Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Drizzt Do'Urden
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mysilentscreaming
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  20:48:48  Show Profile  Visit mysilentscreaming's Homepage Send mysilentscreaming a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering how old he would currently be?

Pandora
Learned Scribe

Germany
305 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  21:08:54  Show Profile  Visit Pandora's Homepage Send Pandora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that would depend largely on the year you are in now.

If you cant say what youre meaning,
you can never mean what youre saying.

- Centauri Minister of Intelligence, Babylon 5
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  21:10:16  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pre or post spellplaque?

pre, in his 70's
post, in his 170's

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

mysilentscreaming
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  21:13:05  Show Profile  Visit mysilentscreaming's Homepage Send mysilentscreaming a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I would love to know how old he is in the most recent book. And if I could get exact age, that would be great. I know this is a kinda strange question but I would really love to know.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  22:00:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His revised date of birth is 1297.

O Love's Novels Timeline.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  06:58:14  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out the chronology in my signature for the time details that are actually in the books, which help us to answer this sort of question best:
  • Drizzt appears to have actually been born in early 1298 DR, perhaps some time in late winter (Homeland).

• The most recent Drizzt book, The Pirate King, appears to take place in autumn, 1376 DR, through spring, 1377 DR.

This would seem to make Drizzt 79 years old by the end of that novel (1377 DR - 1298 DR = 79 years).

Add a year to that for WOTC's official answer: 80 years old.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  11:10:03  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, it is somewhat annoying to know that since he made the jump to the 4E Realms, he'll survive all the upcoming Drizzt-novels up to that date. Meet Mr. Invincible.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  13:27:26  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Of course, it is somewhat annoying to know that since he made the jump to the 4E Realms, he'll survive all the upcoming Drizzt-novels up to that date. Meet Mr. Invincible.

Kind of has to be Invincible when he is also Mr.Marketable.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000