Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 3ed Sidhe sources?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  05:03:00  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been hunting for canon rules on 3ed Sidhe, so far the only thing I've found has been an elf with half-celestial template. Anyone seen or produced anything with more flair?

Thanks
Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  05:42:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a wonderful third party book put out by Bastion Press called Faeries. It's the best fae-related gamebook out there, and our own Steven Schend was one of the people who worked on it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  09:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, dozen of fey creatures have already been created in the various 3E sourcebooks, banshees, glaistig, rusalkas and whatnot. It really depends on those you look for specifically.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  12:42:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's a wonderful third party book put out by Bastion Press called Faeries. It's the best fae-related gamebook out there, and our own Steven Schend was one of the people who worked on it.

Just to expand a little on Wooly's reply...

Steven Schend, who partly edited the book, had this little bit to say:-

"For those interested in another take/option on Faerie, there is a D20 option from Bastion Press y'all might want to take a look at.....

Bryon Wischstadt, long-time Realms fanatic and all-around good guy, wrote this guide to Faerie (both the realm/plane and inhabitants) and yours truly edited it alongside him. As both of us (and Jim Butler, Bastion's president, CEO, and chief cook and bottle washer) all have a deep and abiding love for the Realms, there's nothing in there that wouldn't work in terms of using Faerie as a source for ancient elves (or other more modern threats). It's a mix of old folklore and modern conceptions of Faerie and even stats up Old Man Winter, Father Time, and Father Christmas if you want such.

Steven
Who apologizes profusely for plugging a product but it seems relevant to the discussion at hand"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  12:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Thanks greatly to you all, I will definitely check this book out.

Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  13:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I would promote anything 4E without being dragged to the keyboard with white-hot irons, this much-demanded, utter necessity will be out next month, something every decent fantasy-addict craved for ...

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Products/Default.aspx?doc=239887200

On a more somber note, if you are really into this, one of the finest real world books on the matter is James MacKillop's Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Mythology.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  16:30:04  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Fey Feature which ran from December '02 to August '04.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  16:32:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Hey, I didn't know about that column.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000