Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Monday Musings 9/22: Angharradh and the Seldarine
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:05:30  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here’s the first installment of my Monday Musings series. Special thanks go out to Erik Scott de Bie for helping me clear up a couple of issues, and to Ed Greenwood for giving this piece and the project overall a hearty thumbs-up. For more information about the series and the ground rules, please check this thread.

Author’s note: Use of the collective "elves," "Fair Folk," and "People" (in capitalized form) in this text refer to the elven peoples as a whole prior to the Descent, and to both elves and eladrin after than event.

Please have fun with this information, and feel free to modify it as necessary to fit your own conception of the Realms. That is, after all, the point.

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Angharradh and the Seldarine

In the Year of the Ageless One, the gods of the elves remain much as they always were: a gathering known collectively as the Seldarine with the creator god Corellon at their head. The Spellplague wrought changes in the planes and among the relative power of elven divinities, but only five elven deities were truly transformed by the reordering of the cosmos: Rillifane Rallithil, Aerdrie Faenya, Hanali Celanil, Sehanine Moonbow, and Angharradh, the Queen of Arvandor.

Rillifane Rallathil
Long a retiring and disinterested deity, Rillifane grew more distant as the years brought the Fair Folk away from the ravages of the Spellplague and may forests they once inhabited became uninhabitable. When the planes settled in the wake of the Blue Fire and Faerie returned to touch Toril, an overjoyed Rillifane forsook the world for a time and walked the ancient Feywild. So much time did he spend there, divorced from his followers and allies among the Seldarine, that he abandoned both Arvandor and the divine sphere, passing his worship to Silvanus (who had been slowly encroaching on his influence in his absence). No longer a deity, Rillifane persists as an independent consciousness deep in the Feywild, and will occasionally manifest as a tree-spirit in wild and dangerous places to ward off interlopers, intruders, or hapless wanderers.

Aerdrie Faenya
The elves have long revered the open sky, the caressing wind, the dancing of clouds. They also respect the furious winds that can topple trees and turn away skillfully-shot arrows. Aerdrie Faenya is the name they gave in ages past to the embodiment of the winds, a beautiful, aloof elf-maid that rode currents of air like a willful leaf. They gave prayers to the unhearing wind, and an unsuspecting People saw some of them answered; the elemental primordial being Akadi had accepted these prayers, investing her with an important swell of divine power.

Revealed as an aspect of Akadi only when the Queen of Air struggled to maintain her domain as the heavens themselves reordered themselves, Aerdrie Faenya is something of an anomaly among Angharradh’s former constituent goddesses. While Akadi is capricious almost to the point of ignoring her worshipers, Aerdrie more often responds to the prayers of lay followers, sending dreams and signs to elves (especially avariel) who call to her. Some believe that “Aerdrie” may split off from Akadi, given sufficient worship, becoming an exarch in the service of both the Queen of Air and the Seldarine—finally giving an independent will to the elven goddess of wind.

Hanali Celanil
When elves first came to Toril, they took with them most of their deities. Hanali Celani, embodiment of elven love and beauty, came as well, her pale skin and glowing red hair shining gloriously, though not so brightly as the love she bore for the People.

Jealous Araunshee (now Lolth) saw that Corellon admired the beauty of Hanali, and feared that her mate might abandon her as his consort and choose Lady Goldheart as a replacement. Even before she betrayed her lord, Araunshee feigned sisterhood and struck Hanali down with a poisoned kiss. Lady Goldhear—alone at the pools of Evergold—could not rely on any of the Seldarine for aid.

Sune happened on Hanali as her essence was fading, already too late to truly save the elven goddess. Instead, they struck a bargain. Hanali would live on in Sune, and that Sune would maintain a presence in her name, and promote the beauty the People cherished most: natural, unspoiled art; kindness; and honest love. Most importantly, Sune promised that Araunshee would not gain the satisfaction of Hanali’s death or the power over elven love that she sought to twist Corellon’s heart to her will. This guise meant failure for Lolth in attempting to subvert the lord of the Seldarine with love, leading the dark goddess to attempt to overthrow him by force. Sune did not reveal her masquerade to anyone, not even Corellon or the other members of the Seldarine.

Following the death of Helm during her arrangement of Tyr’s betrothal to Tymora, Sune abandoned her game of setting human and elven beauty against one another, and now works through her elven followers to promote beauty overall, and an appreciation of the loveliness that can be created by other races as well as one’s own. Shortly after, when the Spellplague forced the gods to draw into themselves in order to preserve their very existence, Hanali’s role as an aspect of Sune was revealed. In memory of her friend, Sune has erected a great, heart-shaped grove of gold-leafed trees in the Feywild, at the center of which is a pool where one can look in and see the face of their truest love. It is said that this grove moves each time it is visited, and its current location is rumored to exist in the portion of the Feywild that corresponds to the High Forest.

