Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WoTC/FR PDF's being pulled from Paizo.com
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  14:49:53  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyr

Its a sad day indeed when you get attacked by a My Little Pony :)

Hmf, just be glad they are finally out in the open. I have suspected those small suckers for years. Devil spawn that's what they are; and in league with Carebears, Gummy Bears and the Smurfs evil cousins.

Come to think of it I have a feeling that they were behind the fall of TSR also. Ed should be protected if he starts seeing small pink horses near the house.

OK, to much Caffeine.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  14:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Gloworms? Aren't they allied with My Little Pony??

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Rabiesbunny
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  15:06:47  Show Profile  Visit Rabiesbunny's Homepage Send Rabiesbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Transformers that turn into GI joe vehicles dropping Gloworm paratroopers atop My Little Pony battlehorses.

...horror....

"Then I was right. Jobe has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making his movies. There is no god."
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  15:19:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I love the smell of burning plastic in the morning!"

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  15:25:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Yes, I do feel that it's a definite snake pit at the WotC boards. Every day I feel closer and closer to closing and sealing my account.
I'm down to going there once a day for about five minutes, and I keep thinking about just saying F-it altogether.

They just started a new 'Osse Project' thread over there that I am mildly interested in, so that's keeping me onboard... for now.

The whole mindset over there is wack - the 4er's speaking against "old FR", and then asking all kinds of questions about what it was like.

How did they dislike something so much that the knew almost nothing about? Its bizarre... they have to reference older sources just to play, because there isn't enough information out there about 4e.

And now the older sources have been pulled as well...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are scaring me Markus.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  15:58:44  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, MT speaks the truth. I honestly don't know why I keep going back. I think it might be I'm like one of those old California forty-niner miners. Everyone says it's played out, but I keep searching for the odd gold nugget.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  16:25:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tis' a sad time indeed then.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  17:27:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Ya know, I've been thinking about this post that Chris Perkins posted on ENworld about a week ago. His idea was for Wizards to take the old material and set it up as a print on demand option. It really, to me, sounded like a good idea because it would allow the old material to be reprinted for those who want a physical book.

You better not be messin' with us with this Kuje

If they ever do that, I will be so exceited that I will smash my laptop to pieces as I will no longer need it for anything

Nay, I'm not messing with you. Green Ronin has started to do that for their 3e material. Chris started a thread about the idea and it seems that everyone thinks it's a good idea. Now, will Wizards decide to do that. I have no idea.

And on a related note: People are already finding a pirated copy of Arcane Power on the net. GRIN.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  17:35:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And on a related note: People are already finding a pirated copy of Arcane Power on the net. GRIN.

Ahh... nice to see that pulling legal copies have prevented piracy.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Rabiesbunny
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  18:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Rabiesbunny's Homepage Send Rabiesbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

OH. DEAR ME. WHAT A SHOCK.

/sarcasm

Really, I can't even blame people. If I played 4e, I certainly wouldn't pay for it. ;)

"Then I was right. Jobe has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making his movies. There is no god."
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  18:31:16  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rhum to go with that digital copy of Arcane Power.
Alas, I'll be buying the hard copy anyways, despite how easy it is to get a free digital one. I wonder if it released early somewhere or if Captain Hook works for Wizards???

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  19:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if anyone at WotC sees the irony of this at all. We all knew that future books would be available for download through illegal means whether they had pulled the legal ones or not. But did they? I want to believe that they really aren't that short-sighted, but all evidence points to them being so.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 22 Apr 2009 19:16:27
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  19:33:30  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got curious and went looking around the net for the response from pirates, and I found this gem. It's a direct quote: "This no-pdf was terrible move All it is going to do is making us have uglier pdfs hehehe"

So yeah, if their intent was to slow down piracy, it failed. Hard.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  20:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:
Originally posted by Tyr

Its a sad day indeed when you get attacked by a My Little Pony :)

Hmf, just be glad they are finally out in the open. I have suspected those small suckers for years. Devil spawn that's what they are; and in league with Carebears, Gummy Bears and the Smurfs evil cousins.

