Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Pool of Radiance - Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2009 :  23:26:14  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barshevy, looks like you put Clangeddin Silverbeard as Mogrim's deity on the ID tab of the spreadsheet. Somehow I don't think the elf would admit to being a follower of the Father of Battle!

Edited by - Toric on 02 Jun 2009 23:26:36
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  00:09:18  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Cardoc: You might want to read the Meilikki write up in Faith & Avatars. Your character gains some extra benefits for being a “specialty priest”.

Thanks, but Bregan is a ranger and hence just a follower of Meilikki. I don't thing any specialty priest bonuses would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually, upon reviewing the link I may just take advantage of this after all, at least partially.

Edited by - Cardoc on 03 Jun 2009 00:13:19
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  03:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardoc

quote:
Cardoc: You might want to read the Meilikki write up in Faith & Avatars. Your character gains some extra benefits for being a “specialty priest”.

Thanks, but Bregan is a ranger and hence just a follower of Meilikki. I don't thing any specialty priest bonuses would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually, upon reviewing the link I may just take advantage of this after all, at least partially.

Yep, as you no doubt noticed when you reviewed the link, rangers ARE considered specialty priests of Mielikki. Of course, that isn't to say that you have to follow that example but it is there if you like it. I think it provides some bonus proficiencies but nothing too crazy.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  07:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toric

Barshevy, looks like you put Clangeddin Silverbeard as Mogrim's deity on the ID tab of the spreadsheet. Somehow I don't think the elf would admit to being a follower of the Father of Battle!

Whoops! Now THAT could be a question for Ed !

The Search for Morn * Combat Spreadsheet * Combat Map *
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  11:38:09  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Name: Nalar
Class: Fighter
Race: Shield Dwarf
Level: 1 Alignment: CN
Experience Points: 0 Height: 4'9" Weight: 175

Strength: 16 (+1 dam, 9 Open Doors, 10% BB/LG)
Dexterity: 14 (+0 missile, +0 react, +0 AC)
Constitution: 18 (+4 hp, for hit points all 1’s rolled are considered 2’s)
Intelligence: 9 (2 bonus NWP)
Wisdom: 10 (+0 mag. def. adj.)
Charisma: 12

Paralyzation, Poison, or Death Magic: 14 (9 vs. Poison)
Rod, Staff, or Wand: 16
Petrification or Polymorph: 15
Breath Weapon: 17
Spells: 12

Hit Points: 14; Infravision: 60’
Armor Class: 4 (Chain mail and Small Shield)
THAC0: 20 (20 ranged, 19 battle axe specialization, 18 vs. Orcs (all), goblins, and hobgoblins)

Weapon Proficiencies: Broad group: Cleaving/Crushing, Weapon Specialization: Battle axe

Non-Weapon Proficiencies: Reading/Writing (Dethek Runes)*, Cobbling*,Endurance*, singing*, intimidate*, M. language: Dwarf*, M. Language (Orc), M. Language (Common), Dancing, sign language, blindfighting.

I will purchase weapons later, it has been a long night. Being the DD can be very tiring but worth it.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2009 :  03:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Final character is posted, please see my post above for full details.

Note I have added equipment, and a few proficiencies and a priest spell as allowed per being a follower of Mielikki. I tried not to take too much advantage of the bonuses given by Mielikki, but took what I thought made sense given my character's background, which I hope to post soon.

Apologies on the delay in getting this done, I have been in the process of buying my first home over the past few weeks and its really been eating into my time.

Can't wait to get the adventure started!
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2009 :  06:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay getting the adventure started. It's been busy, IRL, and I have perhaps too many games I'm participating as a PC as well.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2009 :  15:15:41  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Barshevy. I think we can all wait for when you will be ready. Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of town and computer usage from June 7-14. So I will be unable to post or read posts during that time.
Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  05:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry everyone on the post

But with times how they are, I had to take a second job cooking in the evenings. So I am working from 6:30 A.M. till 11:00 P.M. to support my wife and two young children. Sorry about this, but I must bow out of the game for now. Hopefully main job improves and I am allowed the much needed over-time and can quit second job till then I apologize again. I didn't mean to be a waste of the D.M.'s time

Sorry all
-Gray_Exile
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  07:01:12  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem, Gray. I hope you will have time in the future to join us in our adventures.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  07:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW folks, there seems to be an opening in the Randal Morn adventure next door. Would anyone here like fill it?

Go to Top of Page

Ahlmzhad
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  14:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Ahlmzhad's Homepage Send Ahlmzhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barshevy,

I think I will run an Elven Ranger CG
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  15:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Our friend Ahlmzhad is also hailing from Dragonsfoot.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  15:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, regarding the Randal Morn game, looks like all players are staying. But I'll keep an extra slot open if any Pools gamers are getting tired of waiting (sorry guys :( )

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  00:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be interested in joining the Randal Morn campaign. I've been following it from the beginning so there would be no need to bring me up to speed.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  03:32:04  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I have an affirmative answer soon? The party is about to leave an area that I could introduce your PC.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  04:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me in. Did you have a character in mind for me to play, or should I whip something up real quick? I could have something ready to go by tomorrow evening. Also, if the current players feel strongly against adding a new member I'd be okay with that. I don't want to make waves, but would be happy to join in the fun.

Edited by - Cardoc on 09 Jun 2009 04:05:30
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  05:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to have you use Bregan Redwind. I should have mentioned that this would be a transfer from the Pool of Radiance game. Are you still interested?

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  23:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose that'd be fine, although I was kind of hoping to whip up a paladin as it would seem a better addition to the group than another ranger. But I can play Bregan as well, just let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  00:16:39  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OOC: Actually a ranger would fit in better. I'll explain via PM. Welcome aboard (again.)

Go to Top of Page

Ahlmzhad
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  16:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Ahlmzhad's Homepage Send Ahlmzhad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's the next step?
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  03:24:36  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all! Back from my trip and ready to play, once play begins. Looking forward to seeing this get off the ground!
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  17:59:09  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the continued delay, this time due more to work than to unrationed play. I am hoping I can get things together for a Saturday start.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  23:07:55  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Barshevy, I am looking forward to it, but do not stress yourself getting it started.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  17:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have things gone dead with this game?
Go to Top of Page

Jarloch
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  19:58:23  Show Profile  Visit Jarloch's Homepage Send Jarloch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am beginning to fear that the dreaded RL monster (which exceeds a dozen tarrasques in its power to destroy the best laid plans), is hard on the heels of our erstwhile DM.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2009 :  20:49:05  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to chime in and state that I will wait until this project is ready to get off the ground. I understand things in RL are holding it up, and that is just the way life goes. So, Barshevy, once you have the time, I will definitely be here to play. I will continue to check in and see how this thread and others are going.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2009 :  10:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, things are somewhat dark for me these days. I have the energy to play, but not to DM. I'm so very sorry for letting you down. I'll have to put this game on indefinite hold.

Thank you for taking the time to create these characters. Again, I'm very sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  06:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Barshevy. I hope and pray things get better for you soon. Until then, take care.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000