Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Riddles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  19:19:41  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three more riddles before I take my leave.

1) When the day after tomorrow is yesterday, today will be as far from Wednesday as today was from Wednesday when the day before yesterday was tomorrow. What is the day after this day?

2) I have a hundred legs but cannot stand, a long neck but no head; I eat the maid's life. What am I?

3) This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Xaralin
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  19:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Xaralin's Homepage Send Xaralin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)?
2)a house
3)?

I'm not very good a riddles

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  01:14:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Depends on which 'today' you're talking about. (That's not an answer, by the way.)
2) ?
3) Waterfall.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  01:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are in a room with four passages. Next to you is a bomb about to go off. There's only enough time to pick one, and only one will lead you to safety.

Each doorway has a sign over it. In turn, they read:

T-11-E
Food
E=MC2
4-1-5-4

Which door leads to safety?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  03:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha

Three more riddles before I take my leave.

1) When the day after tomorrow is yesterday, today will be as far from Wednesday as today was from Wednesday when the day before yesterday was tomorrow. What is the day after this day?

2) I have a hundred legs but cannot stand, a long neck but no head; I eat the maid's life. What am I?

3) This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?

1) ?
2) A broom
3) A waterfall

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  03:53:46  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

You are in a room with four passages. Next to you is a bomb about to go off. There's only enough time to pick one, and only one will lead you to safety.

Each doorway has a sign over it. In turn, they read:

T-11-E
Food
E=MC2
4-1-5-4

Which door leads to safety?

The top one. T-11-E

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  03:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.)In a mable hall as white as milk
Lined with skin as soft as silk
Within a fountain crystal clear
a golden globe doth appear
No doors are there to this stronghold
Yet theives break in to steal the gold
What am I?

2.)The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end.
And the end of every place.

Some people say that I'm heartless. They are wrong though,I have the heart of a little girl . . .in a jar on my desk.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  08:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krandor

The top one. T-11-E

Why do you say that?

It's the correct answer, by the way, but I need someone to say why. Of course, it would help if I wrote it right -- I got it mixed up with another riddle. The number part's supposed to be 9 (T-9-E).

Besides, the picking of the answer isn't the point of this one, it's why it's the right one.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  08:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canyia

1.)In a mable hall as white as milk
Lined with skin as soft as silk
Within a fountain crystal clear
a golden globe doth appear
No doors are there to this stronghold
Yet theives break in to steal the gold
What am I?

2.)The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end.
And the end of every place.

1) An egg.
2) The letter E.

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  04:01:15  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm
Why do you say that?

It's the correct answer, by the way, but I need someone to say why. Of course, it would help if I wrote it right -- I got it mixed up with another riddle. The number part's supposed to be 9 (T-9-E).

Besides, the picking of the answer isn't the point of this one, it's why it's the right one.

1) I am a psychic. *Sits down crossed legged, starts to hum and rubs his temples.
2) The 11 looks like an hallway with a door that has been opened.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  05:39:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's not the right reason. Interesting, though.

But notice that I said I made a mistake. It's not supposed to be 11, it's supposed to be 9.

Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  01:56:07  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm stumped...can't you just tell us?

Some people say that I'm heartless. They are wrong though,I have the heart of a little girl . . .in a jar on my desk.
Go to Top of Page

Exilion Blackheart
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  02:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Exilion Blackheart's Homepage Send Exilion Blackheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, do tell.

Darkness is one mans power.
Light is one mans power.
Which do you perfer?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  03:49:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
9 is 'IX' in Roman numerals. 'T-9-E' is 'EXIT' spelled backwards.

Now, if only you could use that in a dungeon . . . I like this riddle.

Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  04:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have never thought of that in million years.....though I'm not that bright when it comes to riddles like that...I feel dumb now....

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  05:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neither am I. I'm better at thinking them up.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  23:29:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this is something that I know a bit about yes? Ahem let me think of some ....

An old viking one:

1: Two legs by day, four by night, a being lost in unholy might.

2: A farmer had a stone that he used to measure grain on his scale. One day his neighbor borrowed the stone, and when he returned, it was broken into four pieces. The neighbor was very apologetic, but the farmer thanked the neighbor for doing him a big favor. The farmer said that now he can measure his grain in one pound increments starting at one pound all the way to forty pounds (1, 2, 3, 17, 29, 37, etc.) using these four stones.