Sehanine Moonbow and the Queen of Arvandor
When the elves first crossed from Faerie, it was a long and arduous road, and not all dared the journey. Those that remained clung to the worship of the moon goddess Sehanine, who stayed behind, a constant reminder in the night sky that the Seldarine forever watched their followers.

As they walked the lands of Faerûn, the elves looked to the heavens for guidance, and Selûne smiled back down at them. The elves, however, named her Sehanine, and sent the same prayers to her that they did in their former lands. Selûne accepted their worship, and gave them what guidance she could, and answered what prayers she was able.

Shortly before the treason of Araunshee, Corellon came to Selûne, asking her to maintain the façade of Sehanine for as long as was necessary to bridge Faerûn and Faerie and bring the rest of his People to him. Neither knew what Araunshee planned, or that the task would take so long to truly complete.

When Corellon was struck down in Araunshee’s rebellion, Selûne (in the form of Sehanine) combined with Aerdrie (Akadi) and Hanali (Sune) in the triune goddess known as Angharradh. This being was not merely the joined wills of the three divine entities, but also the means by which the true Sehanine’s will could be realized on Toril; their combined power, and the prevailing will of Selûne’s aspect, permitted the Queen of Arvandor to touch this plane, if for a short time, and enact her will among her people.

Until the Spellplague, and the revelation that the Three that composed Angharradh were actually non-elven deities, the Queen of Arvandor could only view her People when the Triune Goddess manifested and channeled the will of their lost goddess. Now that Faerie touches Toril once again, the Queen of Arvandor need no longer divide her attentions between her People, nor must she rely on the kindness of other goddess to manifest within the Realms. She has resumed her rightful place at Corellon’s side in Arvandor, and regularly walks the wilds of Faerie, listening to the echoes of centuries of separation from so many elves.

Angharradh’s only true enemy in all of the godly domains is Lolth, whose evil her power was created to oppose. Since the true return of Angharradh, her followers have adopted a new holy symbol; like those of Corellon and Lolth, it is a silver, eight-pointed star, but the left and right points each are joined to the bottom by gracefully sloping arcs, evoking (without duplicating) the triangular symbol of the combined goddess. The gem that centers the star is blue.

Matters of Faith
In the echoes of the Year of Blue Fire, with the Three standing revealed as aspects of non-elven powers—one of them a primordial rather than a deity—great confusion ensued among the elves of Faerûn. There are more living elves that remember Angharradh as a Triune Goddes combined of the essences of Aerdrie Faenya, Hanali Celanil, and Sehanine Moonbow than there are those born after the revelation.

On her arrival in Toril’s sphere Angharradh offered a vision to her followers. Each of the Three Who Were One transformed from her elven aspect to the human (or primordial), offering a crown to the Queen of Arvandor: Aerdrie’s of feathers, Hanali’s of gold, and Sehanine’s of moon-brightened silver. Angharradh’s stature increased and she embraced the Three as sisters before mounting a throne of living wood beside Corellon.

Many of the worshippers of the Triune Goddess turned from the faith of their constituent goddess directly to Angharradh, but others stayed as well, creating an influx of elven faithful within the three churches. Now elven airwalkers, heartwarders and silverstars stand beside humans (and other, less likely races), and the circle singers—priests and priestesses of Angharradh—weave ballads of the return of Corellon’s queen. None now consider any of the Three as aspects of Angharradh, the Queen of Arvandor having been elevated to her rightful place as a deity of her own, possessed of a will, a power, and a church in her own name.

Note to Players and DMs
Obviously, this represents a different picture of the Seldarine than existed in the 3E Realms. Since it’s more likely that elven PCs have survived to the Year of the Ageless One than any other race, here are some quick tips for changing your character’s worship over.

-Worshippers of Rillifane Rallathil now follow Silvanus, although some few have shifted to the worship of Mielikki. They are often druids (a class not yet detailed), though clerics and rangers are common as well. Once released, Rillifane’s followers would choose classes of the primal power source at least as often as the divine power source.

-Worshipers of Angharradh can continue to follow her, or shift to the aspect they previously worshiped, as detailed below.

-Worshippers of Aerdrie Faenya now follow Akadi or Angharradh. Rangers are a large minority among those that follow Akadi, and both groups claim a small gathering of clerics that prefer the angelic avenger paragon path, and seek out the followers of Lolth.

-Worshippers of Hanali Celanil now almost exclusively follow Sune. Clerics overwhelmingly choose the heartwarder paragon path, while paladins prefer the hospitaler path.