Come to think of it I have a feeling that they were behind the fall of TSR also. Ed should be protected if he starts seeing small pink horses near the house.

OK, to much Caffeine.

I don't know why this suddenly brought this to mind, but if anyone has seen Robot Chicken before they have the 4 apocalypse ponies! Maybe they were closer to the truth, then we thought!
Go to Top of Page

Eye of Horus-Re
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  20:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Eye of Horus-Re's Homepage Send Eye of Horus-Re a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I am really liking the idea of Paizo picking up the D&D brand name. I have no idea if it would happen. But if it did, do you think they would go back to using 3e? I would love to see them get it and then punt Eberon off the map.....oh sorry that was my inside voice. Anyway, from what I have seen, they put out some really good stuff. Its just a shame that its not FR.

Long live 1384 and that which came before....!!!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  20:53:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rabiesbunny

Really, I can't even blame people. If I played 4e, I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
For me, to the contrary.

If I was going to play 4e, I would gladly purchase all the 4e products.

As it stands, I only want to scan-through the stuff to see what its about, and to me, thats simply not worth paying for.

And yes, all 4e material is available somewhere two days after its released, so stopping downloads of old-edition material isn't going to stop anything at all.

If I plan on playing with something, I buy a physical copy of it. When I'm gaming I need to have the books in front of me, and pdf's just don't cut-it. I don't think that piracy really cuts into sales (of books) nearly as much as they think, and not anywhere near as much as it does with music. I figure most of the people downloading gaming material would have never purchased those sources anyway.

In a strange sort of way, book-piracy may even increase sales (for RPGs), or at the very least, be a 'break even' deal. I can think of at least FIVE 3e sourcebooks that I didn't plan to buy that I went out and purchased after looking at pdf's of them. I figure any time a D&D campaign gets underway, a few people will be using pdf's, but if they stick with it, they'll eventually want physical books, and others that join-in will probably buy the books outright - ergo, if that game running on pdfs didn't exist, many of the people who became new players would have never been introduced to the game and made purchases.

Free material (weather legal or not) spreads knowledge of things around the web and around the world like wildfire, so for every 100 people that download pirated crap, maybe five will become real players and will eventually spend money on products. If the other 95 people would never spend their money anyway, that turns into a net gain for the company, not a loss.

REAL hardcore gamers - the kind that sticks with the game for twenty years and not get bored after one - WILL buy the sourcebooks regardless. Unless everyone at the table has laptops, you need those books to play. Those pirated pdf's could be creating massive numbers of new gamers and fueling a gaming renaissance, for all we know.

I think WotC's problem is that they are reactive, and not pro-active. Their recent decisions all appear to be extremely short-sighted.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Apr 2009 20:56:47
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  21:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, I think Lord Karsus keeps track of the posts made on their FR forum, which peaks at about 10 posts a day. Which is tiny when you think it's their main product forum for FR.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  21:34:12  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I like to have the pdfs as a 'back-up' to books I own as well. The search capability has sped things up more than once. Also, if a fellow gamer only needs a blurb for his character instead of the whole book, it's easy to hit the print button, allowing them to attach the oft-needed rules right to their character sheet.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  22:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Much like RB, I feel myself imitating Keanu Reeves.

What, you're going to look at Hasbro and tell them you know kung fu?

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  22:30:09  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Yes, I do feel that it's a definite snake pit at the WotC boards. Every day I feel closer and closer to closing and sealing my account.
I'm down to going there once a day for about five minutes, and I keep thinking about just saying F-it altogether.

They just started a new 'Osse Project' thread over there that I am mildly interested in, so that's keeping me onboard... for now.

The whole mindset over there is wack - the 4er's speaking against "old FR", and then asking all kinds of questions about what it was like.

