Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mephostopheles (Major "Shadowrealm" Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jordanz
Senior Scribe

556 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  21:21:29  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
MAJOR SHadow Realm (by Paul Kemp) spoilers Below !!!!

Ok so here's my question, is Mephostopheles now a god after devouring a portion of Mask's divinity from Erevis Cale?

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  00:46:26  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if he is one he couldn't be much of one since Riven handed him his you know what and told him that anywhere else except his realm he'd continue to do so. And yes I'm considering the power level that Riven now possesses. It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  01:22:22  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger
It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

I don't know what you are talking about, but regarding that quote, keep in mind that Asmodeus became a greater god by killing Azuth, a lesser god. I did not read Shadowrealm, or the other two, so sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  01:35:26  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger
It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

I don't know what you are talking about, but regarding that quote, keep in mind that Asmodeus became a greater god by killing Azuth, a lesser god. I did not read Shadowrealm, or the other two, so sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

It's kind of complicated, but given that one of the three that killed a "godling" still bows to the head of the Shade enclave leads me to believe that he's not that powerful?
As for the 4th ed ascension of Asmodeus to greater god, I'm afraid i have to throw the BS flag. Otherwise how come Orcus isn't a greater diety? He put a lot more powers in the dead book back in the day.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  02:17:46  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was kind of confused that he wanted this divine power. You would think an Arch devil would be along the lines of an Exarch already.
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

556 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  15:37:53  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing the laws of math don'necesarily apply to divine power. Bad guy steals a sliver of Masks power to become a "quasi" diety. I assume "quasi" means he's not even a demigod but a step below - the absolute bottom rung of divinity. Ok so now Cale, Riven , and Rivalen split this sliver of power three ways. Ok so know Mephostopheles gets that 1/3 of a sliver of power from Cale.... Well simple math would tell me Arch Devil+sliver of divine power > than Human with same sliver. Still there could be all sorts of mitagating factors. Perhaps as Chosen of Mask, Cale and Riven are more atrtuned to Masks power, thus they are more powerful in the end? But what is Riven now? A quasi diety - maybe on a Chosen of Mystra's level?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000