Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The REAL reason for Mystra's death
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:27:48  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Bah, he's a vestige now, not even a good one. What could possibly happen? Anyway, I just picture Karsus as really powerful, really smart, but not very wise. So, he would not make a good god of magic IMO.

-I am not a vestige. The Tome of Magic is not Forgotten Realms canon. The great Archmage without peer is indeed powerful, smart, wise, charismatic, and extremely handsome.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:31:47  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Btw: Does anybody know why his stone corpse wasn't transported to the Astral Morgue like all other dead divinities? Is that something to do with his "home plane" being Toril?

-When Mystryl killed herself, and in doing so, cut off my connection to her abruptly, I was both man and deity. This is the reason why the ruins of Karse exist, why the Karse stone exists, and why I am a tripartite entity. What do you (ie, the laws of nature) do with an entity that is both man and deity at the same time? The laws of nature did not know either, and as such, things are the way that they are. KtM's out there, I'm out there, and our third aspect is running around out there somewhere as well. There have been numerous clamors over the years, but these invariably turn out to be either imposters, or clones. Many, many clones. We've deduced that our third aspect is a Beholder Mage, though. Other than that, we have yet to find him.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:32:11  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:

Bah, he's a vestige now, not even a good one. What could possibly happen? Anyway, I just picture Karsus as really powerful, really smart, but not very wise. So, he would not make a good god of magic IMO.

-I am not a vestige. The Tome of Magic is not Forgotten Realms canon. The great Archmage without peer is indeed powerful, smart, wise, charismatic, and extremely handsome.

Don't forget humble. Aye, a real meek one, that archmage is! Why, just the other da- *ZOT*

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:32:17  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:

and dead
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:32:23  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Hey thats not your persona here D. It might be somewhere else.

-Just like This is my persona over here, and well I know it would probably give Markus a Major Headache (Along with the Mods) if my other persona was to come visit for awhile. Who I plan on keeping locked away.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 14 Nov 2008 19:35:18
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:38:13  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

and dead

-No, not dead. Pesudo-dead, pseudo-alive. If I were dead, that would be very nice. No, it's our lot to suffer for all of eternity because of Mystryl.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:38:36  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-Do you need a big hug? Candlekeep group hug for Merrick!

BRIMSTONE

alright, which one of you clowns grabbed me inappropriately?

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  19:38:54  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Don't forget humble. Aye, a real meek one, that archmage is! Why, just the other da- *ZOT*

-When you've got it, flaunt it.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2008 :  23:29:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahem. Maybe we could find our ways back to the topic, eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2008 :  01:01:01  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the real reason mystra died, because someone or someones griped to much and the devs got tired of it and offed her, personally, i wished cyric would of died in dweomerheart along with her in a cruel jest of irony.

but no, they couldnt even say AO let out some gas from his nether section.....

Oh all powerful and knowing The SAge, i think the topic is gone, but it may just be me.

Dinner Time

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000