How much do the four stones weigh?

3: A headless man had a letter to write;
It was read by a man who had lost his sight.
The dumb repeated it word for word;
And deaf was he who listened and heard.

Solve this riddle.

4: A horse travels a certain distance each day. Strangely enough, two of its legs travel 30
miles each day and the other two legs travel nearly 31 miles. It would seem that two of the horse's legs must be one mile ahead of the other two legs, but of course this can't be true. Since the horse is normal, how is this situation possible?

5: A king decided to let a prisoner try to escape the prison with his life. The king placed 2 marbles in a jar that was glued to a table. One of the marbles was supposed to be black, and one was supposed to be blue.

If the prisoner could pick the blue marble, he would escape the prison with his life. If he picked the black marble, he would be executed. However, the king was very mean, and he wickedly placed 2 black marbles in the jars and no blue marbles. The prisoner witnessed the king only putting 2 black marbles in the jars.

If the jar was not see-through and the jar was glued to the table and that the prisoner was mute so he could not say anything, how did he escape with his life?

6: A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a public park. Plain clothed police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger. The rich man arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the police were powerless to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain.

What did he do?

7: After I have risen to my fullest of height,
I am sentenced to die at the peak of my life.
Now I'm in a box living my second life,
Only to be killed again in 5 minutes at the touch of a light.
What am I?

8: Although I'm not an insect, some people found me very difficult to exterminate. They called me something like 'insane priest.' The first half of my name means the same as 'scrape,' & my last three letters are a metal.
Who am I?

9: Always invisible, yet never out of sight. What are they?

Thats all I could think of right now..... Give me a bit of time and I can remember many more.......

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  06:03:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. ?

2. One pound each.

3. ?

4. The horse is going in a circle.

5. The prisoner picks up one marble, but doesn't show it. He takes out the other, revealing it to be a black marble. If the king were fair, then the other marble, which he is holding, should be the one where he lives. The king can't demand that the prisoner show the marble, since that would expose him.

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. Air?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  18:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Answers:

1: Werewolfs

2: The stones weigh 1 pound, 3 pounds, 9 pounds and 27 pounds. These can be used in combination with each other on both sides of the scale to come up with any counterweight from 1 to 40 pounds.

3: The letter in question is the letter "O".
It is zero. The man had nothing to write.
The blind could read nothing.
The person who was dumb could repeat nothing.
The deaf man listened and heard nothing.

4: The horse operates a mill and travels in a circular clockwise direction. The two outside legs will travel a greater distance than the two inside legs.

5: The prisoner grabbed one of the marbles from the jar and concealed it in his hand. He then swallowed it, and picked up the other marble and showed everyone. The marble was black, and since the other marble was swallowed, it was assumed to be the blue one. So the mean king had to set him free.

6: This is a true story from Taiwan. When the rich man reached the phone booth he found a carrier pigeon in a cage. It had a message attached telling the man to put the diamond in a small bag which was around the pigeon's neck and to release the bird.

7: A Cigarette!
(A ciggare or doobie will do ... you poor poor stoners.... your brain cell must be lonely)

8: I'm Rasputin.

9: The letters I & S.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  14:50:21  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those were all really excellent, now try this one. Not so much brilliant as funny

There are three worms. A father worm, a mother worm and a baby worm and they need to cross a busy highway. So they wait till they see a gap and then they all tear like heck across the highway to the other side. When they arrive, the baby says to the parents, "Whew, im so glad all four of us made it."

Why does he say 4

Please note: this riddle has nothing to do with earthworm biology, their means of locomotion or plays on words...

Answers tomorrow!

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  07:21:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Leader

1: Werewolfs

I thought of that one, but figured it too far-reaching. Nothing about the moon in it. Should have remembered that the original legends said nothing about the moon, only night.

(Oh, and originally they were kind of like selkies. Had to keep the wolfskin with them.)

quote:

2: The stones weigh 1 pound, 3 pounds, 9 pounds and 27 pounds. These can be used in combination with each other on both sides of the scale to come up with any counterweight from 1 to 40 pounds.

::Bookwyrm grumbles as he opens a tome labled Algebra for Dummies::

quote:

9: The letters I & S.

