Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Music
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  04:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely. I haven't heard of any of the Celtic stuff that's been posted so far, but I'm going to do some research on them now!

My group uses music for just that purpose, to set a mood and evoke an image and/or emotion. We found that it GREATLY enhanced the game experience. There's nothing like having some great and inspiring music playing in the background when you're fighting for the good of all Faerun. Very inspiring!

Some of my favorites are the following:

Sojourn Fantasy Music - some great original fantasy music
Soundtracks from LOTR/Robin Hood/Conan/Blade Runner/Dark City/Gladiator/etc
Some rock bands like YES/Rick Wakeman/Pink Floyd/(old)Genesis/King Crimson/Etc
Some 'mood' type acts like Isao Tomita/Vangelis/Kitaro

Also, the music from Bioware's PCRPG's like Baldur's Gate I & II, Icewind Dale, Heart Of Winter and Neverwinter Nights are some of the coolest there is. (Go figure. They were made for just that reason) the only problem is 'ripping' the music from the game. If you have the latest Windows media player, you can play the music from NWN right from the play disc. The others however, require a liitle work. Echon, before he sadly left us, was kind enough to send me a link with the info to do just that.(Thanks Echon!) For those that are interested here it is:

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte985m/files/BG2music.txt

Here is the link to download the actual acm2wav.exe file

http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/people/cjwlaan/download.html

Follow the instructions to the letter and you should have no problems. It worked like a charm for me.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000