Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FRPG 4ed - Now with more Crunch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pandora
Learned Scribe

Germany
305 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  18:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Pandora's Homepage Send Pandora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Iliphar1

I had a look at the 4th edition CS.
After reading it, it convinced me not to change to 4th edition. That is just ridiculous, what has happened with the realms???

Can anybody explain me, what they are doing to my beloved realms???

I would suggest you perform a search of Candlekeep for scrolls specifically dedicated to elaborate 4e FR chatter.

Off topic, but maybe a good suggestion: It might be worth to sum up the changes of:
a) 3e -> 4e and
b) 3e FR -> 4e FR and maybe even ...
c) 3e -> Pathfinder.
in one thread (each a separate topic) and stick that somewhere for easy referencing. Obviously the changes have been too big to describe in detail. This needs to be done by someone who has some experience in both systems and is able to describe it without judging it and obviously it needs to be locked to prevent it becoming yet another system discussion.

If you cant say what youre meaning,
you can never mean what youre saying.

- Centauri Minister of Intelligence, Babylon 5
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  22:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

There will be a bladesinger soon enough. I promise :)

Wow, that“s very good!!!

Thanks, Eytan!

Only one question? It“s Realms related, or Core related? (ok, in 4th Edition this don“t matter much, but I want to know, anyway)

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  01:46:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pandora

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Iliphar1

I had a look at the 4th edition CS.
After reading it, it convinced me not to change to 4th edition. That is just ridiculous, what has happened with the realms???

Can anybody explain me, what they are doing to my beloved realms???

I would suggest you perform a search of Candlekeep for scrolls specifically dedicated to elaborate 4e FR chatter.

Off topic, but maybe a good suggestion: It might be worth to sum up the changes of:
a) 3e -> 4e and
b) 3e FR -> 4e FR and maybe even ...
c) 3e -> Pathfinder.
in one thread (each a separate topic) and stick that somewhere for easy referencing. Obviously the changes have been too big to describe in detail. This needs to be done by someone who has some experience in both systems and is able to describe it without judging it and obviously it needs to be locked to prevent it becoming yet another system discussion.

I have thought about this. But it's just finding the time to sit down and sift through all the various scrolls in an attempt to collect all the significant info. I don't have the time at the moment, unfortunately.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  05:08:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by Ranak
Paragon Paths:

Silverstar

Is this a class for the tel'Teukiira? Silverstar is an alternate name for their group, so I wondered.....

Steven

Unfortunately no. These are followers of Selūne.

And it's a name that dates back at least as far as early 3E material. One of my Lords of Waterdeep (Terielle Nashirn, the werecat thief-turned-priestess of Selūne, covered in the Candlekeep Compendium, Volume V) is a member of this PrC. As I recall, it appeared in Dragon first, and then in the PGtF.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  23:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

There will be a bladesinger soon enough. I promise :)

Oh yes. All that was needed! Another go at the old D&D Elven Fighter/Mage concept. One swordmage is not enough ... given that loads of other stuff will remain uncovered. Of course, they'd done that to death with classes and prestige classes in 3E, no wonder it will be done in 4E too.

On a sidenote, regarding the new Paragon Paths a.k.a. "prestige classes" ... are those 6 things and the name all that you get along the 10 levels then? HD/level based normal stuff aside?

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 26 Sep 2008 23:09:33
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  23:34:14  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan
On a sidenote, regarding the new Paragon Paths a.k.a. "prestige classes" ... are those 6 things and the name all that you get along the 10 levels then? HD/level based normal stuff aside?

PPs are not PrCs, there are add-ons, not class replacement.

Same goes for Epic Destinies.

Edited by - Skeptic on 26 Sep 2008 23:34:29
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  23:48:09  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

[quote]

We're mainly using them as role-playing concepts. But in terms of stats and powers and so on, I guess. Of course, in 4E, everything's kind of interconnected so you can't necessarily predict how different powers and feats and so on are going to interact with one another unless you sit down to do "builds" or whatever (which isn't really my groups cuppa). So I suppose it's possible there's more than meets the eye in terms of what "you get" when you choose a Paragon Path.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  23:11:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

PPs are not PrCs...

Have I ever mentioned here how much I LOVE the term "PP"?

Anyway, it's true that PPs (*snicker*!) and EDs aren't technically classes, but they kind of act as a 4E equivalent of the old prestige classes (and kits, for that matter).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 28 Sep 2008 23:12:43
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  00:15:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

PPs are not PrCs...

Have I ever mentioned here how much I LOVE the term "PP"?

Anyway, it's true that PPs (*snicker*!) and EDs aren't technically classes, but they kind of act as a 4E equivalent of the old prestige classes (and kits, for that matter).

Which -- kits or PrCs? Kits were essentially bolt-ons, while PrCs were actual class variants.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  02:56:46  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say that it's closer to a kit than a prestige class.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  23:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Which -- kits or PrCs?

Both, I think. But that's just how I see it. Just to be clear, I was using the term "equivalent" loosely, if that makes any sense.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 29 Sep 2008 23:56:24
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2008 :  11:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's the new "Coke"

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  03:13:08  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So since the last post, EytanBernstein said that the Bladesinger will be out soon for 4e. Well, we've already had our Arcane Powers book come out and there won't be another one til 2010. So what gives?

As a side note, in the Monster Manual 2, there is an eladrin bladesinger featured so I hope that wasn't what he was mentioning.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  03:34:04  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

So since the last post, EytanBernstein said that the Bladesinger will be out soon for 4e. Well, we've already had our Arcane Powers book come out and there won't be another one til 2010. So what gives?

As a side note, in the Monster Manual 2, there is an eladrin bladesinger featured so I hope that wasn't what he was mentioning.

Diffan, you may want to ask Eytan on this scroll.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  09:13:55  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

They switched to a thinner paper, even though it is the same 160 page length as some 3E books, it feels and looks incredibly thin.

Damn! So you can't even use it as emergency toilet paper.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

Edited by - Kiaransalyn on 19 Aug 2009 09:17:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000