Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Maps that come with modules
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  08:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a way to tell if I have the correct maps with my modules? I'm wondering if there's a list of map photos tagged to a particular mod, or something on the map that says what it belongs to. I just purchased a FR3 off of eBay that has two maps in it (but according to this site, it should only have one) and I would like to know which belongs with it, and which is an extra. I've also got some other maps that were extra in a campaign setting box that I'd like to figure out the origins of.

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  09:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you speak about the Empire of the sands (TSR 9224), I also had a two-map-set when I got it.
One is colored and represents Amn, Tethyr and Calimshan. The other one is "Sand & white" and smaller.

Not sure but I believe the both are part of the set.

Did you have a peticular question about these maps or this set ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  15:43:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the TSR Archive, it came with two maps.

They didn't do it initially, but later on, TSR started putting product numbers on the maps.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  16:17:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I run into this all the time - I keep ALL of my maps (not the ones I make, mind you) in one convenient pile right next to me, and when I need to find info about a locale on a certain map, I have to look for the serial number that they always print down in the corner - if you put the first four numbers and the words "Forgotten Realms" into any search-engine, you will immediately get back which product the map came from.

I should probably just make a list for quick-reference, but since I'm always sitting at my computer, that way works best for me.

I only just realized last night that I'm missing a MAJOR FR map - someone gave me Hordes of Dragonspear, and I had no idea it had come with an important map! Since I own the product, I never bother to look through the pdf I have of it... but then I did so last night (because I didn't feel like digging the module out) to look for something, and BAM!

I can't believe there is one I don't have.

Found a 'lost' Halruaan city on it, though.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 30 Mar 2009 14:58:46
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  17:27:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I run into this all the time - I keep ALL of my maps (not the ones I make, mnd you) in one convenient pile right next to me, and when I need to find info about a locale on a certain map, I have to look for the serial number thatthey always print down in thecorer - if you put the first four numbers and the words "Forgotten Realms" into any search-engine, you will immediately get back which product the map came from.

I long ago, for reasons I don't recall, started keeping my maps and my books separate. In my old apartment, the maps were in boxes, in milk crates, next to the bookcase where all the FR stuff was.

'Twas only a bit of chance that the FR maps didn't go into storage -- so I've got duplicates of a lot of the maps (I'm keeping some of them, but I do need to put the rest up on eBay).

Now all the maps are in little file drawers in the closet in the computer room. Waterdeep and Undermountain share their own drawer.

Anyway, my maps are stored in polybags, and on each polybag is a label saying what the map is from. That keeps the organization simple, and protects the maps, too.

Go to Top of Page

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  18:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

If you speak about the Empire of the sands (TSR 9224), I also had a two-map-set when I got it.
One is colored and represents Amn, Tethyr and Calimshan. The other one is "Sand & white" and smaller.

Not sure but I believe the both are part of the set.

Did you have a peticular question about these maps or this set ?

One of the maps I have shows Amn & Tethyr, and the other one shows Calimshan. I don't have a "Sand & White" map and both of my maps are the same size. I have no idea which is correct, but both of these maps have the correct serial number that Markustay mentions.
Go to Top of Page

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  18:11:28  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I run into this all the time - I keep ALL of my maps (not the ones I make, mnd you) in one convenient pile right next to me, and when I need to find info about a locale on a certain map, I have to look for the serial number thatthey always print down in thecorer - if you put the first four numbers and the words "Forgotten Realms" into any search-engine, you will immediately get back which product the map came from.

That's handy, and I'm surprised I never noticed that before. Thanks! Now I can look up all those other mystery maps
Go to Top of Page

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  18:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert'Twas only a bit of chance that the FR maps didn't go into storage -- so I've got duplicates of a lot of the maps (I'm keeping some of them, but I do need to put the rest up on eBay).

Please let me know or post on here if/when you decide to put the lot up on eBay. I wouldn't mind having some back-ups.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  18:14:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eryops

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert'Twas only a bit of chance that the FR maps didn't go into storage -- so I've got duplicates of a lot of the maps (I'm keeping some of them, but I do need to put the rest up on eBay).

Please let me know or post on here if/when you decide to put the lot up on eBay. I wouldn't mind having some back-ups.

Actually, I'd not have a problem selling them thru here. Let me create a list, and I'll post a thread about it.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  11:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maps are fun to look at

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  15:09:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps too much so...

I should use Wooly's method... it will at least protect them from my drool.

Finally had the 1e campaign maps fall apart on me. I never really looked at them (by the time I got around to running the Realms, 2e and the better maps were out). Unfortunately, they just grew weak all by themselves without even handling them - they were so old and brittle that I only unfolded them a couple of times and they fell apart.

Located a few I didn't even know I had until recently. The one that came with Ruins of Zhentil Keep has become my new favorite - probably the most useful 2e map ever produced. It's the only one (aside from that poster that came in some boxes which had parts 'blocked' by artwork) that has ALL of the Heartlands on a single Map - and it has a lot of detail, besides.

And I've only found one mistake on it.

(Daggerford is shown as 'Illefarn' for some weird reason).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 30 Mar 2009 15:14:12
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  21:19:06  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I long ago, for reasons I don't recall, started keeping my maps and my books separate. In my old apartment, the maps were in boxes, in milk crates, next to the bookcase where all the FR stuff was.

'Twas only a bit of chance that the FR maps didn't go into storage -- so I've got duplicates of a lot of the maps (I'm keeping some of them, but I do need to put the rest up on eBay).

Now all the maps are in little file drawers in the closet in the computer room. Waterdeep and Undermountain share their own drawer.

Anyway, my maps are stored in polybags, and on each polybag is a label saying what the map is from. That keeps the organization simple, and protects the maps, too.

Wooly do you have a written list of all of them?, i own all but a handfull of FR products and i'd like to make sure I'm not missing any maps

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  22:05:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Wooly do you have a written list of all of them?, i own all but a handfull of FR products and i'd like to make sure I'm not missing any maps

I do not. But if you check that site I linked to above, you can see for yourself what products came with maps.

Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2009 :  22:59:37  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ahh, i missed the link, thanks

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000