Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What happened to Mother Bayalun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  17:53:57  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After Yamun Khahan's death, what happened to mother Bayalun? Did she rule the horselands legally or secretly? Or did she not? How old was she when Yamun died anyway?

orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  19:34:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question.

She wasn't mentioned at all in the Hordelands update in Dragon Magazine #349.

I wish I had that novel - I've tried looking for it several times, but I seem to have completely lost it in one of my moves.

She may heave been giving some ceremonial title and 're-assigned', but it doesn't appear she has anything to do with the running of Hubadai's Kingdom - he follows the Red Knight (which is the 'state religion' of Yaļmmunahar).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Feb 2009 19:37:48
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  21:01:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe there's an unpublished short story that dealt with her fate. No, not by Ed. By James Lowder, perhaps? Hmm . . .
Anyway, that's the reason for the utter lack of lore about her, post-Horde.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  23:02:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting.

Any chance you can find out whose unpublished story it was, my Lady?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  03:02:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Any chance you can find out whose unpublished story it was, my Lady?

-Or publish it, maybe? Yeah, yeah, I know it's impossible, but...It can't hurt to ask, right?

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  04:11:45  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm..she interested me the most in book 1 because of her sly and cunning attitude, but she still has a long way to go when it comes to magic lore.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  04:33:44  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by creyzi4zb12

Hmmm..she interested me the most in book 1 because of her sly and cunning attitude, but she still has a long way to go when it comes to magic lore.

-Well, the Tuigan weren't known for their magical prowess, and much as they were their numbers and horse-riding war tactics and all, so...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  04:43:08  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once I read about Kourmira, my first thought was that it would be fun to introduce Eke Bayalun Khadun as a villain in a campaign set in that region, especially if she managed to escape her dead magic "prison" that she was confined too. Its probably cliche at this point, but I could picture her as some kind of undead, though not a lich so much as perhaps some kind of restless spirit that's just trying to take apart Hubadai's new kingdom.
Go to Top of Page

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  11:22:52  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to picture her out as a Larva Mage...but she'd look bad in that. Mebbe just spin off a story that she mated with a sleeping sentient being on the hordelands (and only people with big enough magic can detect it).

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2009 :  16:40:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Banshee would fit her, but Hag is also a possibility, given their proliferance in the east.

Isn't there at least one Hag-type that has the banshee's wail? THAT would work... she did seem like a bit of a nag.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000