Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Community Project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  03:47:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It don't matter to me if you have a electronic version, as long as you think you can manage to find the material from it. :)

Let me finish adding Fillow's entries and I'll send you the files I have so far. Most of the work is done for you by now, less the pages you are assigned have entries we've missed, which would probably be the case with NPCs.

But give me a day to finish these and I'll contact you with an update on what pages we need finished from the 1st book, or I'll assign pages from the DM's book.

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

I just downloaded the .pdf of the gray box from Paizo (and of the '93 2nd edition box, and of several other things--that place is dangerous!). I must admit I'm not entirely sure what y'all are doing. Building a detailed index, sounds like, but I'm not sure what the actual work process is.

Anyway, I'd be happy to help out a bit if somebody just tells me what to do (and if working from the .pdf instead of from print is okay).

Cheers,

Christopher

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  05:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Mark was doing the last pages from page 76 to the end of the book.

Do you want me to take these pages Kuje ?
Because of my "schedule", ten pages a week is a good ratio for me.
So, if I keep the twenty last pages of the cyc, I'm not sure I will be able to produce the files within a week.
If Christopher is allright to process the pages 87 to 96... I will process the previous ones.

Let's begin with the 76 to 86 pages.
Ok for you Kuje ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  06:01:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure, split them between yourselves and then once finished with the 1st book, I can send the files to Alaundo for safe keeping while we work on the DM's book. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  13:34:46  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okeydoke. When you get your head above water, just send me the files and, if their contents aren't fairly self-explanatory, some kind of instruction sheet

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I just went back and checked this. Fillow, I'll go ahead with 87 through 96, no need to reply to my PM.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  20:03:12  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok for me.
P.76 to 86
I send you the files next week-end Kuje !

Thanks for helping Christopher.

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  01:28:16  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, these map keys are a ton of fun, aren't they?

Anybody know what a Westgate map location in first edition keyed as "Polol: 'The Lords' Water" might be? Looks like it might be a pond in a park or something, kind of between Castles Thorsar and Urdo, right up against the city wall opposite the harbor. I'm just trying to figure out how to index it.

Edited by - Christopher_Rowe on 23 Sep 2008 01:29:00
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  02:07:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's so many places on the map keys that have never been detailed. :(

quote:

Dang, these map keys are a ton of fun, aren't they?

Anybody know what a Westgate map location in first edition keyed as "Polol: 'The Lords' Water" might be? Looks like it might be a pond in a park or something, kind of between Castles Thorsar and Urdo, right up against the city wall opposite the harbor. I'm just trying to figure out how to index it.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  20:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,
did you have time to have a look at my "pages 32 to 42" files ?
Do not hesitate to tell is something is wrong in it. In order to avoid from making the same mistakes in the third part of my task !

N.B. : I'm not able to list the entries of the maps which are in my pages. I own the pdf version of the cyc and the resolution is too bad to be able to read the names in the map. Sorry for that.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  20:28:16  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did last week and I didn't see any major errors, etc. K, when you send me the files, just write a note about the map so I can remember. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Kuje,
did you have time to have a look at my "pages 32 to 42" files ?
Do not hesitate to tell is something is wrong in it. In order to avoid from making the same mistakes in the third part of my task !

N.B. : I'm not able to list the entries of the maps which are in my pages. I own the pdf version of the cyc and the resolution is too bad to be able to read the names in the map. Sorry for that.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  20:30:42  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I did last week and I didn't see any major errors, etc. K, when you send me the files, just write a note about the map so I can remember. :)

I will.

What does "etc K" mean in your post ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  22:16:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grin. I wrote it fast so I shortened some words. K was short for OK and Etc, is Etc. I can't spell that word. Etceteria? However it's spelled. :)

quote:

quote:

I will.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  22:20:14  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Grin. I wrote it fast so I shortened some words. K was short for OK and Etc, is Etc. I can't spell that word. Etceteria? However it's spelled. :)

quote:

quote:

I will.

Slow down koo-gee! You are baffling the Frenchman trying to read your super fast psuedo-english

It should be Et cetera, but alot of people smash it together, etcetera and seems somewhat acceptable

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 24 Sep 2008 22:20:36
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  05:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ET CÆTERA, ET CETERA, ET CŒTERA, ETC...

It's OK now. I've understood.
Thanks to both of you.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  05:25:24  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kuje,

Which ones are you having problems with? I have the book, so I can do them if needed.