"They," "they" . . . have to read these riddles more carefully! I should have known it was a wordplay.
[/quote]

MuadDib, if you said it hadn't anything to do with biology, I'd say that one of the worms got run over and split into two. Otherwise I have no idea.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  05:26:12  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the baby worm can't count

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  06:17:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

the baby worm can't count

. . .

Bad. Very bad.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  04:56:48  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try....

Anyway, here is a quick easy one I heard this morning:

In two years I will twice as old as I was 5 years ago. How old am I?

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  05:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  14:27:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it

2. Tell me what a dozen rubber trees with thirty boughs on each might be?

3. As I went over London Bridge
I met my sister Jenny
I broke her neck and drank her blood
And left her standing empty.

4. It is said among my people that some things are improved by death.
Tell me, what stinks while living, but in death, smells good?

5. What goes through the door without pinching itself?
What sits on the stove without burning itself?
What sits on the table and is not ashamed?

6. What work is it that the faster you work,
the longer it is before you're done,
and the slower you work,
the sooner you're finished?

7. Whilst I was engaged in sitting
I spied the dead carrying the living

8. I know a word of letters three.
Add two, and fewer there will be

9. I give you a group of three.
One is sitting down, and will never get up.
The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry.
The third goes away and never returns.

10. Whoever makes it, tells it not.
Whoever takes it, knows it not.
And whoever knows it wants it not.

11. Two words, my answer is only two words.
To keep me, you must give me.

12. Sir, I bear a rhyme excelling
In mystic force and magic spelling
Celestial sprites elucidate
All my own striving can't relate

13. I am, in truth, a yellow fork
From tables in the sky
By inadvertent fingers dropped
The awful cutlery.
Of mansions never quite disclosed
And never quite concealed
The apparatus of the dark
To ignorance revealed.

14. Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all figures, the first of all letters,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring
Before you the name of an eminent king (this one is for you Bookwyrm hehe).

15. Ripped from my mother's womb,
Beaten and burned,
I become a blood-thirsty slayer
What am I?

16. I build up castles.
I tear down mountains.
I make some men blind,
I help others to see.
What am I?

17. As a whole, I am both safe and secure.
Behead me, and I become a place of meeting.
Behead me again, and I am the partner of ready.
Restore me, and I become the domain of beasts.
What am I?

18. With thieves I consort,
With the vilest, in short,
I'm quite at ease in depravity;
Yet all divines use me,
And savants can't lose me,
For I am the center of gravity

19. When I am filled
I can point the way,
When I am empty
Nothing moves me,
I have two skins
One without and one within

20. Lovely and round,
I shine with pale light,
grown in the darkness,
A lady's delight.

( I thought I would post this one up to be flashy to the other person who posted a riddle like this one up)

What does man love more than life
Fear more than death or mortal strife
What the poor have, the rich require,
and what contented men desire,
What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves
And all men carry to their graves?
(answer) Nothing.
(this one even I cant find the answer for)

I sought my first in starry skies
Where shines the April sun;
My second came before my eyes,
And warned me to be done.

'Tis very hard to lose one's sight;
I'm blind as bat or mole;
Once hills and fields were my delight,
Now I'm no more my whole.

( ???????)

In any case I shall post up the answers to the actual riddles that were asked (ie the ones with numbers). And if anyone can figure out what the answer to the riddle that I don't know is. Please do let me know. I find it, ..... hmm ... hurting my head we shall leave it at that heh, that I can't find an answer for it .

*Master of Riddles and more*

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 08 Sep 2003 14:41:59
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  13:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow is anyone even going to try to solve these riddles? Moy lord. Please. Please. Solve my riddles people. Solve them. Its the only place I get to be flashy. Come on .....

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  14:29:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1. Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it

2. Tell me what a dozen rubber trees with thirty boughs on each might be?

3. As I went over London Bridge
I met my sister Jenny
I broke her neck and drank her blood
And left her standing empty.

4. It is said among my people that some things are improved by death.
Tell me, what stinks while living, but in death, smells good?

5. What goes through the door without pinching itself?
What sits on the stove without burning itself?
What sits on the table and is not ashamed?

6. What work is it that the faster you work,
the longer it is before you're done,
and the slower you work,
the sooner you're finished?

