Fillow!

So, capnvan, when I went to the shop tonight to pick up my reserved copy of Monster Manual 2 I did my usual run through the used stuff, and one thing that wasn't there last week was a very good copy of John Terra's 1995 Moonsea supplement. I'll give it a look-through later and see what I see.
I'll save you some time. There isn't anything about the Wailing Tower in The Moonsea supplement. I recall a similar discussion about the Tower here at Candlekeep in April '08. And I'd previously searched the tome for any useful info back then. I don't recall much info on the Wailing Tower in Mysteries of the Moonsea either, unfortunately.

As per the previous discussion, I surmised that the Tower may have been intentionally generated for the new map of Thar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 22 May 2009 00:46:00
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  09:07:12  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

The Wailing Tower was Aesperus' (the King in Copper) final stronghold, where he was defeated by the forces of Lathander.

oops, I totally forgot that. Sorry for missing capnvan

quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

although I suppose it's possible it will reappear somewhere in the rest of the trilogy.

Maybe in the third one. I believe that the second one does not take place near Hulburg but somewhere else, around the sea.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000