Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Pharaun Mizzrym, WOTSQ Spoiler!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Abs92
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  03:08:52  Show Profile  Visit Abs92's Homepage Send Abs92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I think someone should write a new novel and bring back Pharaun from War of the Spider Queen. I really liked his character and would love a novel about his adventures

"Strange evolution how people have come to believe that we are its greatest achievement when really we're just a collection of cells overrating themselves hello god I'm avoiding the truth."

Edited by - Abs92 on 23 Oct 2008 00:53:31

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  08:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AUTHOR's EDIT: WAR OF THE SPIDER QUEEN SPOILER!!!!!!!

Yup, that's why you keep a finger of your dead beloved around...resurrection, HOOOooo!!!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Arion Elenim on 22 Oct 2008 16:47:45
Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  08:33:53  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He does not appear in, but is closely tied into Thomas Reid's Empyrean Odyssey trilogy.

He may appear in book two, which is out this winter.

I can't say more without spoilers.

quote:
Originally posted by Abs92

I think someone should write a new novel and bring back Pharaun from War of the Spider Queen. I really liked his character and would love a novel about his adventures

Edited by - Ranak on 22 Oct 2008 08:34:19
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  11:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

He does not appear in, but is closely tied into Thomas Reid's Empyrean Odyssey trilogy.

He may appear in book two, which is out this winter.

I can't say more without spoilers.

quote:

I hope he does, even if it's only flashback scenes.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  14:31:25  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't see why she would go to all the trouble finding his bone , and not doing something with it at some point!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Abs92
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  00:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Abs92's Homepage Send Abs92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what I was thinking when she goes and picks out his finger, but I thought she would at least give some sort of inkling that she was going to do something with it, like a resurrection and such, and if anyone has read the novels about Halisstra after WSQ, Let me no if they are any good, I just picked up the first one but haven't started it.

"Strange evolution how people have come to believe that we are its greatest achievement when really we're just a collection of cells overrating themselves hello god I'm avoiding the truth."
Go to Top of Page

mnb128
Learned Scribe

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  02:25:46  Show Profile  Visit mnb128's Homepage Send mnb128 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think one of Wizard's goals at the end of WotSQ was to leave as many avenues open as possible for branching story lines. Obviously we know it's worked with Hallistra, Vhok and Aliiza (sp?). They also left behind Pharaun's finger. Valas Hune is still wandering about. Nimor is still with the Jaezred and so on. Let's remember it wasn't Thomas M. Reid that left Pharaun's finger behind. It was Paul S. Kemp. I'd like to see him come back, but not just for a cameo. I'd like to see him come back with a flourish and do something monumental.

As far as Hallistra's trilogy is concerned, for me the first one was probably the best of the bunch. The others were entertaining but not outstanding. Definitely worth the read in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Hordak
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  13:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Hordak's Homepage Send Hordak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put down the series after the second book. Loved the first one, but could really feel that it was two different authors and imo Richard lee byers had Pharaun just right.

If Pharaun does get a solo series I really hope that it's Richard lee Byers that gets to be the author.

You're so dull
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  18:43:00  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i would love to see more of nimor.i thought he was the most interesting character in the series.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Abs92
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  20:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Abs92's Homepage Send Abs92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Nimor too, he was awesome, and there is definitely room for more work around the Jaezred Chaulssin guys, that group is awesome, half dragon half drow males slowly over the centuries capturing cities in the underdark, i think that a novel or two in their direction would be great

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  23:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
...and if anyone has read the novels about Halisstra after WSQ, Let me no if they are any good, I just picked up the first one but haven't started it.

The Lady Penitent trilogy was written with the obvious goal (from WotC) of changing around the drow pantheon (to put it mildly), likely in preparation for 4E changes to the setting.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

mnb128
Learned Scribe

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  03:36:46  Show Profile  Visit mnb128's Homepage Send mnb128 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

i would love to see more of nimor.i thought he was the most interesting character in the series.

Agreed. Definitely the most intriguing character in the series in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  07:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought Pharaun was real cool but I got stuck on Gromph. That series gave him some more definition on the writing side of the house. But back to Pharaun. I am holding my breath on the Odyssey trilogy. I don't know for sure but I kinda expect to see him pop up some where. Mind that I have nothing to base this off of. I just feel the weave telling me so. :)

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  13:57:11  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hordak

I put down the series after the second book. Loved the first one, but could really feel that it was two different authors and imo Richard lee byers had Pharaun just right.

If Pharaun does get a solo series I really hope that it's Richard lee Byers that gets to be the author.

I did the same, I just can't bring myself to buy the last book!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Abs92
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  17:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Abs92's Homepage Send Abs92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yea, a novel about Gromph would be cool too, I thought the sections in the book about him were really exciting, hes a good character too, arrogant, but extremely powerful, his fight with the Dyrr Lich and Nimor was awesome.

Go to Top of Page

mnb128
Learned Scribe

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  21:39:36  Show Profile  Visit mnb128's Homepage Send mnb128 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

yea, a novel about Gromph would be cool too, I thought the sections in the book about him were really exciting, hes a good character too, arrogant, but extremely powerful, his fight with the Dyrr Lich and Nimor was awesome.

I was actually disappointed with the fight between Gromph and Dyrr. It just kept going and going and going. I can't recall for certain but I seem to remember it lasting almost an entire book. I remember thinking to myself that I couldn't wait for it to be over, so the story could move on. Not poor writing, just too long.
Go to Top of Page

Abs92
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  00:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Abs92's Homepage Send Abs92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yea ill agree with it being kind of long but it was definitely exciting, it kept me reading to see what was going to happen next and yea if I remember correctly it did last a long time, multiple chapters, it kept jumping back and forth, but it was a good one. The one thing I found odd was the ring Gromph wears that regenerates wounds and such must have been extremely powerful, it saves his life on more than one occasion

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  01:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see him return as the faceless mage from the dark elf trilogy! Acid = fun!!!! :D

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  03:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mnb128

[quote]Originally posted by Abs92
I was actually disappointed with the fight between Gromph and Dyrr. It just kept going and going and going. I can't recall for certain but I seem to remember it lasting almost an entire book. I remember thinking to myself that I couldn't wait for it to be over, so the story could move on. Not poor writing, just too long.

Agreed. The real thing that bothered me was how Gromph seemed to really muddle through the series. I mean he was constantly getting worked over or made to look dumb, yet somehow he came through at the end. The character was probably played by a DM's boyfriend or something and got preferential treatment.

I must say I was really rooting for...Dyrr's wards to take out Gromph at the end.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  04:00:06  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I like Nimor too, he was awesome, and there is definitely room for more work around the Jaezred Chaulssin guys, that group is awesome, half dragon half drow males slowly over the centuries capturing cities in the underdark, i think that a novel or two in their direction would be great

I truly hope there is a series about the Jaezred Chaulssin. I love the entire concept of havin a rivalry between Lloth and some other Drow deity (if one should surface amongst all the chaos). Nimor was the BOMB in WotSQ. The other members of the Jaezred Chaulssin had a small part to play in the mini series, yet they were off the chain. I truly hope they get their own series soon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000