~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  13:37:52  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the maps. When I took on the pages, I was on vacation and able to do that, plus actually catch up on my reading! Now, work and life is back to normal which means I'm barely able to keep up with my email...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  16:10:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh. Alright, so want me to remove you from the project then?

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the maps. When I took on the pages, I was on vacation and able to do that, plus actually catch up on my reading! Now, work and life is back to normal which means I'm barely able to keep up with my email...

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  17:10:53  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For now, until I can figure out a better schedule.

Unfortunately, I'm spending a lot of my free time converting some FR stuff to Pathfinder for my gaming group in order to playtest.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  19:27:54  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

...not able to list the entries of the maps ...

Which ones are you having problems with? I have the book, so I can do them if needed.

~Kes

It's the map of Shadowdale on page (in or on page ? How should I say that ?)... page 78.
Thanks of helping Kes'

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  10:14:50  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a great project, and I'd love to help out, but right now all my 1e/2e stuff is living about 200 miles away from me.
I'll let you know when I get my library moved or manage to track down some older PDFs... the only ones I have are the ones from the WotC website; I wish they'd change those up every once in a while.
Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this topic and let you know when I get my older stuff... my 3e stuff is handy, so I could work on that, but it sounds like you want to do the older products first, right? I'm not even going to look for e-copies of the gray box or early FR series stuff, because the paper and print color combo, while very cool, did not lend itself well to electronic reproduction except at *very* high resolution; that's probably why Fillow was having the problems he was talking about.
How much descriptive text do you want in the entries? The sample entry for Iriaebor seemed rather large.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  13:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jakk, I'm not sure this counts as a "hidden" treasure of Candlekeep, but it sure is a treasure. Up through October, 2006, a scribe called EvilKnight was compiling this huge electronic index for 3.0/3.5 materials. I'm not sure if the project is still ongoing, or is considered complete, or what.

If I knew how, I'd do something for 4E while there's still a relatively limited amount of material published--as it is, I'm following Kuje's model and the indexing guidelines here to privately assemble an "all of 4E FR" index.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  16:35:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I wanted to start with the older material cause it was published first and it'll make it easier to add the material that came later, since we'll already have index'd topics for it. But will add you to my list as well to contact at a later date.

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

This sounds like a great project, and I'd love to help out, but right now all my 1e/2e stuff is living about 200 miles away from me.
I'll let you know when I get my library moved or manage to track down some older PDFs... the only ones I have are the ones from the WotC website; I wish they'd change those up every once in a while.
Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this topic and let you know when I get my older stuff... my 3e stuff is handy, so I could work on that, but it sounds like you want to do the older products first, right? I'm not even going to look for e-copies of the gray box or early FR series stuff, because the paper and print color combo, while very cool, did not lend itself well to electronic reproduction except at *very* high resolution; that's probably why Fillow was having the problems he was talking about.
How much descriptive text do you want in the entries? The sample entry for Iriaebor seemed rather large.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  20:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje, I'm in late about the pages-76-to-86 files. I've still 2 pages to read and collect. Just 2 !
I will send you the zip tomorrow evening.

Excuse-me for it.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  21:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, yeah, I should report in. I've done the raw listing of everything the pages 87 to 96. Now I divide them into the categories, right? And send the files back to you.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  22:45:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what you are asking.... as I've said to you a few times now, do it however you like as long as I get the page #'s for the info, so I can add it to my master file.

And no worries Fillow.

quote:

Oh, yeah, I should report in. I've done the raw listing of everything the pages 87 to 96. Now I divide them into the categories, right? And send the files back to you.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  04:38:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did get your two emails, I just haven't had the time this week to add them to my files. I probably will on friday or the wkend.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  19:55:46  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No probs Boss.
And do not hesitate to contact me back if you want me to correct anything.
Have a good read !

It will met me some time to work on the 4E "community project" !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  00:21:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still working on adding the two recent files that I received to my master copy, so I haven't forgotten, I've just been working on them and also being busy. :)

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  05:14:19  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No probs Kuje,
Since I read you within the Keep, I've no doubt about your "work". I knew you did not drop the project !

I'm also busy with the 4E index project !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  06:24:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a little more time on my hands now that I've dropped all my 4e projects, so let me know if you need help for the next one.

I feel guilty about dropping out (life does that, sometimes), so if there is anything you still need done for this - or the next - let me know.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000