How did they dislike something so much that the knew almost nothing about? Its bizarre... they have to reference older sources just to play, because there isn't enough information out there about 4e.

Maybe some of the posters asking questions are brand new to 4e Realms or returning players to the Realms. Either way they should be nurtured into the Realms. They ask for guidance then help them. I haven’t posted there in a while but I have been lurking. The current trend is the 4e-I-hate -the-Old-Realm haters find themselves arguing with the Pre-FR-Shattered-Realms (Guess who starts the arguments) which tends to invite people who flat out hate WotC and will say nothing but negative things about 4e and the Realms. Next thing you know nothing gets solved and some of the newer players get scared away.
Give advice, help them out, and resist the urge to slam the company/4e/FRSpellplague in the same post.

Maybe the removal of the older pdf's was a good thing because now players are asking the questions about a world we love.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  22:32:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If I was going to play 4e, I would gladly purchase all the 4e products.

Ditto that. I'd likely get it on the cheap, but it would be legal.

quote:

And yes, all 4e material is available somewhere two days after its released, so stopping downloads of old-edition material isn't going to stop anything at all.

Not only that, but as I've pointed out, the only money they were making on the legacy material was from the pdfs. Now they've cut off that source of income.

quote:

In a strange sort of way, book-piracy may even increase sales (for RPGs), or at the very least, be a 'break even' deal. I can think of at least FIVE 3e sourcebooks that I didn't plan to buy that I went out and purchased after looking at pdf's of them. I figure any time a D&D campaign gets underway, a few people will be using pdf's, but if they stick with it, they'll eventually want physical books, and others that join-in will probably buy the books outright - ergo, if that game running on pdfs didn't exist, many of the people who became new players would have never been introduced to the game and made purchases.

From what I've read, the anime community actually relies on a form of piracy... People that can speak Japanese get copies of untranslated anime titles, add subtitles, and distribute them. The US anime companies watch the fansub communities, and see which titles are the ones that are getting the most attention. Then they get licenses to sell and distribute those titles over here. As soon as the announcement is made, the fansub communities -- without being asked -- stop distribution of fansubs of those titles.

So the anime companies watch the pirates. They figure if the pirates like it, the rest of the anime fans will. So they decide to sell it, and the pirates cooperate by not competing or undercutting their sales. It's a win-win for everyone.

quote:

Free material (weather legal or not) spreads knowledge of things around the web and around the world like wildfire, so for every 100 people that download pirated crap, maybe five will become real players and will eventually spend money on products. If the other 95 people would never spend their money anyway, that turns into a net gain for the company, not a loss.

At least one American sci-fi book publisher includes in their hardcovers CDs that have digital copies of other books. They're apparently not losing money for doing this...

quote:

I think WotC's problem is that they are reactive, and not pro-active. Their recent decisions all appear to be extremely short-sighted.

If nothing else, the "take down all pdfs now" move proves they are being reactive, and not pro-active.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  22:53:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eye of Hores-Re

I would love to see them get it and then punt Eberon off the map.....

I'm no fan of that setting, but I see nothing wrong with leaving it in place. I'd not cease publication of it as long as it's still profitable.

There are a couple nifty Eber-whatsit ideas.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Moonlight
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  23:12:51  Show Profile  Visit Moonlight's Homepage Send Moonlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

From what I've read, the anime community actually relies on a form of piracy... People that can speak Japanese get copies of untranslated anime titles, add subtitles, and distribute them. The US anime companies watch the fansub communities, and see which titles are the ones that are getting the most attention. Then they get licenses to sell and distribute those titles over here. As soon as the announcement is made, the fansub communities -- without being asked -- stop distribution of fansubs of those titles.

So the anime companies watch the pirates. They figure if the pirates like it, the rest of the anime fans will. So they decide to sell it, and the pirates cooperate by not competing or undercutting their sales. It's a win-win for everyone.