-Worshippers of Sehanine Moonbow now follow Selûne or Angharradh. Those that choose Selûne nearly always pursue the silverstar paragon path. Those that follow Angharradh are often paladins rather than clerics, and choose the astral weapon paragon path to better oppose the machinations of Lolth.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:27:17  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is fantastic stuff! Thanks so much!

Do you think the incarnation of Rillifane Rallathil is a good candidate to be one of the "ancient, amoral powers of the Feywild" that grant Fey Pact Warlocks their spells? I can imagine an odd sort of secular priesthood of warlocks, some former priests or druids who decided that their loyalty lay with the being rather than the portfolio, if that makes sense. Their relationship with other former followers of Rallathil, and with the current worshipers of Silvanus, could be fascinating.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.

Edited by - Christopher_Rowe on 22 Sep 2008 18:42:19
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:28:09  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PS It is just me and my browser, or does anybody else see emblems of question marks within diamonds where you would expect certain non-alphabetic characters in this thread?

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe
This is fantastic stuff! Thanks so much!
Believe me, it was my pleasure.
quote:
Do you think the incarnation of Rillifane Rallathil is a good candidate to be one of the "ancient, amoral powers of the Feywild" that grant Fey Pact Warlocks their spells? I can imagine an odd sort of secular priesthood of warlocks, some former priests or druids who decided that their loyalty lay with the being rather than the portfolio, if that makes sense. Their relationship with other former followers of Rallathil, and with the current worshipers of Silvanus, could be fascinating.
I think Rillifane works perfectly as one of the patrons for fey warlocks. Certainly there are elves and eladrin that, in the wake of the Spellplague, would have found themselves more connected to the wild, primal call of Rillifane than they were to the faith of Silvanus, and I think the fey warlock path is a great way of portraying that devotion in game terms.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  19:44:11  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal
I think Rillifane works perfectly as one of the patrons for fey warlocks. Certainly there are elves and eladrin that, in the wake of the Spellplague, would have found themselves more connected to the wild, primal call of Rillifane than they were to the faith of Silvanus, and I think the fey warlock path is a great way of portraying that devotion in game terms.

Add some "how this affect your play in the Realms" parts to it and submit that stuff to the D&Di .
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  21:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic
Add some "how this affect your play in the Realms" parts to it and submit that stuff to the D&Di .
I have some other projects I'm pitching for Dragon this week. The content of the Musings is specifically designed to cover things that I'm already fairly certain isn't what WotC is looking to publish in their ongoing Realms coverage--at least not until the secure portion of D&DI is up, running, and costs.

Look at it this way, though: they don't want it, so now everybody gets it for free! ;)
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  00:17:41  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sehinine/Angharradh portion is probably my favorite, as it essentially preserves the "classic" Sehinine by having her step into Angharradh's position. I also like that at least there was a Hanali at one point in time, and that much of this is tied to the original crossing from Faerie.

Very nice work Garen.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  01:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Very nice work Garen.

Hear hear!

This turned out great, BC.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  02:13:33  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great work Garen! How long do we have to wait for more?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  02:45:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe--if his original plan is to be upheld--we're on track to see Mulhorandi next Monday.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  03:01:23  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Great work Garen! How long do we have to wait for more?
I am glad you like it.

The current plan is every week--every other week if I fall behind or other (ahem, paying) projects get in the way. I'm trying to keep them short in order to maintain this ambitious schedule and to keep the lore manageable; the deeper I delve, the more chance there is I'll do something that doesn't wind up working.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  13:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good stuff, Garen. Like the Knight Errant, i like too much of Hanali and Sehanine texts. Wonderful scroll!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  13:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome work, Garen! That really helps me get a handle on Angharradh. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  14:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simply great!
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:04:19  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I like (no offense, 3e only fan here) about that lore is Hanali being discreetly replaced by Sune as it gives me an excuse to allow CG elven paladins in my campaign under the same exception provided for Sune.

Aside from that, Aerdrie will still be her own goddess and Sehanine won't have remained behind during the migration to Toril... so 2 out of the 3 goddesses needed to manifest Angharradh will still be quite elven and the third no one knows except as meta-game knowledge.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:12:36  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

The only thing I like (no offense, 3e only fan here) about that lore is Hanali being discreetly replaced by Sune as it gives me an excuse to allow CG elven paladins in my campaign under the same exception provided for Sune.

Aside from that, Aerdrie will still be her own goddess and Sehanine won't have remained behind during the migration to Toril... so 2 out of the 3 goddesses needed to manifest Angharradh will still be quite elven and the third no one knows except as meta-game knowledge.
Nerfed2Hell, I understand your position and desire to keep with what came before. I should probably reiterate, however, that the whole purpose of these Musings is to take things that are official lore for the Fourth Edition Realms and bring them into line with what was already available in Third Edition (and previous).

