Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dragon 309
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  23:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What did everybody think of the war spells section? Would you use them in your campaign?

Mal.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  02:07:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not have access to this issue yet, but from the samples and replies on some other forums, they are an impressive collection. As for using them in a campaign, well...I will have to see when I purchase the magazine.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  06:16:55  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I quit reading DRAGON when Piazo publishing took it over. It has just been far below standard.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  06:36:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can agree with that. I stopped my subscription around #287, the special issue detailing the planes. After that I just picked up an odd issue here and there that may have had some interesting fluff material, and also only in the most rarest of cases...crunch. I think the last issue I purchased was the special issue for arena Gladiators, which contained a lot of historically accurate material. I have been wanting to run an arena style campaign (much like the arena of Istar) for some time now.

The much older issues (any issue before #250) were of much greater quality and extra handy as a resource, at least for me.

Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  03:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do Dragon #309 and #310 have any specific FR content?

- The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  06:14:15  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last time I saw #309 was in a bathroom. Infact it was written on a bathroom wall. That's it! 8675-309. Yeah that was it!

<leaves the library whistling bad 80's tunes>

By Mielikki! I think I'm turning Japanese. I really think so.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Edited by - Mournblade on 03 Aug 2003 06:16:34
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  07:05:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swordsage said -
quote:
Do Dragon #309 and #310 have any specific FR content?

For details concerning the content in each new issue of Dragon Magazine, I would suggest consulting the Paizo Publishing Dragon Magazine site.

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Aug 2003 07:06:50
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  21:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's any Realms content in #308-310. I hope this isn't deliberate, and I don't plan on buying another issue until "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" resumes.

There are people who look at a world-branded article and think "I can't use that", whereas in fact so-called "generic" articles are just as much set in a specific world -- just one whose assumptions and workings we don't know about.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  21:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't think there's any Realms content in #308-310. I hope this isn't deliberate, and I don't plan on buying another issue until "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" resumes.

There are people who look at a world-branded article and think "I can't use that", whereas in fact so-called "generic" articles are just as much set in a specific world -- just one whose assumptions and workings we don't know about.

Nope, not a single FR article or mention at all, not even an ad
However, at first glances it is a good issue, dedicated articles on Fighters, Barbarians, Rangers, Paladins, Monks and Rogues. Theres also a 4-panel D&D3.5 DM screen included!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000