I cant more agree with that. It's exactly how it's happening. And I am seriously praying that a less "family related thing" that Hasbro will take over FR. Or maybe the wizards of Thay decided that they had enough. And take some real actions in the Realms. And who would care about WOTC then? Not Szass Tam for sure. Let people adventure, I don't care about your profit. Do you remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxKACKQJ6Dk

Sehanine is dreaming...

Edited by - Moonlight on 22 Apr 2009 23:14:09
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  23:13:44  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Maybe some of the posters asking questions are brand new to 4e Realms or returning players to the Realms. Either way they should be nurtured into the Realms. They ask for guidance then help them. I haven’t posted there in a while but I have been lurking. The current trend is the 4e-I-hate -the-Old-Realm haters find themselves arguing with the Pre-FR-Shattered-Realms (Guess who starts the arguments) which tends to invite people who flat out hate WotC and will say nothing but negative things about 4e and the Realms. Next thing you know nothing gets solved and some of the newer players get scared away.
Give advice, help them out, and resist the urge to slam the company/4e/FRSpellplague in the same post.

Maybe the removal of the older pdf's was a good thing because now players are asking the questions about a world we love.

This +1.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  04:57:40  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about the negative response regarding sale of the DnD license to Paizo, White Wolf, or whoever. Most people didn't care either way, there were just a few zealous diehards. We see them with every edition, company or setting. Heck, to many, the people here at Candlekeep are craggy old Realms grognards not worthy of touching the sacred ink of the 4E FR books, or Eberron books, or Greyhawk modules, etc.

quote:

I noticed that too. Some people always preface their posts with something along the lines of "I've hated FR with a passion for decades, but 4E made me give it a chance. By the way, where can I find more information on this area/organization/deity. The 4E FRCG only says so much, I want to use the information from the 3e or 2e books, which one has it?"

Some over there also claim that many people well versed in Realmslore chose to depart the Wizard forums for places like Candlekeep. I still seem many familiar names jump in with information on the Realms when it's asked for. Many regulars from Candlekeep still answer questions. I just think much of the day-to-day discussions have moved elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
At least one American sci-fi book publisher includes in their hardcovers CDs that have digital copies of other books. They're apparently not losing money for doing this...

Baen books offers on their website some of their older novels (whole novels) as free samples. The free library include a great number of authors, many of their big names, and some of their most popular series. They supposedly have numbers that show the free offerings increase sales. Apparently many people might just read the first few chapters from the free download, then finish the book with a hardcopy which they decided to buy. Once they're hooked on a series, character or author, the sales just keep coming.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 23 Apr 2009 05:03:47
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  05:13:07  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After the hoopla that turned out for my thread at WotC, I've logged out for good. I haven't seen any really good Realmslore come down the pike there in a while, and I'm just tired of looking.

RE: Dark Wizard, I made sure to try and answer any questions as I could on the forum as well. The best answer has always been "Check out Candlekeep!".

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  07:04:21  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Sorry, my brain must still be asleep, but I didn't get that one.
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  09:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rather than being able to just look it up themselves they're forced to ask other people about it.

Cue much storytelling:

"Why, it must have been in my late twenties, sometime in late 1354 DR, Dale Reckoning don't you know..."
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  17:03:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which usually leads to us telling them how great pre-4e was, which is counter-productive to WotC growing the 4e D&D brand.

Once again, their decision regarding the pdf's doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The sole place for '4e people' to get their 'lore fix' is now the very people they annoyed with their shouts of "FR is finally worth playing in"?

I don't mind helping people at all, which I feel is the way many of us 'old fans' that are still hangin' in the wings at WotC feel, but as Dark Wizard has stated, when they preface their question with something along the lines of "4eFR is SO much better then the old version...", it gets a bit hard to stay civil. Especially when they are asking for information coming from those editions they claim to hate.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall over at WotC, because I find this whole affair extremely confusing. Many of their decisions seem very self-destructive.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Apr 2009 17:17:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000