In 4E (per FRCG), Hanali is an aspect of Sune, Aerdrie of Akadi, and Sehanine of Selûne. As such, those were the constraints under which I have to work. Angharradh is a goddess of her own, now, and this specific Musing is meant to interpret, from a Realms-consistent standpoint, how that came to pass.

Obviously, for most people sticking with 3E and the pre-1385 FR, this Realmslore is of limited utility. I am pleased that, as a 3E fan, you're still finding some use for this lore. I don't expect every Musing to have that effect, but if you got anything at all out of this piece--even if its just an excuse to allow a rules artifact to carry over--then I'm happy.

BC
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh no, I get it... I was just stating that, while I don't like the changes brought on by the D&D 4e or the post-spellplague FR, I liked this bit of lore (one piece of it, anyhow) and how I can use to to improve my own 3e campaign. My comment wasn't about tearing down the new edition or how the whole of this lore as presented was written... and I wanted to take something --everything about 4e as a whole-- that I consider a negative and take something positive from it for my own campaign.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.

Edited by - Nerfed2Hell on 23 Sep 2008 15:22:15
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:24:03  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is brilliant! I am e-mailing this link to my players. You have my thanks Garen.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:34:05  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least now we have one possible explanation as to why the heck Angarradh still exists.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  18:33:25  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work...
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  21:05:55  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice adaptation for those moving on into 4e.

But in my campaign, I cannot imagine my green elves following Silvanus. If Rillifane were to withdraw from activity, their devotion would pass to Emmantiensien, the Treant-King, as they are far more engaged with the fey than with short-lived humans.

Then again, I also have my own notion of whom Araushnee stole Corellon's heart from, and it wasn't Hanali...
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  21:16:54  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vangelor
Then again, I also have my own notion of whom Araushnee stole Corellon's heart from, and it wasn't Hanali...
Ahh, but Araunshee was Corellon's first consort. She didn't steal Corellon from from anyone; she betrayed Corellon and lost his affections, which thereafter turned to more loyal elven goddesses...
Go to Top of Page

Rafe Hasbrouck
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  01:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Rafe Hasbrouck's Homepage Send Rafe Hasbrouck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great read! Looking forward to the next installment.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  01:12:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ahh, but Araunshee was Corellon's first consort. She didn't steal Corellon from from anyone; she betrayed Corellon and lost his affections, which thereafter turned to more loyal elven goddesses...

Grr. Those pointy-eared home-wreckers.

(All Hail Lolth!)

Ahem. Sorry.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  03:24:25  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is excellent. Thanks for taking time to post. Keep it up
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  10:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magnificent!

This is truly an outstanding and inspired piece of work. Well done and thanks for sharing so selflessly.

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  19:19:32  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to spoil the lovely mood created by everyone's praise (which is, frankly, a tiny bit overwhelming), I'd like to pose a couple of questions of my own:

1) Given the existing lore (3E AND 4E), what might folks have done differently?

and

2) What questions do you have about the state of the Seldarine in 1479DR that weren't adequately addressed by the Musing?
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  21:58:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not to spoil the lovely mood created by everyone's praise (which is, frankly, a tiny bit overwhelming), I'd like to pose a couple of questions of my own:

1) Given the existing lore (3E AND 4E), what might folks have done differently?

and

2) What questions do you have about the state of the Seldarine in 1479DR that weren't adequately addressed by the Musing?

1) nothing

2) None, I found your work more than adequate, time for more of your musings!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  22:12:11  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick comment. If you get to Finder and decide to remove him from play (Permanently), could you at least give him one great heroic moment so he can be remembered. Rich said he was going to be an Exarch of Tymora or Oghma, but this was before the final product. I would like him to live, but it doesn't seem likely.

Also I can see the Mulhordi Pantheon being transported to Abeir, so what effect would that have on them.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  00:30:08  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

Just a quick comment. If you get to Finder and decide to remove him from play (Permanently), could you at least give him one great heroic moment so he can be remembered. Rich said he was going to be an Exarch of Tymora or Oghma, but this was before the final product. I would like him to live, but it doesn't seem likely.
Given that I consider the Wyvernspurs (in particular Giogi, Cat and Finder) to be proprietary characters of Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak, it's unlikely that I'll be covering Finder at all. I may mention Finder in passing, but I won't comment on his final fate just now, because I don't feel as though it's mine to determine.
quote:
Also I can see the Mulhordi Pantheon being transported to Abeir, so what effect would that have on them.
I'll be getting to the Mulhorandi pantheon next week, unless something else comes up in the interim. It will touch on their fates, both as divinities and as legendary figures in the Realms, not all of whom (so far as their former worshipers are concerned) are entirely gone...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000