7. Whilst I was engaged in sitting
I spied the dead carrying the living

8. I know a word of letters three.
Add two, and fewer there will be

9. I give you a group of three.
One is sitting down, and will never get up.
The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry.
The third goes away and never returns.

10. Whoever makes it, tells it not.
Whoever takes it, knows it not.
And whoever knows it wants it not.

11. Two words, my answer is only two words.
To keep me, you must give me.

12. Sir, I bear a rhyme excelling
In mystic force and magic spelling
Celestial sprites elucidate
All my own striving can't relate

13. I am, in truth, a yellow fork
From tables in the sky
By inadvertent fingers dropped
The awful cutlery.
Of mansions never quite disclosed
And never quite concealed
The apparatus of the dark
To ignorance revealed.

14. Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all figures, the first of all letters,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring
Before you the name of an eminent king (this one is for you Bookwyrm hehe).

15. Ripped from my mother's womb,
Beaten and burned,
I become a blood-thirsty slayer
What am I?

16. I build up castles.
I tear down mountains.
I make some men blind,
I help others to see.
What am I?

17. As a whole, I am both safe and secure.
Behead me, and I become a place of meeting.
Behead me again, and I am the partner of ready.
Restore me, and I become the domain of beasts.
What am I?

18. With thieves I consort,
With the vilest, in short,
I'm quite at ease in depravity;
Yet all divines use me,
And savants can't lose me,
For I am the center of gravity

19. When I am filled
I can point the way,
When I am empty
Nothing moves me,
I have two skins
One without and one within

20. Lovely and round,
I shine with pale light,
grown in the darkness,
A lady's delight.

( I thought I would post this one up to be flashy to the other person who posted a riddle like this one up)

What does man love more than life
Fear more than death or mortal strife
What the poor have, the rich require,
and what contented men desire,
What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves
And all men carry to their graves?
(answer) Nothing.
(this one even I cant find the answer for)

( ???????)

In any case I shall post up the answers to the actual riddles that were asked (ie the ones with numbers). And if anyone can figure out what the answer to the riddle that I don't know is. Please do let me know. I find it, ..... hmm ... hurting my head we shall leave it at that heh, that I can't find an answer for it .

*Master of Riddles and more*

1. Coffin
2.Months of the Year
3. Gin
4. Pigs, Yummy yummy
5. The sun, or to be more exact, Sun Light
6. Roasting meat on a spit
7. A ship, ( the old wooden ones from the good old days) Boat works as well.
8. The word Fewer, Get it? lol
9. A wood stove, Fire and smoke.
10. Counterfiet Money (woohoo)
11. "your Word"
12. Pi, Numbers that are measured by length of wor heh
13. Lightening, By Emile Dickinson
14. DAVID, Yes his named spelled in Roman Numerals.
15. Iron Ore
16. Sand
17. A stable
18. The letter "V"
19. A Glove
20. And every one knows that a "pearl" is a ladies delight.

Thank you thank you, those were some riddles I mastered from a webby That I have found. Once my brain sees or hears a riddle and I solve it it seems to store that info for a long long time.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  17:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I only just got back to this page, so I wasn't able to give any answers. Especially to the one that was for me. (I saw that there were answers, but didn't read them; I tried to figure them out myself. I liked 14, since the presentation was good, but it wasn't as hard as some of the others.)

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  17:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

( ???????)

This is all one riddle? It sounds like two.

I don't know what the answer is, but perhaps what I thought of might help. The first two lines suggest that part of the answer is one or more syllables of one of the two signs of the zodiac that share the month of April. "Stary skies" combined with the sun shining seems to suggest that.

However, it depends on what calander the person who wrote it was using. If it was the one most people find, namely the one horoscopes are made from, then it's either Aires or Taurus. HOWEVER! As anyone who has actually looked at the sky (or opened an astronomy text) would know, the charts in the newspaper haven't been updated in two thousand years. (Even then, it's incorect, since it only shows twelve; there are actually thirteen. But that's beside the current point.) If the person who made that riddle was using modern data, then it would either be Pisces or Aires.

The second thing I thought of was 'eyelid'. It's what you find in front of your eye, and when you're tired you have a hard time keeping them open; thus, 'warning' you when you're 'done'.

However, since I can't figure out anything more than that, much less a corallation for the two, I can't be sure this is part of the answer. But if it is, maybe it will help someone who is better at riddles than I am.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000